After ablation question, more below 👇🏻

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi!

This is for those who have had a successful ablation. How do you feel when your heart wants to go into svt but can't? How can you describe it? I had my procedure done last year in September and I had something strange and scary not too long ago. I was cooking and I wanted to grab something from the top shelf and my heart went out of rhythm. It was a few seconds, but I got so scared. This happened maybe 2-3 times after ablation, before I don't remember this happened.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Luckily for me my ablation for svt in 2014 was very successful and have suffered no relapse since. However, having read the above I am reminded of several occasions when I thought svt was going to start again. I started to feel tense and anxious around my upper chest area but no actual pain or disturbed rhythm. This lasted for roughly a minute and when I experienced it I always felt this was svt returning, but it never did and this tense feeling just subsided and went away. Lucky me!

• Posted

I had my ablation in 2016.. since then I occassionally have the extra beats that would signal it starting but it doesn't... makes me feel very anxious when it happens but I have never had a full episode since the ablation.

• Posted

I had my ablation in 2016.. since then I occassionally have the extra beats that would signal it starting but it doesn't... makes me feel very anxious when it happens but I have never had a full episode since the ablation.

• Posted

Thanks for the answers! For me it was like one after another skipped beats. It felt wonky.

• Posted

after my ablation in February, 2019 I have experienced lot of skip beats. It was frequent before, but now it seems less frequent.

• Posted

after ablation i had lots of ectopics and flutters, even short runs of SVT (seconds)

Eventually they just faded and I was much better!

Currently having some ectopics again but generally dont feel the "SVT starting"

as this is a ectopic followed by fast beats, which generally doesnt happen with ectopics.

Hope you feel better!

• Posted

My experiences post ablation have been much like those of your other respondents, Dominika. My health care people helped me by telling me that such stuff is normal and nearly always insignificant. I've recently been able to nearly completely ignore those obnoxious beats. I'm hoping you'll soon reach that point, too. Take care.

• Posted

Thanks! I'm having a hard time today. My period is due tomorrow and today I'm having lots of ectopics, and even had bigeminy or trigeminy. Every few beats were skipped beats. It's so scary, every time I feel them I'm afraid that my heart will not go back to normal rhythm. I'm still on 23.75mg metoprolol a day.

• Posted

my ablation was on Nov 2019 and doctor said it was successful although during the procedure on the last attempt to trigger the svt i felt it still came up. its been 3 months and my svt doesnt come back. i used to have it every 2 or 3 months and become more frequent like every 3 weeks. after ablation, i felt i became so easy to get tired and sometimes get shortness of breath too after activities. but the most unpleasant moment was when i felt my heart was beat unnormally like svt ws going to start but it didnt. and sometimes there are short pain in my heart for maybe 1 second only, like is was hit by something. there are days when i dont feel this symptom, but another days i can feel it several times a day. it was scary when it happened because i was scared the svt going to start again but it didnt. now i am on nebivolol medication, its for my slight hypertension and to slower my rapid heartbeat (more than 100 bpm when i dont take nebivolol). so i think we feel the same way and hope we can get better time after time

• Posted

To Liusi19696. The short sharp pain in your heart area is one which experienced pre and post ablation. I too thought it was something serious but apparently it is fairly common and connected to nerves in the chest. I has been described like a flash of lightning, there and gone. So in the absence of any other symptoms I suggest it's nothing to worry about, but I'm not a doctor. Regarding your strange feelings post ablation when you feel your heart may be going to go into svt again, this is also something I experienced but after about three months it wore off and now I appear to be free of svt. My ablation was in December 2014.

• Posted

thank you so much for sharing this geoff. i just had my ablation 3 weeks ago and i still feel my heart if you know what i mean? i feel the spot where the svt used to occur and now that you mention it may be nerves that makes sense. i havent had a svt episode since ablation but felt like i would a few times. i sometimes have a hard time taking deep breaths and at times i feel a dull very insignificant pain in my heart area.

i'm wondering if others felt this way? I also think i'm just hyper sensitive to my heart too so I feel/notice everything.

thanks for the responses and post!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.