After Angiography, heart bypass is recommended by doctors need second opinion

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently my dad went through Angiography due to chest pain complain and doctors have recomended heart bypass on ASAP basis, i just need an second opinion before proceding to such procedure. I have the Angiography footage with me and i can share if any expert can have a look and please help me in that, i shall be very thankfull to him. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is a patients group we are not experts. If his doctors say ASAP I'm sure that they know what they are doing.

Good luck with his procedure.

• Posted

I live in the UK and in May had an angiogram(which caused no pain or problems) and I was referred for bypass grafting.The angiogram will suggest either angioplasty (widening) or stents or bypass depending on how much of the coronary arteries are blocked. My coronary arteries were at 90% blocked on one side and 100% on the right side but luckily the left artery started to supply the right side. The body is capable of opening new arteies a bit like a stream can beome wider if the main river is blocked.

In short I had a quadruple bypass graft in Bristol on 2nd november and I am now recovering really well.(I admit at one stage I was frightened of dying  and the research on internet etc did not always reassure me, especially american web sites, but Bristol Heart Institute di an excellent job and I was out of hospital on the 7th day.Its now 7 weeks ago and I am driving anddoing well.

Inanswer to your question, sometimes it does not always need a second opinion but if you have a good doctor have faith and trust them to make the right choices.

i am not an expert but I am a RGN. I am 65 years old and still working but I am off sick for another 5 weeks at least but feeling good to be alive!!confused 

• Posted

If your cardiologist as said get it done ASAP and unless you have worries about how well qualified he is, I would take the drs recommendations. There is no point delaying if you end up dead leaving loved ones behind. 

I can understand you are anxious that is normal. I have had multiple open heart operations and the fear doesnt get easier but you have to trust the drs or you could be looking round for second, third and fourth opinion if you get that far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.