After Abdominal Myomectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 37 years of ago, and I had abdominal myomectomy two months ago. The inscision area is still slightly painful, also, I have had two monthly circles now that appear really heavy for the first two days, I hope it goes back to normal from next month. I also work as a CNA and will resume my lifting duties next week, let's see how it goes.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

same here. two periods since 7/29

the first august 28 and the second is September 15th

i still have pain in the location of gone fiberiod. the biggest one

told not try to conceive till 2 months but i am afraid of uterine rupture God Forbid.

will wait till late October and see

my period after the surgury is slightly different but not painful thank god. lasted 5 days max

• Posted

I am going to try taking in from next month, becaus I have heard from several sources/people that fibroids comes back after myomectomy. So my prayer is that I have kids asap and rest from fibroids issues. For now, I don't do coffee and red meat anymore, I try as much as I can to eat healthy and will add exercise to it too. 27 fibroids were taken out from me.

• Posted

I heard in a documentary somewhere that dairy could be the cause of fibroids.

• Posted

i wish you and all women trying to overcome this issue the best of luck... i am tired sometimes from all of this but i try to meditate and relax and be appreciative of modern science and the possibilities opened for us

i am hopeful

• Posted

i honestly don't know anymore

red meat or dairy but then we need them to function

i avoided red meat a lot i eat a lot veggies and lentils but i have to admit i feel i am weak

tried to eat sardins and fish... not a big fan

they say the food of the Mediterranean is the best... i am trying to eat that with lots of herbs like marjoram... they say it is good

• Posted

hello - try to remember your recovery is not a race but a marathon. i am 7 months post abdominal myomectomy, like you with a c section cut. 25-30 fibriods were removed. my periods post surgury have been very very heavy, borderline murderous, lots of clots.. this is normal. i believe that this is the body/uterus healing itself as so much fibriods were removed. i had two months of work, i am deputy housekeeping manager so for the first month i had assistance with my duties, lifting and carrying. its vital you get the help for the first month once you are back working. Trust me you will need the help! My advice is to listen to your body, give yourself a treat, get moving, do some walking, if you are an active person, try yoga and or pilates - your abdominal muscles need to rebuild its strength. this is what i am doing.

all the very best with your recovery, & feel free to ask any questions. x

• Posted

Thank you for your comment. I think I'm going to start going to the gym next week, even though I still feel slightly dizzy most times because my Red Blood Cells dropped and I didn't want a transfusion. Also, my CT Scan shows that there is mild blood in my stomach from the surgery. My hope is that the mild blood flushes out with my period.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.