Skip to content

Respiratory Symptoms and Disorders

Also known as Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Asbestos Lung Disease, Breathing Difficulties, Bronchiolitis, Bronchitis - Acute, Chest Infection, Common Cold, Cough, Croup, Cystic Fibrosis, Epiglottitis, Kartageners Syndrome, LRTI, Pneumonia, Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia, URTI

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

When to worry about a persistent cough

Dr Sarah Jarvis has written a feature: When to worry about a persistent cough. https://patient.info/health/cough-leaflet/features/when-to-worry-about-a-persistent-cough "Coughs lasting under three weeks are most commonly down to viral infections, but when should you seek medical help?"...

Posted
  • Sick with viral uri for five weeks

I've been sick for four and a half weeks now. It started with really phlegmy cough, body aches, fever, lack of appetite, upset stomach, and insomnia. The cough and fever have been gone for two and a half weeks but I'm still fatigued and restless. Sometimes I feel like I have a really mild cold....

Last reply
  • I feel like I can't take a deep breath

I have been trying to figure this issue out for 3 years. It feels like I physically can't take a deep breath, all the time - 24/7, no matter what I am doing. This issue started when I turned 19, my sophomore year in college. I have had a chest x-ray, an EKG, an ECHO. I have had my hormones and thyroid...

Last reply
  • Excessive Yawning and Constant Need to Breathe Deep

For the past few days, I've been yawning a lot, much more than average (once every few minutes I feel the need). If I'm not yawning I'm breathing in as deep as I can to get similar "satisfaction". Often I cannot get the "satisfaction" from these and so the urge grows and...

Last reply
  • Cough! Indoor Allergens caused by baseboard heating?

As the weather is starting to get chilly, has anyone developed a cough? I seem to have this dry cough that barely produces mucas if any. Lately it just seems like I have this urge to cough as the seasons are changing. I bought a house recently and I have old baseboard heaters. I can’t tell if it from...

Last reply
  • Breathing problems

I have been suffering with breathing problems since October 2017 and its not as bad as it was but its slow and weak breathing I had blood tests ecg and chest x-ray done all fine had a test for thyroid as well came back normal just wondering does anyone else experience this

Last reply
  • Chesty cough but wife has pneumonia

I was feeling a bit rough last week, turned into a bad cough and then my wife caught it, hers became worse and she is now in the local 'Acute Assessment Unit' with pneumonia ! If she got the bug from me do I have pneumonia ? if not why did hers develop into something so bad ? I feel lousy but...

Last reply
  • Sepsis and pneumonia 15 weeks on

Well it’s 15 weeks since I was rushed into hospital with sepsis and pneumonia. Spent 5 days in a side room due to infection. Has 9 lots of antibiotics since and still get a lot of pain from shoulder and chest has there’s still some infection in lung.  Just a waiting game for it to clear up I guess....

Posted
  • Clearing out old boxes - is there a danger of inhaling something nasty?

I’m having a clear out because I’ve had a lot of my old stuff boxed up for a long time, some of it for around 20 years. It’s a mixture of old books, toys, electronics and various other trinkets I’ve amassed over the years so I’m wondering if I should be aware of inhaling any dangerous particles (dust,...

Last reply
  • Persisten 2 month cough not going away HELP

I have been coughing for two months straight. It all started when I got sick 2 months ago. I had a sore throat and I was coughing and sick in general. My sickness went away but my cough stayed. I have no symptoms whatsoever. Just a cough. I have taken 2 courses of antibiotics. Did not help. Symbicort,...

Last reply
  • difficulty breathing...feels like tight band under breasts.

4yrs. never goes away. only pressure changes. torso feels like in a vice. i do have copd but ct's lungs ok. i have hiatal hernia. would that feel like its pushing into lungs? i am very short of breath...(this isnt from copd, its different) . also wondered if you can have gas that long. im 67f b/c...

Last reply
  • i have been dispressed to cough very much what i do?

hlo mam my cough is not stop why my chest and throat will heavy when cough will come and my breath will stop suddenly and rid will come when cough come then i drink some water then some feel relax and also when i am lying on the bed  in night it will come again and again not stop also vomit come...

Posted
  • Strange sensation / tightness in chest and upper throat

I'm hoping for some help please..I have been feeling this strange sensation in the chest and lower throat. It's a sensation which I can only describe as a heavy feeling (no pain) and a tickling cough sensation in the chest. This then moves upwards to the lower throat area and makes it as though...

