Shortness of breath / Dyspnea / Breathing problems / Sighing syndrome / Deep breaths

Posted , 2 users are following.

There have been a number of people on this site and on youtube with similar stories to mine. Relatively healthy adults who have developed a constant urge to take a deep breath usually at rest i.e. watching TV and your body is telling you to take these deep breaths. It gets to a point where you start to over breathe and can get into a very anxious state and then this cycle repeats.

I personally have had this for the last 18 months maybe longer. Some days are good, some days are horrible and I am not sure how exactly what depression feels like but it gets close to it as your body always puts you into this fight or flight mode. The feeling of not getting enough air for a short time is horrible enough but for a long period of time, it starts to get to your head and affect your life.

Like most people who have had these symptoms I have been to the doctor a number of times; ECG, blood work x3, Echo scan, chest X-ray x 2 , physical check-up, Respiratory doctor and now currently seeing a Respiratory physiotherapist who is teaching me breathing exercise to reduce my breathing but to be honest I don't think its actually working. Well actually I have adapted my life a lot and have started doing lots of breathing exercises, which help temporarily but then this comes back. Also, to mention I have tried anti-acid medicine for these symptoms and it doesn't help so acid reflux is not the issue.

Now the most important part... I am aware there is a lot of us who have this and there have been a lot of discussions I have seen people just disappear and not contactable anymore. I want to know are these people finding cures of some sort and don't bother connecting or what are they up to know with these symptoms?

I want people to share what they have done or what medical advice have they got to get this horrible thing at bay or even cured it.

I hope everyone is staying safe!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.