Skip to content

Respiratory Symptoms and Disorders

Also known as Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Asbestos Lung Disease, Breathing Difficulties, Bronchiolitis, Bronchitis - Acute, Chest Infection, Common Cold, Cough, Croup, Cystic Fibrosis, Epiglottitis, Kartageners Syndrome, LRTI, Pleurisy/Pleural Effusion, Pneumonia, Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia, URTI

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Urge to breathe deep and shortness of breath. Please help.

My name is PARTHO DEY. I am 23 years old. I am a football player. Till june 7, I was totally fit and fine , and I still remember that I played football on that day with no issues. I use to play football  3-4 hours continuously and even did gymnasium but never had any breathing problems. But …

Last reply
  • I can’t exhale HELP

Hi everyone, I have a problem and I am so scared I dont know what to do anymore. I am 26, smoker for cca 10 years. I recently got of Xanax. Last 2 days I have a feeling like i can’t exhale all the air out of my lungs. It is making me dizzy and scared. I am so worried I have COPD or smtg.  Can …

Last reply
  • Scared About Pulmonary Embolisms, Advice?

I'm 30, female, Hypthyroid (medicated), PCOS, don't drink, never smoked, sedentary lifestyle (work at home) and suffer with anxiety and depression, and I'm on Propranolol 80mg slow release (they are a beta blocker) for my anxiety. Anyway, last week I've felt a little short of …

Last reply
  • Breath

I keep having what I can only describe as a reverse sigh a sharp intake of breath and anyone know reason

Last reply
  • I feel like I can't take a deep breath

I have been trying to figure this issue out for 3 years. It feels like I physically can't take a deep breath, all the time - 24/7, no matter what I am doing. This issue started when I turned 19, my sophomore year in college. I have had a chest x-ray, an EKG, an ECHO. I have had my hormones and …

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath

I have been having shortness of breath for 4 months now. I feel the need to take a deep breath once in a while but this does not always work. When this doesn't work I make myself burp and then try to take another deep breath.The overall feeling is uncomfortable. I am not overweight and I have …

Last reply
  • Possible Radium Exposure

I unknowingly open an old luminous clock that may have contained radium paint. I am worried that I may have breathed in possible radium dust that was present in the clock. I have been reading on the health effects of radium and I am freaked out!. I do not even know if I was exposed or even if the …

Posted
  • Pneumothorax & Pneumonia help please.

To cut a long story short my father, a fit and healthy 56 year old had a minor trip on his way back from holiday. He didn't think much of it and brushed it aside. However 3 weeks later he was admitted to hospital with breathing difficulties. It transpired he had broken a rib which had damaged …

Last reply
  • My grandmother has pneumonia

My grandmother (72) has been diagnosed with pneumonia, she will not go to the hospital even though her doctor has told her too, and an X-ray showed she has a dark spot in her lungs. Does anyone know what that is or what it means? She has severe pain under her ribs and in her back, and has stopped …

Last reply
  • How can i get rid of a cough ?

I had this cough for 2 weeks now and its not going away it started . after throwing up on Friday the 13th. i tired drinking tea water and some cough drops still nothing it often happens after i eat feels like a gag cough but does not hurt. 

Posted
  • Feeling high/ spaced out or lightheaded for a week after cold

I’m a 29 year old male, and have been feeling very off since my cold symptoms last week. My cold has since gone away except for congestion, but I feel like I smoked pot ( I don’t smoke pot btw) or I’m a little drunk or spaced out I guess. I went to the ER 3 different times because I have never …

Last reply
  • Chronic cough lasting 8 months. Looking for the cause.

I'm a 35 year old non-smoker and I've had a wet cough for 8 months. It started when I got a cold in October. All my other symptoms went away but the cough. I keep it at bay with a corticosteroid inhaler, but if I'm even an hour late in taking my inhaler, then I start coughing again. …

Posted
  • Chronic Cough - Very worried please help with some advise

Hello all, this is my first post here and I am very worried. If you can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. My wife, aged 32 active female nonsmoker had a cold with a very slight fever about 7 weeks ago. She got better in a few days but lost her voice for a day or two from which she …

Last reply
  • Strange sensation / tightness in chest and upper throat

I'm hoping for some help please..I have been feeling this strange sensation in the chest and lower throat. It's a sensation which I can only describe as a heavy feeling (no pain) and a tickling cough sensation in the chest. This then moves upwards to the lower throat area and makes it as …

Last reply
  • Breathing difficulties out of the blue since Sunday

Woke up Sunday morning to feeling slightly tight across my chest, with a sort of 'catch' in the back of my throat. I've had it before and put it down to having high blood pressure (which I do). At that time, I hadn't taken my meds for 2 days. So I took one and my breathing improved. …

