After 4 weeks on citalopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, well it will be 4 weeks after tomorrow!... and im pleased to say im delighted with the improvement its made to my life. Ive been taking cit for 17 years, but i was and in all honesty still am an anti drug kind of person, which is why although I say its been 17 years, I have very rarely, if ever, taking it as religiously as I have this last 4 weeks. A month ago I was in a horrible place having slowly weening myself of cit to virtually nothing, I actually thought my time was up, i was incredibly desperate, but luckily a friend of mine made sure I saw a dr and made sure I went back to taking cit(20mg) im so glad he did, the improvement is steady and there are crap days, expect them, im doing more, feeling better and its still only 4 weeks (6 to 8 weeks is the usual time for improvement). Im lucky that ive never had any side affects,ive read some horrific stories on here that have scared me. I will keep you updated with things but also want to encourage others to keep taking cit, be patient, there will be crappy days but hang in there, THINGS DO IMPROVE. Thanks for reading and take care... Luke

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing Luke. I'm so glad that you are seeing improvements.

Citalopram worked just the same for me many years ago.

I was put on them again 10 weeks ago but they didn't work for me this time but I'm hopeful the new meds will.

Keep us updated.

Get out there now and take your life back. You deserve it xxx

• Posted

Thank you Gillian....... and regarding your last line........ ditto to you too! Xx

• Posted

Hi Luke, I am glad things are improving for you. I have been on Citalopram for about 3 mths now thou only 10mg as 20mg had to many side effects and it takes the edge off for me. My panic attacks have stopped and anxiety is better. Only real problem now is not sleeping well. I am glad i perserved as on the whole i feel a lot better. 
  • Posted

Great to hear Luke! So glad they are working for you and you are reaping the benefits.

Hope there are more happy days ahead for you. Life is exciting and precious- enjoy it x 

• Posted

That is awesome smile thank you for sharing and thank you for listening to your friend! smile

• Posted

Me and my big mouth!

Surprise surprise, after writing how great I was feeling on Saturday ive came down to earth with a big bump. The obsessive thoughts have stormed back with a vengeance as have a few of the physical symptoms. Today is the 31st day on cit, so maybe its still a bit early for the tablets to get into my system, as altho I felt great Saturday im was and am very up and down. Do I need to concerned or is this to be expected?.... thanks for reading....Luke x

• Posted

It's to be expected Luke. Try and stay positive. Give it a bit more time. Keep smiling smile
    • Posted

It's swings and roundabouts for me too at the mo.

1 minute I find positivity inside me and feel I can beat this and the next I'm a blubbering nervous wreck feeling like this will never end.

I'm hoping it just takes time to level out  and in a few more weeks I will see and feel something like confident that I will be my old self again x

• Posted

Gillian u said "it takes time to level out" by this r u talking about waiting for the meds to kick in?...and what meds(if any) r u on as u said u couldnt take cit anymore.....thank you

• Posted

Just the extremes in my moods. 

You had a glimpse of feeling good Luke so you can safely say that your meds are working. You are probably just having a few bad days but eventually that won't happen. The good days will outnumber the bad until your back to the old you.

I'm on Mirtazapine which is ideal for me as I wasn't eating or sleeping with anxiety and it helps with all these things x

• Posted

Thank you Kiris
  • Posted

This question is 100% pure reassurance, im in a horrible 3 day blip, and im starting to worry that maybe the CIT aint doing it for me, ive been taking them for 4 and half weeks........I need to take them longer before I feel the effects.....havent I....?? Thank you....luke

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.