After bunion op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm 4 weeks into my op I have been in no pain for since day 2 .walking better .I also want to drive coz it's driving me mad at home .I have friends and family that come and help everyday but it's not the same . Independents is what I need . But i have been told I can drive for 6 weeks . I'm sure I can . My question is . If I do drive will I be insured?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria,  so pleased that you have been virtually pain free.  I would think that your insurance would not cover you should you be involved in any sort of accident; is your car automatic or manual because i can honestly say that changing gear after 8 weeks for me was agony!  I would advise against driving and allow your foot to heal for the time advised.    You will get there!
  • Posted

Hi maria

i had both my feet done wasn't in any pain but waited 8 weeks for bones to heal 

was told by consultant only drive when I knew I could do an emergency stop

i only then went on short drives for couple weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.