Skip to content
Ad

Respiratory Symptoms and Disorders

Also known as Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Asbestos Lung Disease, Breathing Difficulties, Bronchiolitis, Bronchitis - Acute, Chest Infection, Common Cold, Cough, Croup, Cystic Fibrosis, Epiglottitis, Kartageners Syndrome, LRTI, Pneumonia, Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia, URTI

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • sore tight rib cage, breathing

have been suffering with a sore ribcage for almost a year It seems to come and go but is getting more and more frequent and lasting for long periods of time, weeks The main symptoms include a constant tight feeling, although it does feel kind of muscular, like the muscles in my chest and back are...

Last reply
  • 6 Ways to Prevent Hypertension

Making an effort to prevent high blood pressure can reduce your risk of heart attack, stroke, and other serious illnesses. If you are at risk for hypertension, take these steps to help prevent it. High blood pressure, which is also called hypertension, increases your risk of developing many serious...

Posted
  • Excessive Yawning and Constant Need to Breathe Deep

For the past few days, I've been yawning a lot, much more than average (once every few minutes I feel the need). If I'm not yawning I'm breathing in as deep as I can to get similar "satisfaction". Often I cannot get the "satisfaction" from these and so the urge grows and...

Last reply
  • Armpit pain when breathing??? Please help

Hey all im a 22yr old white male, and a smoker.  For about a year now i have had difficulties in breathing like feeling like i need to take a deep breathe but not being able to..  i get chest pain and tightness and in the back aswell. Just recently i have been experiencing pain in my armpits...

Posted
  • 3 year old recurrent croup

Hi all  I’m getting really fed up with not getting any help for my daughter. She is 3 and has recurring croup. She had it awful a few months ago and ended up in a&e and they gave her steroids, dexamethasone . The time before that the doctor gave her a salbutamol inhaler, which does absolutely...

Posted
  • Low O2 levels with activity

My blood oxygen levels drop to 85% when I walk around and will drop as low as 73% when I’m playing with my dogs (throwing a ball, chasing them a bit). I am experiencing very severe symptoms of low oxygen (severe shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, mental confusion, extreme exhaustion, irritability,...

Last reply
  • Strange sensation / tightness in chest and upper throat

I'm hoping for some help please..I have been feeling this strange sensation in the chest and lower throat. It's a sensation which I can only describe as a heavy feeling (no pain) and a tickling cough sensation in the chest. This then moves upwards to the lower throat area and makes it as though...

Last reply
  • I'VE HAD A COUGH FOR 2 YEARS

Hello, I have had a cough for about 2 years now and have been to the GP and hospital many a times but they  just give me some tablets that don't work or think i'm lying (one said it was a habit and basically told me I'm lying).  The cough is constant all day and most often i cough...

Last reply
  • Shortness of Breath when Lying Down?

Yes, has anybody experienced this? It’s very mild and does go away after a while. I might cough a little and that’s it. I do have a heart history, nothing too dangerous though. I have a pericardial effusion, but it’s so small it’s practically gone. My blood pressure and heart rate has skyrocketed,  but...

Posted
  • Cannot take a deep breath after open heart surgery

My son is 45 years old and is a smoker and is over weight. I know this is not good but on 24-03-17 he had to have open heart surgery. The operation lasted 3 hours and was successful. However nearly 8 months later is very out of breath, just getting about. He can only take about 1/2 a breath and cannot...

Last reply
  • If you have a chronic cough please read

HI, I’m posting this hoping I can help someone. I’m 19 and for two years I had a barking cough and breathlessness no one could explain. I went to doctors in at least 4 different states trying to get help as it was interfering with my life and I couldn’t be active. I ended up having tracheomalacia. It...

Posted
  • Constant need to take a deep breath or force a yawn

2 Days ago, I started having some weird "Breathing problem". I constantly "feel" the need to take a deep breath or force a yawn. When I take a deep breath, there's 2 kind of breath that might occur: a "not deep enough breath", but im not able to take it deeper or a "real...

Last reply
  • Tickly cough when standing up?

I developed this cough the day they put me on Solotalol Beta Blocker and it has remained even since they took me off in April. It is a tickly windpipe cough. I have noticed if I lie down, even outside in the cold, it goes away, but as soon as I stand up, every breath makes me want to cough. Any ideas?

Posted
  • Sleep related laryngospasm - advice needed please

Hi, I have suffered laryngospasm for four years. I was a deputy head and for two years I had to cover long-term absent teachers in addition to performing my own role, and I consistently worked 80 to 100 hour weeks. Finally, I went down with exhaustion, flu, pneumonia, laryngospasm and (with the additional...

