Skip to content

Respiratory Symptoms and Disorders

New discussion Join group Also known as Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Asbestos Lung Disease, Breathing Difficulties, Bronchiolitis, Bronchitis - Acute, Chest Infection, Common Cold, Cough, Croup, Cystic Fibrosis, Epiglottitis, Kartageners Syndrome, LRTI, Pneumonia, Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia, URTI

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • ankita91264 1
  • hollys84 1

Pain just under ribs

I'm just looking for advice from anyone who might have had similar. I've had a cough and visited the doctor who told me it was nothing to worry about. (Appointment was two weeks ago now, I've had the cough about 5 weeks now). Recently I've developed a pain just under my ribs on the right side. It's...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • s98188 2

Breathing problems!

I've been having a big problem with feeling like I can't catch my breath. I know I am getting enough air because my doctor did a PFT and my lungs are fine, along with an X-ray and I can see my chest and stomach expanding when I breath. I have been dealing with anxiety for a couple months now and it...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • brie37444 2

Could it be my meds?

Over the past four to six months I've noticed increasingly frequent occasions where easy breathing feels harder and swallowing food seems to take more effort. Soon to follow in the worsening trend was lightheadedness and sudden onset fatigue. Initially it was worst with the fatigue where I would just...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • tek35546 1

Shortness of breath

I have been having shortness of breath. I also have fatigue and tiredness. I have been having sleep insomnia for the last few nights because of the shortness of breath. 2 doctors said it might be anxiety and another said its just allergies but no one want to run any tests. And i am not buying what they...

• rai27 2

Strange sensation / tightness in chest and upper throat

I'm hoping for some help please..I have been feeling this strange sensation in the chest and lower throat. It's a sensation which I can only describe as a heavy feeling (no pain) and a tickling cough sensation in the chest. This then moves upwards to the lower throat area and makes it as though it is...

355 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • FlutterbyPie 2

Excessive Yawning and Constant Need to Breathe Deep

For the past few days, I've been yawning a lot, much more than average (once every few minutes I feel the need). If I'm not yawning I'm breathing in as deep as I can to get similar "satisfaction". Often I cannot get the "satisfaction" from these and so the urge grows and grows, meaning it can get quite...

446 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • Fred1337 2

Strange tickling feeling between chest and throat.

Hello.First of all I want to apologize for any grammar mistakes. So lets begin.I started getting this strange tickling feeling between my chest and throat about 5 months ago.This happens probably once a week and when this happens my breathing gets really hard.When I try to inhale I feel this tickling...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • stu41090 1
  • pghdesigner 2

Enlarged Lymph Nodes - New Here!

Hi. I'm 34 years old.. female. Yes, a smoker and officially trying to quit! I was in the ER last Saturday for a slight chest pain and pain in my neck. All of which were brushed off after the EKG came back perfectly fine and that was a relief. Then the chest xray came back and they saw something that...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Tabicat 1

Chronic persistent cough since radiotherapy

Shortly after radiotherapy treatment in 2010 I developed a dry persistent cough along with hoarseness in the throat. Last year the cough was so severe I fractured two ribs. Chest x-rays are clear, lung function test normal, no symptoms of reflux, asthma or shortness of breath. Cough is worse when...

25 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sandeep44243 1

Hi

Hi My father age is 64.ESR report is 110 level given 0-15.

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • JGoodman 2

difficulty breathing at night-:(

For about 3 weeks now I have been experiencing difficulty sufficiently breathing, especially at night. It's a sensation that I can only describe as a feeling of not being able to get enough air in my lungs' or 'a tightness in my chest/airways. It's still apparent during the day but worsens by night....

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • melody122704 2

Random Shortness of Breath & Fast Heart Beat

I'm only 15 years old, but at random moments (even when I'm doing nothing but reading) my heart will suddenly beat quickly and I get shortness of my breaths. I don't think anything in particular causes it and it doesn't seem to get worse with exercise, but if I try to get up and walk around when this...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • louise12570 2
  • mary71545 1

Cough for two years desperate

Hi I'm 19 now. Pretty sure my last account was blocked for whatever reason. Anyway I've had a barking cough this is life ruining for about two years. Now. It started after pneumonia and never went away. I've had every single test known to mankind. Bronchoscopy showed a swollen larynx and the doc said...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • steve22887 2

I need my life back.

Been struggling for months now. In and out of ERS and so many tests. I have near constant Shortness of Breath. I have had 3 EKGS, and 4-5 chest x rays. Nothing is wrong, my Oxygen levels are 98-100. But most of each day i feel like i cant get a deep breath. Tightness in right side. My doctor said its...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • maggi may 2

bronchectasis

hi  can any one tell me if bronchectasis make you feel realy poorly some times some day its fine but orther days  im out of breath   never two day the  same with asthma on top of that   some times i feel  down in the dumps but always pichpk my self up again  lol

• Worry wort 1

My throat always hurts.

