After 4 months on 100mg anxiety is back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have been on 100 mg for over 4 months now, I have had better days, but anxiety, depression, tinnitus and introusive thougths are back again. I have been told Its my second time on an ssri thus it can take much longer to level, I spent about 1,5 year on 10 mg Lexapro about 2 years ago. Can anyone relate? Can it still improve or should I change meds?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

you will probably remember that l tried sertraline for 14 weeks but was feeling worse as the weeks progressed. With advice from doctor am slowly coming off it and the last 3 days have been my best for a long time. Have been doing telephone EFT with a therapist.

• Posted

It seems you did the right thing. I might follow you soon. How much did you decrease so far please?

• Posted

2 weeks on 25

12 weeks on 50

5 days alternate 25/50

5 days 25

5 days alternate 0/25

l take the last 25 tonight.

• Posted

Are you finding things are improving. I'm slowly weaning off citalopram the sertraline definitely caused OCD for me. Not too bad have had few days with a little improvement. Had read on an OCD website someone said OCD can be side effect of SSRI"s. Guess will take while for it to improve but sooner get off the meds the better in my case.

• Edited

Only have 1 x 25mg dose to take tonight and the l have finished sertraline. Going to work on EFT with a therapist, have started already and it appears to be helping. Not going on any other SSRI. My recent days have seen an improvement in my overall well being. 3 weeks ago on 50mg l was really bad and had no life, already l am getting out again for walks.

• Posted

Good to hear EFT is helping. I wish you to feel better soon!

• Posted

How is it going? Are you getting better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.