Last reply
  • I've had acute bronchitis for over a month now, no improvement

Hey guys. I'm looking for some advice over this matter. I think the title explains everything. I've visited the doctor 3 times now, yet I've had little improvement. I've been using Salbutamol syrup, Theophylline Guaifenesin syrup, Diphenhydramine Syrup, Bromhexine tablets, Acetylcysteine,...

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath & air hunger

For the past 2 months I've experienced this new symptom which is dyspnea shortness of breath. I had numerous tests. Xray of the heart and lungs and came out normal. And then I has numerous blood tests & EKG. All normal. I've also seen a cardiologist and he performed a stress test & Echocardiogram....

Last reply
  • I get sick a lot, what should I do?

My name is Amelia and I am almost 17. When i was 11, I got double pneumonia and had to be hospitalized after the antibiotics I was prescribed failed to work. Ever since then, I get sick often. I have always been fairly healthy, I eat well, I’m a dancer, I get enough sleep,...

Last reply
  • X-ray showed lung consolidation. Very worried.

Hi, I have been a forum member for a while but it's the first time I am posting.  This year in winter I have constantly been having colds and infections. Ended up with what I thought was bronchitis in the end of February - had bad cough with lots of sputum. After 3 weeks I visited GP and got...

Posted
  • COPD. pneumonia. emphysema. Alzheimer's dementia mix

my 85 yr old father is in hospital yet again after infection and infection, he is treated with antibiotics and again he will get an infection this last few infections resulted in septice. ​i was called by the hospital today and rushed up.       Dad now has a lung infection on top of everything...

Posted
  • Ancestors contact

i was helping to clear out an area similar to a shed,with my son and we came across and old rope which we didn’t realise at the time was an asbestos rope.  We had to pull it out and there were a lot of airborne fibres. I am now very worried that we have been exposed to the asbestos and inhaled some...

Posted
  • Dermoid cyst

I took a ultra sound 2006 found a,size of grain salt Dermoid cyst. Never had Pain are cramp. Took a,MRI it grow 4. 3cm 2015, Dr. no need to worry not cancer. Never had no Pain, period stop 2010. Took another Utra Sound Mar. 2018 show 4.5cm. Dr. Going to take another MRI. Should I have surgery age 63.

Posted
  • I've been coughing and have cold for one week,what should i do?

I have a history of pnuemonia three months ago.My doctor gave me a medicine for one week then i feel ok.After that i back to my bad hobby i drunk to glass of bear and smoke just one hitts.But Last day i get a cold I've also coughing and now i feel weird my bad is cold after a second i feel hot again...

Posted
  • Breathing and Yawning

Im 18 yrs old, and I've been haviing these issues since august last year. First I thought it was one thing, doctor said I don't have that. I've now had a blood test which says im extremely vitamim d deficient. Anyway, since August ive been yawning excessively -even when not tired- as well...

Last reply
  • Feeling Short of Breath? What is wrong with me???

Okay, since last Thursday, I've felt a little off. Best way I can describe, sometimes my heart starts to beat a little faster, and it happens more so during the day, as I go to bed my hear rate drops down again, but sometimes I will wake up or jolt awake, which I've done for a long time. So I've...

Last reply
  • Short of breath? What is wrong with me???

Okay, since last Thursday, I've felt a little off. Best way I can describe, sometimes my heart starts to beat a little faster, and it happens more so during the day, as I go to bed my hear rate drops down again, but sometimes I will wake up or jolt awake, which I've done for a long time. So I've...

Last reply
  • Concerned.

I suffer with ashama ,fibromalgia, Depression.since February this year I have been poorly started with Laryngitis, then flu,chest infection. I had 3 courses antibiotics and 3 courses steroids. Still no better 7 wks later rattling g & wheezing like I smoke 200 fags a day which I have never smoked.Was...

Posted
  • Deep breathing, yawning and anxiety

I have the same issues. I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 15 and now I am 34. About 6 months ago they became huge. I was having 2 maybe 3 a day. The relief that i felt when they were over was like winning the lottery me. The doctor put me on meds for the attacks and they have...

Last reply
  • My 4 year old girl Please help

Hi, My 4.5 year old little girl ( previously very healthy, who never even had a chest infection) contracted bacterial tracheitus(hib, strep and staph) in conjunction with influenza A, par influenza and Adenovirus. She developed hiB pneumonia and by her 4th day on ventilator had developed ARDs. Doctors...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.