Need to constantly clear my throat. On both sides and sometimes on only one side of my throat. If i dont clear it i get nauseous. And gag. And sometimes theres mucus but dry at times as well.

• Myflower36 2

Post Nasal Drip

I have constant PND that bothers me so much that I can't even enjoy life. Plus I had tonsil stones that caused bad breath. I had tonsillectomy 2 years ago and that helped with tonsil problems, however when I swallow mucus I taste bitter/sour/foul taste that stays in my mouth. ENT doctor said that I have...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • z2danish 2
  • mark06213 2

Coughing for 6 weeks

ive been coughing now for 6 weeks, been to the doctors twice, everything is clear on my chest no sign of fever. He gave me a nasal spray first time and a inhaler (preventor) the second time!! this seems to be having no effect at all. I sometimes feel short on breath but only after coughing alot, it sounds...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • alex38332 1

Difficulty taking deep rbeaths

About 2 months ago I was hit in the chest with a ball quite hard, and since then I have been having troubles taking deep breaths. Got my chest checked and there was nothing broken. A constant need to yawn too. Does anyone know anything?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • gaylem 1

Shortness of breath with fatigue and yawning

I have had shortness of breath when walking up hill doing other physical activity fatigue when I get really short of breath I do slot of yawning. Sitting relaxing I have to take a breath. Bending over I get short of breath. I've had pulmonary function test echo stress test blood work done and they...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • none92513 1

Sick?

I woke up yesterday  feeling sick. I had a stuffy and runny nose at the same time. I also had a very minor cough. I woke up this morning with the same thing. Only this morning I had felt unwell and not wanting to get up.

• laurrrrmichelle 2

chest tightness

I am experiencing chest tightness mostly on my right side (almost a sore/dry feeling) and somewhat of a sore throat, mild dry cough. I also feel a general weakness in my muscles/joints and am easily fatigued. I'm 23 and generally pretty healthy but have been traveling and was sick with strep throat...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • stacy68790 1

Breathing difficulties

I've got the same thing happening to me as to the person who put the post up, I've been to the doctors today 13.5.17 and his sending me for a blood tests and sleep apnoea test, It's so annoying I just want my breathing fixed 😞

• daniel85728 1

Asbestos exposure!

A little over five years ago i was Made to break up around 10 body Bags full of white corrugated Asbestos cement chrysotile. I Believe it was around 15% asbestos But i'm not sure. It was all broken into small piece's. Before this exposure I have come into contact with asbestos around 15 times. This was...

• helen50835 2

pneumonia

i worked with a student who was in hospital with pneumonia and thought i was ok 3 days later i began being ill was told it was a chest infection got amocicllion 500mg took them and perdnisolone steroids for 5 days was no better went to hospital as good friday was told had pneumonia was prescribed clarithromycin500mg...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Geminione6374 1

Waking up choking

My boyfriend wakes up every night choking. It seems very serious like he can't breathe. If he can't go back to sleep, I'll make him sit up and he'll still occasionally cough, like every few moments. He says it started after he quit smoking 2 years ago. He feels like he's got something in his throat....

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lily83278 2

Panic and anxiety

I'm lily , I'm 14 years old and for about a month now I have been having shortness of breath and feel like I can't breath and always taking big breaths it goes off and on again and I also always panic and feel like I have a disease of some kind when I reallydon't.I don't like closed spaces and I don't...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • claire43684 1

Chest tightness, I don't know what else to do

Hi guys, my first time on here. I'll start from the beginning, I'm 29, blood pressure perfect, healthy etc but about 7 weeks ago, I had a sudden tightness across my chest, no pain just heavy.. I called 999 and they took me to hospital. I had an ecg which was fine, blood test and tribe teats and they...

• lauriemb20 1

Coughing for over 2 months x ray showed bronchitis

I have had a lingering cough since March 15, 2017. Been to to see the doctor 4 times.  I have been told it was GERD / acid reflux and I have been told it was bronchitis after my chest xray came back.  I have been on antibiotics and Prednisone twice. I was also given an albuterol inhaler and none of these...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • tw51063 1

what is "mild pleural thickening"

it's one of the comment in the report after chest x-ray of my body check. No other comment  I asked the doctor what it is , he did not answer me clearly and said it's OK. I asked him if I needed any treatment or prevention or anything I should do , he did not respond to me. I then looked up the keywords...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Kayla282004 1
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.