Skip to content
Ad

Respiratory Symptoms and Disorders

Also known as Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Asbestos Lung Disease, Breathing Difficulties, Bronchiolitis, Bronchitis - Acute, Chest Infection, Common Cold, Cough, Croup, Cystic Fibrosis, Epiglottitis, Kartageners Syndrome, LRTI, Pneumonia, Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia, URTI

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Strange sensation / tightness in chest and upper throat

I'm hoping for some help please..I have been feeling this strange sensation in the chest and lower throat. It's a sensation which I can only describe as a heavy feeling (no pain) and a tickling cough sensation in the chest. This then moves upwards to the lower throat area and makes it as though...

Last reply
  • Excessive Yawning and Constant Need to Breathe Deep

For the past few days, I've been yawning a lot, much more than average (once every few minutes I feel the need). If I'm not yawning I'm breathing in as deep as I can to get similar "satisfaction". Often I cannot get the "satisfaction" from these and so the urge grows and...

Last reply
  • Excessive Deep breath taking/yawing/sighing

I’ve been have the need to take a deep breath every 30 seconds or so for around a month. I don’t know what the cause is exactly and how to even figure it out as doctors apperently don’t know what’s truly happening here and I don’t want to take depression or anxiety meds since I don’t struggle from either...

Last reply
  • URTI and laryngospasm

:shock: Just had the most awful cold, which in 48 hours went to a suffocating cough, fever and feeling really ill, not like the usual cold thing. Started to cough like a machine gun, couldn't stop it and coughed all my air out. Next thing something in my throat snapped shut, and I couldn't...

Last reply
  • Momentary breathing difficulty

Hi All Hoping someone out there can put my mind at ease after what was quite a scary 20 seconds or so that I've just experienced. I had been asleep for about 30 minutes when I suddenly woke up not being able to breathe properly. It was as if something was blocking my throat or my throat had closed...

Last reply
  • Breathless after coughing

First just to say I am going to try and see my GP today but would welcome some thoughts. About a week ago I got my first cold in 15 years, Not flu imo but quite nasty with aches and pains and feeling wiped out. Now I am getting bouts of intense coughing. Sometimes it feels as if the air is gradually...

Last reply
  • Constant congestion on chest/throat, seem to have found cure

Hi all, I haven't posted in this category before so bear with me, as its not a chest infection, the closest category I could find, but rathermore constant congestion thats been bothering me for nearly five years and has got progressively worse over time. Some mornings, and indeed afternoons and...

Last reply
  • Frequent burping and farting.. :(

Went to a Cardiologist last week to have my chest and arm pain, excessive burping and farting. Done with the ecg, xray and treadmill stress test but went all normal and fine. So, his diagnose of all these symptoms I'm feeling right now is muscle spasms,costocronditis and gerd problems. Few hours...

Posted
  • I'VE HAD A COUGH FOR 2 YEARS

Hello, I have had a cough for about 2 years now and have been to the GP and hospital many a times but they  just give me some tablets that don't work or think i'm lying (one said it was a habit and basically told me I'm lying).  The cough is constant all day and most often i cough...

Last reply
  • Sick for 2 weeks

I been sick now for two weeeks and went to the hospital today and they could not find the pneumonia and they said it a upper respiratory infection and im getting different symptoms and im also high risk for pneumonia.wat should i do?

Posted
  • Stomach pain flare up and Fever monthly!

Every month now I get stomach pain flare ups that end up with a fever 100.7 I can't function for 2 days. Just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Do not think it is related. My blood work shows my platelets are very low and I'm going to be seeing a doctor for that don't know if that's...

Posted
  • Strange tickling feeling between chest and throat.

Hello.First of all I want to apologize for any grammar mistakes. So lets begin.I started getting this strange tickling feeling between my chest and throat about 5 months ago.This happens probably once a week and when this happens my breathing gets really hard.When I try to inhale I feel this tickling...

Last reply
  • The higher my oxygen level, the more breathless I feel?

My respiratory problems all started when I was put on Beta-Blockers and remained even though I have not taken any for over six months now. My belief is that they have damaged my autonomic nervous system. One of my symptoms I now get is breathlessness, a feeling as if my lungs are not working so I feel...

