Aromatic compounds - inflammation of upper airways

Posted , 1 user is following.

I developed a condition early last year which results in inflammation of upper airways upon inhalation of aromatic compounds. The condition starts with burning sensation in the throat followed by migraine like headache and general feeling of unwell (flu like symptoms and weakness). The aromatic compounds could range between anything - deodorant, perfume, aftershave, room freshener, soap, shampoo, handwash, face cream, moisturiser and some strong chemicals. Doctors prescribed me variety of anti-histamines but it seems not solving the problem and therefore stopped. Finally I have made life style changes to stay away from anything that triggers the condition. Currently I am advised nasal irrigation and Dymista nasal spray which was giving me minor relief. However lately that does not seem to be working.

Can you please advise? I cannot bear the flu like symptoms all day which is affecting my work.

!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.