Last reply
  • difficulty breathing at night-:(

For about 3 weeks now I have been experiencing difficulty sufficiently breathing, especially at night. It's a sensation that I can only describe as a feeling of not being able to get enough air in my lungs' or 'a tightness in my chest/airways. It's still apparent during the day but …

Last reply
  • Cold or something more? Off/on low grade fever, dry cough

I'm 38 years old, relatively healthy. This past Tuesday I started feeling unwell and dizzy. My temp is normally in the 97's, it was 99.4. Since then I've had an off/on low grade fever for almost 6 days. No other real symptoms aside from a dry cough and a slightly sore throat. I have …

Last reply
  • Chest/breast pain

Got suddenly sick Thursday and had projectile vomiting very suddenly and I leaned over fast at edge of sink trying to catch it and hold it til I could get to the trashcan and ultimately the toilet. But when it shot out and I leaned over I had the most God awful intense sharp pain between and …

Posted
  • Breathless in the shower

This is especially bad if I wash my hair. Today I felt like I might black out so got out carefully and lay down. I am 73 years old and have a number of health issues. This seems unrelated though! I have ringing in my ears and a headache which is strange as I do not usually get headaches. Can anyone …

Posted
  • Air hunger all the time!

Im going to try to make this short, august 2017 I had my first panic attack and everything went downhill from that point on. My anxiety has gotten much better but since that episode I have been left with this air hunger feeling that happens all day every minute of everyday. The only time I dont …

Last reply
  • Mystery URTI Infection? Withdrawals?

I had a chest infection back in may and was given oral anti-biotics, since then I've had on and off chest pain but in the last 2 weeks it has gotten significantly worse. I went to hospital with sharp stabbing pain under the ribs(lungs) and blurry visions as well as feeling very dizzy almost …

Posted
  • Cough for 7 weeks, soon taking 8 trips on a plane

I've had a cough for 7 weeks that hasn't got better with cough medications. I was advised by my GP 6 weeks ago not to take over the counter cough medications (cough syrup) as it increases the heart rate, due to my heart rate being 114 and me now on beta blockers. Advised me to take only …

Last reply
  • Breathing/throat problem

Hi guys, I’ve had some trouble for a while now, it started off as a feeling like I had mucus stuck in my throat and I’d need to clear it all the time, it became a bit of a habit clearing my throat all the time, but the feeling of mucus wouldn’t go away, then I started getting a feeling like a numb …

Last reply
  • What is this?

Ive been sick for some days, probably a cold. But I smoke maybe 4 sigs a day. Today after the whole night I coughed up this tar: https://pasteboard.co/HqalKyi.jpg Kinda a bit red and black. Also very orange like color. Can it be bronchitis? Or justmr being sick. It been going on for some days …

Last reply
  • Are all cough medicines the same?

I've had a cough for the last few weeks now and have passed it on to my other half.  Can someone tell me if all cough medicines are the same or are the likes of benalyn syrups better than asda's own? ... it's expensive being ill !

Posted
  • Night sweats and sore throat

Hi, I’ve had night sweats for the last 4 nights in a row which has coincided with me feeling fatigued at times and a very sore throat. Went to doctor and been on anti biotics since then and sore throat is subsiding a little bit but still lingers. Only thing I’m annoyed about is that the night …

Last reply
  • Chronic hives for a year and now persistent coughing attacks

My wife suffered with chronic hives for about a year without a clear diagnosis. At times she would suffer from allergic type reactions including throat closing and angiodema. Currently the hives have go e into remission but over the past 3 months she has suffered from a cough that now consists of …

Last reply
  • Excessive Yawning and Constant Need to Breathe Deep

For the past few days, I've been yawning a lot, much more than average (once every few minutes I feel the need). If I'm not yawning I'm breathing in as deep as I can to get similar "satisfaction". Often I cannot get the "satisfaction" from these and so the urge grows …

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath, back pains

Hi there. I’ve been feeling really sick for more than 7 months now. Started on nov 2017, had my urgent care visit on dec, did some tests (blood test, x-ray, ecg), all cleared. Didn’t give me any med and said it’s just viral. I insisted for med because pain is excruciating. So i was told to take …

Last reply
  • Cant take full breath

Hi there any help would be very appreciated!!! So for the past few months i have had some trouble breathing my family Dr. Had given me an inhaler and was unsuccessful. In total i have tried 4 the blue the orange the purple and the white powder one. None have given relief... I cant full my lungs …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.