After Cataract surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do you have to let the DVLA know that you have had cataract surgery even thought one's eyesight is better than it was previously?  What do others do when filling a renewal form, mine is due soon.

C

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I didn't realise the link would appear immediately.  Have a look at the DVLA's website.  

I hope this helps

• Posted

I just waited until the next Next Driver License Renewal to let the Licensing person know that I do not need glasses or contact lenses for distance any more after the cataract surgery, passed the required vision test, and the person took off those notations off the new Driver's License.

• Posted

Good to know. I was wondering about this myself.
  • Posted

Hi Lisa, I wore glasses for driving prior to my cataract surgery and eyesight improved to 20/20 vision. I phoned DVLA and yes i had to inform them that I did not have to wear glasses to drive. What i can remember on the form is just one section to fill in, quite easy to do really with no cost either.
    • Posted

Thank you, Rick, for this information on the DVLA. I don't need glasses for driving just for reading.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.