Skip to content
Ad

Respiratory Symptoms and Disorders

Also known as Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Asbestos Lung Disease, Breathing Difficulties, Bronchiolitis, Bronchitis - Acute, Chest Infection, Common Cold, Cough, Croup, Cystic Fibrosis, Epiglottitis, Kartageners Syndrome, LRTI, Pneumonia, Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia, URTI

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • can't get a deep breath for several days

My daughter occassionally has 2-3 days where she can't take a deep breath.   She feels like she not getting enough air when breathing and then tries to inhale and still can't get a good breath.  Its doesn't stop her from daily activities but is bothersome.   It started her...

Last reply
  • Thick mucus in throat. Coughing and hawking when talking

Hi, Around a year and a half ago, during a very stressful period, I starting having this constant throat clearing with what it appears to be very thick mucus and had to expel. Even if you do, new mucus seemps to take its place. Doctors associate this with reflux but H2 blockers or PPIs seem to help....

Last reply
  • Strange sensation / tightness in chest and upper throat

I'm hoping for some help please..I have been feeling this strange sensation in the chest and lower throat. It's a sensation which I can only describe as a heavy feeling (no pain) and a tickling cough sensation in the chest. This then moves upwards to the lower throat area and makes it as though...

Last reply
  • Short of breath

Healthy I workout 5 days a week ,4 weeks ago very short of breath and tingling upper spine with some discomfort between shoulder blades went to ER they said pleurisy but xray and all blood work is fine.They gave me medicine and inhaler nothing has changed don't know if it's a pulmonary or...

Posted
  • Trouble breathing

For about a week I feel like I just am not breathing right. I've been having burning pain in my upper back-lung area. When I take in a deep breath it is very uncomfortable pressure in my chest. The past 2 days I've started having a dry cough but when I cough hard I get this feeling of an electrical...

Last reply
  • Respiratory Clinic referral - SCARED I HAVE LUNG CANCER!

Hi all After 7 months now dry coughing during the night and a little now during the day, chest tightness (for the last 3 weeks) and a serious of throat wheezing and choking sensations in my throat, feeling like my lungs do not have enough air in them so inhaling deeper every 5 mintues and accommpanied...

Posted
  • difficulty breathing at night-:(

For about 3 weeks now I have been experiencing difficulty sufficiently breathing, especially at night. It's a sensation that I can only describe as a feeling of not being able to get enough air in my lungs' or 'a tightness in my chest/airways. It's still apparent during the day but worsens...

Last reply
  • Density n left lower lung - Pneumonia Or Something Else?

I was at the emergency ward about ten days ago for an unrelated health problem.  ​The attending Physician sent me for a chest x-ray as she heard something in my left lung. She came back to me and said "I think you have a case of mild pneumonia." She gave me a loading dose of azithromycin​...

Last reply
  • Inhaled?

I took a bite out of my strawberry and as I had it in my moutgh - I couldn't breathe for a second, as if something was blocking it, but instead of coughing I just swallowed. What the hell happened? Did it just slip down my throats and into my trachea before I properly swallowed it? I can...

Last reply
  • brinchiactesis

I had a spyrometry test yesterday, it came out at 39 percent.  I have had bronchiactesis for 12 years   I feel in good health apart from shortness of breath  does anyone have this kind of result. Seems very low 

Last reply
  • Still have tightness in chest after pneumonia

I am recovering from bacterial pneumonia. I had to take two lots of antibiotics one was co amoxiclav and the other was amoxicillin plus prednisolone to see it off. The thing is my chest still feels tight, i have a really annoying cough, i get breathless when doing the any thing and i am so tired. My...

Last reply
  • Is this postnasal drip?

Hello. I was on this site 3 weeks ago with abdominal issues, which have almost completely resolved now. Anywho, my problem started the beginning of June. I was laying down one night, and had a sudden feeling of a lump in my throat, which was very random and came out of nowhere. Being the worrywart I...

Last reply
  • Chronic Cough - Very worried please help with some advise

Hello all, this is my first post here and I am very worried. If you can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. My wife, aged 32 active female nonsmoker had a cold with a very slight fever about 7 weeks ago. She got better in a few days but lost her voice for a day or two from which she recovered...

Last reply
  • Chest pain and coughing

I got a bad chest infection in december since then i have had numerous chest infections a cough and discomfort in my chest. I have had x-ray, chest scan, a lung washout and a biospy. They can not find the cause. I am on steroid inhaler and an oral steroid also. Just finished more antibiotics for another...

Last reply
  • Cough and chest symptoms for five weeks. Worried.

