After 4 months on citalopram i am back to square one

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am in month 5 on citalopram with the last month upping to 40m. I was almost doing well and was feeling better but all of a sudden the anxiety and depression are back. i have no motivation, very tired and not enjoying life. I am so scared if it stays like this. What if the pill is not working!!!!! Will i ever experience happiness again? Please... has this ever happened to anyone?

I feel no improvement since upped to 40m. I remember feeling better on 20m.😢😣

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ferim

I'm in the same boat as you I've done 16 weeks on 20mg then 3 weeks on 30mg and my anxiety has gone down a bit but depression/low mood has got worse every morning when I wake is a horrible feeling of anxiety and racing thoughts hopefully some one on this site can advise us on what's happening

• Posted

Ahh. I am sorry don that u r feeling the same. It is such a horrible feeling. I feel like i dont belong to this world. Nothing makes me excited. I love to live but not like this. I hope sb gives us a true advice. Get well soon.
    • Posted

Thanks ferim

Hope you get well soon

Do you have racing thoughts ?

• Posted

Yes don. Sometimes i get them and i am scared if i am going crzy and if do sth silly. That seems to be the climax of my anxiety and depression.
  • Posted

Hi ferim. Remember that it takes time to get over side effects when you up youre dose. Can take well beyond a month to get straightened out and Feeling better. Hang in there and things will get better. I've experienced the same things you are going through and things are looking up for me after almost 5 weeks of upping my dose from 20 to 30 mg's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.