Posted
  • Constant need to take a deep breath or force a yawn

2 Days ago, I started having some weird "Breathing problem". I constantly "feel" the need to take a deep breath or force a yawn. When I take a deep breath, there's 2 kind of breath that might occur: a "not deep enough breath", but im not able to take it deeper or a "real...

Posted
  • Breathing difficulties

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone could give me some help.. i am 22 male. I have been suffering from breathing difficulties like shortness of breath and not being able to get a full breath and just feeling like i cant breath properly, aswell as chest discomfort and pains and many other symptoms for...

Last reply
  • A months worth of issues

Hi everyone, I'm a 22 year old male and I'm suffering from a couple issues, that are leaving me paranoid. At the end of August, I started with a scratchiness in the back of my throat. Unfortunately I had to go out the country for a week so there was no time to get it looked at. 2 days after...

Posted
  • Still have tightness in chest after pneumonia

I am recovering from bacterial pneumonia. I had to take two lots of antibiotics one was co amoxiclav and the other was amoxicillin plus prednisolone to see it off. The thing is my chest still feels tight, i have a really annoying cough, i get breathless when doing the any thing and i am so tired. My...

Last reply
  • Pneumonia and drug effects

Dr is treating my pneumonia with Augmentin 865 and Prednisone 60 mg. The pneumonia has improved slightly but low oxygen levels and wheezing continues. I'm on day 3 of drugs and now have upper stomach pain, pronounce shakiness and profuse hot flashes and sweating. What's going on with me!? Scared...

Last reply
  • chesty

13 weeks ago i had a bad chest infection and pneumonia i have been slowly recovering 6 weeksago my feet andlegs began to swell now i am waiting to go for a heart scan breathless all the time i am at theminute taking 40 breathes per minute am exhausted legs and feet really swollen blood pressure is raised...

Last reply
  • Pneumonia/weak immune system

Hi my name is Alexander im 19 and i was hospitalized this year during july or june and i was not feeling my self.i was coughing,coughing up yellow stuff,feeling weak,dizzy,and irregular heartbeats.can pneumonia cause irregular heart beat and weaken mu imune system.

Last reply
  • Mouth breathing

Hello! Just a few moments ago I read a post which says that mouth breathing from a young age can change your facial structure by quite a bit (weak jawline, neck and head tilted forward, nose changes etc.). I am 17 now (male), will be 18 in a few months and I was a mouth breather for as long as I can...

Posted
  • lorna 37853

I've had a cough for a very long time.  Various things can set it off e.g. using toothpaste, coffee etc etc. It can often just start with a tickle then go on and on.  I was told it was post nasal drip, and certainly I do feel as though catarrh is sticking to the sides of my upper throat....

Last reply
  • Word taste smell in the back of my throat

Since Last year I've had this feeling of something being stuck in my nose throat. I went to the doctor and they said it was heartburn. However today when ever I breathe, I get a weird taste slash smell in my nose and throat. It tastes smell like clove oil, the stuff dentists put in your teeth for...

Posted
  • False Dyspnea

I have what so many have discussed in this forum: go to-  This is strictly your esophagus (fibers) when attacked with too much acid reflux sending signals  to your brain that you're not breathing correctly.   I'd wake up in the middle of the night in a panic, would have to get...

Last reply
  • Trouble Breathing for 3 days

So about 4 days ago I went to help my cousin pick up bricks for his backyard. They were pretty heavy and at the end of helping I found that I couldn't breathe right. It felt like i wasn't able to take a full breath, so then I started having an panic attack (I have anxiety problems). I ended up...

Last reply
  • Advice for baby in swahili with difficulty breathing

Hello all, I need some advice for a very dear friend of mine who lives in Moshi, Tanzania. I taught English there at the beginning of the year and whilst teaching my class I held a baby so that his mother could learn. He had difficulty breathing when I was there, always sounded full of cold and congested....

Last reply
  • Mucus cough for over 12 months. Worried sick

Hi. Dont know if everyone still uses this sight. But im going out of my mind. Worried sick. Ive had a mucus cough bad for about 12 months maybe longer. I find it very hard to breathe when doing the smallest of things. Ie. Stairs etc. My heart rate beats so fast and hard. My muscles feel weak. Im worried...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.