Hi I'm looking for advice as this is getting me down now. I started with a sore throat and cold on 24 June. That turned into sinusitis and I also had a productive cough, severe headaches, and chest discomfort. I went to walk in centre three times and each time was told chest is clear and it's...

Last reply
  • shortness of breath and dry mouth

Hi there, I have shortness of breath and dry mouth. When I initially began taking Multiple Vitamins, I had one pill in the morning on an empty stomach without any problems. But a month or so, I started experiencing shortness of breath and dry mouth. I stopped taking it for a week and I am still...

Last reply
  • Excessive Yawning and Constant Need to Breathe Deep

For the past few days, I've been yawning a lot, much more than average (once every few minutes I feel the need). If I'm not yawning I'm breathing in as deep as I can to get similar "satisfaction". Often I cannot get the "satisfaction" from these and so the urge grows and...

Last reply
  • Having trouble breathing deeply

Hello, I have read a few of your posts about issues similar to mine. I see that alot of you are experiencing s.o.b (shortness of breath) or issues breathing deeply as well. I am 32 years old and have these spells where I cant take a solid breath in. I am about 70lbs over weight, however, before i...

Last reply
  • Need help symptoms are ruining my life!

Hey all new to the group. 22 year old male. Okay so my symptoms are chest pains and back pain mainly on the left side and the centre, difficulty breathing and swallowing, coughing with and without phlegm.. phlegm is usually thick and has had blood streaks 2-3 times that i have noticed.. weakness and...

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath & air hunger

For the past 2 months I've experienced this new symptom which is dyspnea shortness of breath. I had numerous tests. Xray of the heart and lungs and came out normal. And then I has numerous blood tests & EKG. All normal. I've also seen a cardiologist and he performed a stress test & Echocardiogram....

Last reply
  • Long term cough

Hi  I've been with a constant cough with a lot of green mucus for over a month. I went to the doctor and she prescribed amoxicillin for 5 days for a chest infection. Two weeks has passed and not much better. My toddler is the same. She's now taking a liquid antibiotic. Is anyone had a chest...

Last reply
  • chesty

13 weeks ago i had a bad chest infection and pneumonia i have been slowly recovering 6 weeksago my feet andlegs began to swell now i am waiting to go for a heart scan breathless all the time i am at theminute taking 40 breathes per minute am exhausted legs and feet really swollen blood pressure is raised...

Last reply
  • I always feel like I can't take a deep enough breath?

This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. The need for more air is NEVER satisfied. It never goes away. And it's gotten worse. I'm always yawning and I feel like I can never take a deep enough breath. Yesterday I walked up the stairs of waterslide at a water park and I was out of...

Last reply
  • A chronic cough since 2 months

My father had been coughing chronically for 2 months or more.. He had visited 5 doctors or more and entered the hospital twice but no progress.. he goes breathless sometimes and gets muscle tensions from the sharpness of the coughs.. his tone started to disappear and couldn't talk a lot for a while.....

Last reply
  • Excessive yawning, shallow, raspy breaths, should I be worried?

When I breathe in, I never feel like I can breathe deep enough. I also feel like my breaths sound raspy. I have been yawning excessively as well, even when I've had plenty of sleep. I believe that the yawning is caused by the shallow breaths because there is not enough oxygen getting to the brain....

Last reply
  • Feeling Breathless

I have mitral valve problem as of lately and I think that I might be having breathlessness from that I go to the cardiologist next month I am hoping for the best that can cause weakness feeling of breathlessness and no strength I'm wondering if it's hereditary my mother had her aorta valve replaced...

Posted
  • Persistent Cough

I've had a cough for 3 months. It's horrible and causes vomiting and hoarseness. Dr has not found the cause but refuses to continue giving me the cough medicine that works because it contains a narcotic. What should I do? I need relief from this cough.

Last reply
  • Difficulty in breathing for 3-4 mintues

from last 2-3 years my mom is experiencing difficulty in breathing for 4-5 minutes .She has got these attacks around 3 -4 times in this year . While during this attack she struggles to breath and feels something is stuck in the chest .

Posted
  • Chest infection - utter nightmare.

Started with a cough 4 weeks ago. Developed into a chest infection. Have coughed so badly I also have laryngitis and have been 3 weeks now with total voice loss.  To complicate things my normally mild asthma has flared up so I now have to use a nebuliser. Also complicating things are the laryngeal...

Last reply
  • DEEP BREATHE PROBLEM

Someone pls enlighten me. Taking deep breathe is the major problem and recently i had gone for ECG, Blood & Cholestrol test all came Ok. But lately im beginning to have this symptoms like upper back pain on both sides, chest pain and for once i noticed blood in my stool but i keep close observation...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.