Recurrent chest infections-wondering why

Posted , 2 users are following.

i get recurrent chest infections . They mainly start off with a cold which then develops into a chest infection . It feels like one is about to start.

I had a chest x ray last year (clear) , then later a PET scan on my lungs which showed 3 harmless nodules which i'm assured is completely normal . (I was a heavy smoker until 2018 when i stopped ).

I developed an allergy to ammoxycilin last year so non penicillin antibiotics have to be used .

I hate them. Its at least a month of being ill with the infection every time and no idea why i get them so frequently /what i can do to reduce that

so far, ive not had one this year which is a record for me and im so grateful . I cant see the difference as to why id had 2/3 already by this point last year . It would help such a lot to know why.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

What about trying some alternative medicine e.g. Homeopathy? Years ago I suffered from chesty coughs, just one after the other. Someone I was working with suggested that I give it a try! To my amazement it worked, I did not suffer any chest infections for 3 or 4 years. Looking at the little white tablets, (they all look the same) and feeling the benefits was just wonderful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.