After 3 months of no drinking... not even a month and

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am almost back to where I was before sad

Now to find it within myself to stop again

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that, what a shame.  But you did it before....you can do it again.

I am afraid I am almost back to where I started, I had not been able to stop, but I had almost halved my intake.  It is such an emotional crutch for me, I can't imagine ever being able to stop.

Don't despair Sue, just brush yourself off and fight the demon again.

Pat xx

• Posted

Thank you Pat and yes it's an emotional crutch for me as well... thats why it is so hard to stop.... but I also do not want to lead a drunkin life either

Thank you again xx Sue

• Posted

Oh dear. I know exactly where you are coming from. 

I gave up for 18 months. I went to AA and it was brilliant to start with. I went 4 nights a week. But eventually I couldn't handle the constant talk about alcohol. I wanted to get away from it. Not have it forced down my throat 24/7. It got to the point where talking about alcohol made me want it. I listened to people's stories about what it had done to their lives and I thought "I was nowhere near that bad" " what the f"ck am I worried about". So after 18 months i gave up. Don't get me wrong, AA was amazing when I needed it, but a pain in the arse when I didn't.

• Posted

HI Sue

Perhaps you can swing this around again and stop?? We are all hoping the best for you and would like you do go back to the road of recovery...think of today as a new day and DO IT..no drinking...you are strong and can do it..best of luck

• Posted

Really do feel for you Sue.  It is an emotional rollercoaster that so many of us are on.  I am detoxing again for the second time and I am as I have done before addressing the issues that have driven me to drink with a different mindset.  I have also reflected back and realised how lucky I am to be alive after 25 years of 140 units/week and I have been looking at it from a medical prospective.  You can do it Sue, one day at a time, take care R
  • Posted

ayDon't stress too much about 'falling Off the Wagon' Sue, we've All been there!! Just take each day as it comes, even if you don't get to the end of the day without a drink, get as far as you can. Drink lots of water, fill yourself up, it helps.
  • Posted

Dear sue, I know how very, very hard it is...but never give up...giving up....it took me endless years to finally stop...sections ( four times )...home detours..ect, but I managed it eventually....I have been well for twelve years and have my life back....

Count every day alcohol free as a real success....on days you do drink...it is NOT, NOT the end of the world, just try again tomorrow...you can and will get there....

BE KIND TO YOURSELF, you are only human, we all make mistakes and have flaws....but that does not make us bad or weak in any way at all.....just keep trying and trying, you will do it....huge HUGS and very, very best wishes to you....take care always...Deirdre xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.