After 7 years of reflux misery have found RELIEF

Posted , 20 users are following.

I just want to share this, it might help somebody. After 7 years of reflux problem, just the silent type then more lately, heartburn too sometimes, I have found sonething to bring total relief. My biggest problem was chronic coughing and throat clearing. It was irritating to me and everyone around me and totally exhausting. I was prescribed Lanzoprazole 30mg pet day and a Beconase spray twice a day. No tests first. Did not really help. After coming to this forum I started experimenting. I found that flat diet coke relieved heartburn. Strange, it is acidic, the opposite of the meds! I stopped the meds and found a little relief, now convinced the meds made me worse! I then decided to take some probiotics. I bought acidophilus and am taking two chewable tablets per day as per instructions on the bottle. Have been taking for just FOUR days and COUGHING NO LONGER. It feels like a miracle. I just feel so calm and well. Amazing. I will go see doc and tell him to remove the other meds from my prescription. Will only be taking BP meds from now on. If you have not tried taking probiotics I urge you to try.

9 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i've been having heartburn & acid reflux that's been progressively getting worse over the past couple years.  my doctor just said to take antacids & if that makes i go away i shouldn't have to worry.  i remember my father used to eat zantac like candy so i thought that was normal.   i have been feeling congested all the time & coughing & clearning my throat.  i have asthma & those are also symptoms that accompany asthma, so it seemed that was the problem.  i was so miserable on sunday i went to the drugstore & bought some probiotics with acidophilus just because it was something different & supposedly helps with digestive issues.  i came home & started researching & saw your post.  i seem to be having a similar experience.  for the first 3 days i took it i hardly had any symptoms.  i forgot yesterday & was miserable again.  took them today again & haven't had a problem.  i'm hoping this continues the way it seems to have helped others.  i really thought all the coughing, throat clearing, was congestion from post nasal drip related to asthma & allergies. even the doctor would say my lungs were clear but i kept saying i felt so congested.   i haven't been having those problems either since i've been taking the probiotics so i hope to be on the right track with this.  when we were little my aunt used to give us coca cola syrup for upset stomachs. 

• Posted

Probiotics worked for me too. Getting the guts microbiome healthy again is the trick. Fermented foods really helped me accomplish this but I think the thing that helped me get cured the most was homemade kombutcha. Tastes great too. Stress does terrible things to the gut btw.

• Posted

Hi!!! I can't bellve that I found this! I am dealing exactly with some like cough nad the only things it may work is water with Apple code vinegar and acidophilus probiotics! Do you have low stomach acid? Thank you!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.