After 30 yrs, this worked! So simple, I'm amazed!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

After exhausting my local physicians, I recently went to a Surgeon who specializes in colon & rectal surgery. I told him about my problem and without hesitation he said stop drinking coffee, in fact, cut out ALL caffeine and stop eating chocolate. I told him I didn't believe him. There's no way something so simple could alleviate a problem that has been plaguing me for 30 years. It wasn't easy since I love both chocolate and coffee (coffee was the hardest) but you know what? IT WORKED, I have been symptom free for weeks!! He also advised me to put a piece of cotton in my butt crack to cover my anus to help absorb moisture, this makes a big diff too.

I suffered for so long that I am still in disbelief. If you have suffered with this, I mean seriously battled this then you know how debilitating it can be.  Late night showers, scratching, the endless creams & powders... Please take this advice. Despite the intense headaches in the beginning it has been worth it. The doctor said to me. "The cure is up to you, there is nothing I can do for you. Use the cotton and quit eating those items. 90% of my patients have been successful with this approach. " He said I can try to reintroduce them into my diet but I am not sure I want to. I kinda like being caffeine free. I sleep better too!! cheesygrin

GOOD LUCK!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I went to the Doctor and got the same advice, this only alleviated some of my symptoms. Best thing I ever did was get a bidet (bio bidet). I'm now symptom free and I can eat/drink whatever I want and I don't have to worry about cotton balls falling out at embarrassing moments. I'm telling you this is what doctors should be telling their patients to do!

• Posted

If one cant afford a bidet then next best thing is to wipe with this stuff called angel cleansing gel. it has seaweed and aloe vera in it, kept in the fridge makes it last longer and more soothing.
    • Posted

I have using water to cleanse for years as well but success was elusive. FOR ME this was what finally worked.
    • Posted

A good hand held shower head works as well. The issue is you can't take shower with you! 😝

• Posted

Wow that simple?  What can i say, I dont drink coffee but i love my chocolate! To much sugar alone can cause this problem, especialy after a dose of antibiotics.which can lead to candida which one of the affects is an itchy bottom .I must admit after given up sugary stuff that included chocolate  i did feel heaps better in my selfe and far worse since going back on them again. Caffeine can also irritate the bladder as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.