after ablation

Posted , 3 users are following.

ablation on March 29 this year. For the past few months heart rate 106 for a few hours sometime. then back to 53 to 60.  blood pressure can also increase to like 170/104 temporarily   a few times a day. I can feel my pulse all over when it is fast.  Dr says it’s not going to kill me and said my blood pressure machine may be wrong.  I’m going to try to lose weight and see him in 6 months and maybe another ablation. If that don’t work he is talking avablation and pacemaker. Has anyone else had this problem and what has become of it. very scary and anxious at times

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Not to the extent that you're describing. Heart goes up around 90 in my sleep (when it's normally around 60). This usually coincides with my consuming  a couple of glasses of red wine. 

My Fitbit also shows that I occasionally have some inexplainable heart rate spikes during the day as well. But this seems to be settling down and happening less now that I'm 18 months post-ablation.

Just wondering if you are doing/consuming something that may be triggering these episodes? Good luck with it all.

• Posted

Hi Tennessee, had my ablation early June, mostly fine so far. The couple of high heart rates I have had since I am convinced are down to stomach, eating too late before bed, or too much wine.

I am fit and healthy generally, and weigh in at 75kgs. However I have found an intolerance to dairy products, and with a new non-dairy diet I have also reduced significantly the stomach induced palpitations I was suffering.

Maybe see a dietitian or nutritionist to ascertain if you have something in your diet that triggers these episodes.

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.