Posted
  • Mum has Lung disease, has been tested Aplha-1 gene and is 'PiZZ'

Hello! My mum was diagnosed with lung disease a couple of months ago and got tested to if she was a carrier of the gene. The results came back that she is mixed MZ type and not the combined ZZ type and understand MZ type is better than the ZZ. She says that she is a PiZZ. I'm finding it a bit hard...

Posted
  • Pneumonia in elderly people. Any hope to recover?

I'm absolutely terrified right now. My Grandmother is almost 90, and today she was diagnosed with Pneumonia. She also has Alzheimer, so at first it was hard for me to see the problem. And yet, I'd noticed that she had shortness of breath and was unusually fussy (even for a person with Alzheimer)....

Last reply
  • Constant Shortness of breathe with no known cause

Hey all ive been suffering with a constant shortness of breathe for quite some time now aswell as chest and back tightness and discomfort and many other symptoms.. no known cause has been found and was just wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction or provide some help.. thanks

Posted
  • Shortness of breath & air hunger

For the past 2 months I've experienced this new symptom which is dyspnea shortness of breath. I had numerous tests. Xray of the heart and lungs and came out normal. And then I has numerous blood tests & EKG. All normal. I've also seen a cardiologist and he performed a stress test & Echocardiogram....

Last reply
  • Respiratory infection Tiredness

Hi, Im a 22 year old and i recently had symptoms of a respiratory infection. It started out with a sore throat and a dry cough which turned into a productive cough (sometimes mucus comes out but i can feel it in my throat most of the time) which has since nearly gone but i still cough from time to time....

Last reply
  • Just sick and my doctor can't get it...

I get this weird feeling of dizziness or vertigo.I believe it comes from the way i breath...I feel like my nostils are soo open that air goes straight to the lungs..it's so strange and hard to explain,my nostils will feel dry all the way to the throat..for restance,I'll get into a shopping mall...

Last reply
  • Productive Cough for 6+ Weeks.

Hey everyone, For the last 6 weeks I've had a cough, and been coughing up phlegm now and again with it. Some days worse than others, some days I don't cough up any phlegm, other days quite a bit? It's mostly clear and/or white.  I'm not sure if this cough is new or connected to...

Last reply
  • Cough! Indoor Allergens caused by baseboard heating?

As the weather is starting to get chilly, has anyone developed a cough? I seem to have this dry cough that barely produces mucas if any. Lately it just seems like I have this urge to cough as the seasons are changing. I bought a house recently and I have old baseboard heaters. I can’t tell if it from...

Last reply
  • Having trouble breathing deeply

Hello, I have read a few of your posts about issues similar to mine. I see that alot of you are experiencing s.o.b (shortness of breath) or issues breathing deeply as well. I am 32 years old and have these spells where I cant take a solid breath in. I am about 70lbs over weight, however, before i...

Last reply
  • Mild bilateral apical pleural thickening ?

My X-ray report for work visa :  The cardiomediastinal silhouette is normal. The lungs are well inflated. MIld bilateral apical pleural thickening is seen. No focal mass lesion, lobar collapse or consolidation is seen. No pleural effusion is detected. The soft tissues and bones appear unremarkable....

Last reply
  • My dear friend is getting over pneumonia ...

She’s been so devastated by getting pneumonia...was rushed by ambulance to hospital & admitted over 2 mos ago.... my friend  is  now 54 yrs old....her twin sister passed many yrs ago from complications of pneumonia & had suffered from Lupus  Present symptoms are every a.m. swollen/pain...

Last reply
  • Pneumonia vaccine

I’ve experienced pneumonia earlier this year. I’m a 40 yr old male and have been accepted to receive the pneumonia vaccine. I suffer terribly from anxiety and am paranoid to death in the side effects of the jab. Has anyone had the jab and how did they feel? Thanks. Chris.

Posted
  • is this a pneumothorax?

I had 2 pneumothorax on my right lung and had to have pleuradesis done. This was 7 months ago. Lately I have been feeling faint and dizzy. I went to the hospital they said my pressure was low 90/60. Then the doc listened to my lungs with a statoscope and said my lungs sound fine. He also did a EKG/ECG....

Last reply
  • Still have tightness in chest after pneumonia

I am recovering from bacterial pneumonia. I had to take two lots of antibiotics one was co amoxiclav and the other was amoxicillin plus prednisolone to see it off. The thing is my chest still feels tight, i have a really annoying cough, i get breathless when doing the any thing and i am so tired. My...

Last reply
  • Word taste smell in the back of my throat

Since Last year I've had this feeling of something being stuck in my nose throat. I went to the doctor and they said it was heartburn. However today when ever I breathe, I get a weird taste slash smell in my nose and throat. It tastes smell like clove oil, the stuff dentists put in your teeth for...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.