After Ankle surgery numbness and discomforts

Posted , 1 user is following.

On November 8th I just had ankle surgery to clean up scar tissue and fix torn ligaments and possibly a tendon. Apparently only needed the cleaning and tendon retightened if I was told correctly. When I feel the top of my foot near toes it feels like the sensation of novicane numbers. the sensation in toes is normal except for little tiny pricks every once in while. Is this numbers normal this long after surgery. I had a nerve block I guess during surgery which I know weared off after 24hrs. I just started having not really pain but lots of discomfort on outside of ankle where I believe the main incision is. it does feel itchy but also feels like it's stuck on the soft splint cast. which is weird feeling since I can't move it but it feels like somethings stuck. not sure if from dried blood or something. I guess lucky I'm only having these minor discomforts only needed to take pain meds right after nerve block wore off and another at night when gone to bed. has anyone else had these similar feeling with there surgery and with this splint cast on. I go for follow up the 17th to get off. and maybe a hard cast on next not sure yet.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.