Skip to content

Respiratory Symptoms and Disorders

Also known as Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Asbestos Lung Disease, Breathing Difficulties, Bronchiolitis, Bronchitis - Acute, Chest Infection, Common Cold, Cough, Croup, Cystic Fibrosis, Epiglottitis, Kartageners Syndrome, LRTI, Pneumonia, Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia, URTI

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

When to worry about a persistent cough

Dr Sarah Jarvis has written a feature: When to worry about a persistent cough. https://patient.info/health/cough-leaflet/features/when-to-worry-about-a-persistent-cough "Coughs lasting under three weeks are most commonly down to viral infections, but when should you seek medical help?"...

Posted
  • I feel like I can't take a deep breath

I have been trying to figure this issue out for 3 years. It feels like I physically can't take a deep breath, all the time - 24/7, no matter what I am doing. This issue started when I turned 19, my sophomore year in college. I have had a chest x-ray, an EKG, an ECHO. I have had my hormones and thyroid...

Last reply
  • I dont know what is wrong with me

Ok so it started on november 17th 2017 and i started getting a slight buldge pain on my left side (spleen, lung area) everytime i cough or laughed. It went like this for a few days but got progressively worse. Long story short, november 30th i was sent to the hospital because i couldnt breathe. They...

Posted
  • 11 year old with constant horrible cold symptoms

My daughter, age 11, has been stuck with horrible cold-like symptoms for about a year now. The main thing is that her nose is awfully congested and runny (if she leans back, you can see how filled and overflowing it is). She also has a minor wet cough, but that is much more manageable. By now we have...

Last reply
  • csw csw

Flu recovery time?

I'm 36, and this week I just had Flu for the first time in about 25 years.  It started 7 days ago, with a fever, aches, etc.  Most of the worst symptoms stopped after 2 days, and I've been out of bed and semi-functional since then, but after a few days of slight improvement, I feel...

Last reply
  • Am I making my partner sick?

My boyfriend and I have only been dating for a couple of months but we’ve begun to notice that every time we see each other, it’s almost guaranteed that he has flu like symptoms the next day (fever, aches, cold sweats, congestion) and these symptoms tend to clear up within 48 hours. But then we spend...

Posted
  • PPFE INFORMATION

After completion of my cancer treatment and now I am cancer free but due to chemotherapy , I am effected with side effects and I got PPFE and I am suffering this from a year and I am unable to stand and walk for a minute and even unable to do my basic activities.can some one suggest what should I do...

Posted
  • Pneumonia - outlook for my diabetic Grandad?

Hi all. 4 days ago my 66 year old grandad was admitted to hospital with suspected Pneumonia after he had fallen and laid on the floor all night and didn't want to wake my nan for help. She had been suffering from a bad cold/flu and he had then caught it too. He has been very overweight for a long...

Posted
  • Deep breathing, yawning and anxiety

I have the same issues. I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 15 and now I am 34. About 6 months ago they became huge. I was having 2 maybe 3 a day. The relief that i felt when they were over was like winning the lottery me. The doctor put me on meds for the attacks and they have...

Last reply
  • Continous Flu/Cold Symptoms

My daughter 12 myself and ex husband best friend and sister have all had continuous cold/flu symptoms since Sept 2014. We all been prescribed antibiotics antihistermenes inhalers etc by our own seperate GPs but we all have a continuous cough very bad mucus runny noses electric shock feelings and dizziness...

Last reply
  • Constant numb lungs

Ok so for about 5 days now I have been having this issue with my lungs/chest where I just cannot feel myself breathe no matter what I do, even when I'm not anxious in anyway or form my lungs have no feeling. I have been wondering if it's nerve damage of some sort or something now because I don't...

Last reply
  • Chest pain, during and after exercise, chest pain etc

Hi guys, I’m 17 and a male, and I have recently been having chest pain and difficulty breathing for the last several weeks. It began as I said, a few weeks ago, and was just mainly breathing difficulties, feeling as though I was going to suffocate if I didn’t take a deep breath, and would continue for...

Posted
  • Chronic Cough - Very worried please help with some advise

Hello all, this is my first post here and I am very worried. If you can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. My wife, aged 32 active female nonsmoker had a cold with a very slight fever about 7 weeks ago. She got better in a few days but lost her voice for a day or two from which she recovered...

Last reply
  • Strange sensation / tightness in chest and upper throat

I'm hoping for some help please..I have been feeling this strange sensation in the chest and lower throat. It's a sensation which I can only describe as a heavy feeling (no pain) and a tickling cough sensation in the chest. This then moves upwards to the lower throat area and makes it as though...

Last reply
  • consistent coughin

I had chemo in 2015 after a lumpectomy in my breast then had radiotherapy all was ok usual sickness from chemo etc. Got a bad cold 15th December with a cough, cold cleared up but cough didn't, got bad flu January ( Aussie flu) now February 10th still coughing after 4 antibiotics 2 courses of steroids...

