After a night out I am struggling to breathe

Posted , 1 user is following.

I recently went out drinking and doing a bit of cocaine Friday night, came back Saturday morning, went to bed for a few hours woke up Saturday afternoon and began struggling to breathe

It started to get worse, I then managed to go to sleep after hours of struggling in the day

I then wake up sunday morning and i experienced the same thing again, called 111 for advice, some confusion happened and paramedics turned up at my door. They began to check a few things anyway like my oxygen saturation (which was 100%) and heart rate and was all fine. they said it could be stress or anxiety.

Few days later Im still struggling to catch my breath so I go to A&E, doctor performed no tests on me (only stethoscope) and assumed its psychoactive.

this doesnt sound right to me as its now thursday, 5 days since Ive been struggling to breathe, I havent smoked, drank alcohol or done any illicit substances since friday

I have experienced this 3 other times which have all been this year (very strange) since the summer after nights out but only lasted a maximum of 12 hours

any ideas on what this can be/what to take? long covid? inflamed lungs?

(tested negative for covid)

any replies would be much much appreciated thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hey Tom,

that sucks. maybe try some breathing exercises (can find online) keep pushing with the Drs as well..

maybe stop the coke too 😉

hope you get it sorted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.