Last reply
  • Common Cold Issues-Started out as Cough

Good Morning Everyone, The evening before last, I started to develop a cough that I though I was a dusty allergy. I had a tickle in my throat which would be relieved when I cough. Yesterday afternoon I felt like I was developing post -nasal drip. Other than feeling stuffed up, congestion, and a...

Last reply
  • Urge to breathe deep and shortness of breath. Please help.

My name is PARTHO DEY. I am 23 years old. I am a football player. Till june 7, I was totally fit and fine , and I still remember that I played football on that day with no issues. I use to play football  3-4 hours continuously and even did gymnasium but never had any breathing problems. But in...

Last reply
  • Chronic persistent cough since radiotherapy

Shortly after radiotherapy treatment in 2010 I developed a dry persistent cough along with hoarseness in the throat. Last year the cough was so severe I fractured two ribs. Chest x-rays are clear, lung function test normal, no symptoms of reflux, asthma or shortness of breath. Cough is worse when...

Last reply
  • Trouble breathing.

All of a sudden one night I started to have trouble breathing. When I would take a big breath you can clearly hear a raddeling followed by a wheezing. I was up all night coughing cause it's such a weird feeling it makes me have to cough. It's been like this for days now. I have no cold or fever...

Posted
  • can't get a deep breath for several days

My daughter occassionally has 2-3 days where she can't take a deep breath.   She feels like she not getting enough air when breathing and then tries to inhale and still can't get a good breath.  Its doesn't stop her from daily activities but is bothersome.   It started her...

Last reply
  • difficulty breathing at night-:(

For about 3 weeks now I have been experiencing difficulty sufficiently breathing, especially at night. It's a sensation that I can only describe as a feeling of not being able to get enough air in my lungs' or 'a tightness in my chest/airways. It's still apparent during the day but worsens...

Last reply
  • x-ray showed shadow on the lung

I want to the doctor 2 days ago told him I didn't hurting in my back and my side for a few months just got over the flu and lung infection they sent me for a chest x-ray which day said showed a shadow in the middle of my right lung I go tomorrow 4 an MRI, my father was having pain in his back and...

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath

Wow,  I found this forum and started reading about the same symptoms that I have had. Everything just started this past week when I woke up and couldn’t seem to catch my breath.   I could not go back to sleep. It’s very scary. After a couple of days I went to the doctors. They did an EKG, PFT,...

Last reply
  • Difficulty in breathing and instantly yawning

I started to notice after i began to smoke , i started to get this feeling of hungry for air and try to take longer breath than usual.. and i keep yawning every mins.. any doctors here that could give me some advice pls..it would be helpful.. is it a dangerous issue ? anyone else experiencing this difficulty...

Posted
  • Hey

IS this a discussion form?  I notice that it appears that noone response to questions. I would like to be able to discuss the side effects of having a lung disorder with others.  Do any of you known where I might find a group that can help.   Sincerely GiGi 

Posted
  • Cough lasting 5 weeks, I’m worried

Hi all I’m a little worried. For 5 weeks now I’ve had a bad chesty cough that brings up mucus (blood twice) and can make me vomit (and has made me vomit almost everyday for 2 weeks now due to constant coughing). It seems to get worse at night when I’m in bed and when I leave the house it gets very bad...

Last reply
  • Enlarged Lymph Nodes - New Here!

Hi. I'm 34 years old.. female. Yes, a smoker and officially trying to quit! I was in the ER last Saturday for a slight chest pain and pain in my neck. All of which were brushed off after the EKG came back perfectly fine and that was a relief. Then the chest xray came back and they saw something that...

Last reply
  • Worrying chest X-ray results

For the past few years I’ve had recurring chest infections. Only once have I felt really unwell. For the past year they have just meant I’ve got short of breath easily. I’ve been prescribed five days of prednisone each time and given asthma inhalers which worked.  I started getting short of breath...

Last reply
  • Smoking caught up with me?

Hi all, Was wondering if anyone could advise. Firstly, I'm a 27 year old female who is slightly overweight. I have smoked since around 13. For the past 3 weeks or so, I have had upper back pain (not muscular or skeletal), just a very uncomfortable ache which, recently actually woke me up. Also,...

Last reply
  • difficulty breathing...feels like tight band under breasts.

4yrs. never goes away. only pressure changes. torso feels like in a vice. i do have copd but ct's lungs ok. i have hiatal hernia. would that feel like its pushing into lungs? i am very short of breath...(this isnt from copd, its different) . also wondered if you can have gas that long. im 67f b/c...

Last reply
  • Difficulty breathing

Im 27 years old , been active all my life , didn’t have a sedentary life .So it all started like 3 years ago , I had very small difficulties breathing ( only sometimes , not all the time).At that time was smoking around 1 packet of cigarettes per day , I even quit smokin for a few months and It had no...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.