Skip to content
Ad

Cataract

Also known as Eye - Cataract

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Abbott Study Comparing Symfony IOL with Monofocal IOL

Part of the results of this study (and it's only a small number of people) states the percentage of patients wearing glasses after cataract surgery, comparing the Symfony IOL to a monofocal IOL: - 97% of those with the Symfony IOL need glasses none of the time to some of the time. - 85% of those...

Last reply
  • Cataract surgery after LASIK

This is an FYI for anyone who had Lasik vision correction and doesn't have their pre-Lasik records for cataract surgery purposes. My cataract surgeon said he didn't need my old records and he has no ORA machine or anything. He just put my measurements into an online calculator and now my vision...

Last reply
  • Cateract

I am having problems with my left eye , I had cateract on my left eye 7 years ago and it went very well, however I'm having a full blown panic attack, I cannot see anything but a wave of my hand right in front of me or the light coming through the window but cannot see inages, i have a dr appointment...

Last reply
  • Confused

I am scheduled for cataract surgery in two weeks.  My prescripton is -6 in both eyes.  The technician doing my eye exam said I am -7.  I am wondering if she could get an exact number based on the fact that the cataracts make things blurry.  Before the cataracs got this bad my glasses...

Last reply
  • problem after cataract surgery

i had cataract surgery in my right eye then a few weeks later i had a vitrectomy membrane peel in the same eye. at my final follow up on my cataract surgery i asked when i could expect my vision to clear up . the surgeon said" we didnt do the cataract surgery so you could see better" i then...

Last reply
  • Risk of Retina Detach after Cataract surgery, for Male, Age 40-50

Hi, im Male 46. I have psc cataract in both eyes , and I had cataract surgery done on my left eye last month. I am deferring surgery on my right eye as long as possible because of the risk of RD I heard. I would like to hear from people in this group , who has cataract surgery done in age 40-50 how...

Last reply
  • Cataract Surgery Incision and Post-Op Antibiotics/Steroids

Is the incision from cataract surgery visible after the operation? Where is it located, just above the iris? Does the cut/scar disappear as it heals over a few weeks/months? Regarding the post-op series of antibiotics and steroids, most take many drops per day for weeks after the surgery.  But...

Last reply
  • Eyesight Issues after Cataract Surgery

I had cataract surgery 1 week ago and the lens fitted corrected my astigmatism. On my follow up appointment 2 days post surgery I was told everything was as expected and my eye was now -1 instead of -5 prior to the surgery. I explained to the consultant that whilst everything was clearer (well it should...

Last reply
  • Looking for Feedback on Tecnis Symfony

For those of you that have the Tecnis Symfony lens or lenses, can you read your iPhone?  If so how far away and how clearly?  I'm 32 years old and had my right lens replaced with a monofocal lens two years ago.  My left eye has a cataract that has formed and I'm looking into the...

Last reply
  • Warning from Abbott Tecnis Symfony official brochure

For anyone considering a Tecnis Symfony lens vs. an aspheric monofocal lens, this is from the Abbott official brochure for the Symfony lens under "Warnings": "The TECNIS Symfony® IOL may cause a reduction in contrast sensitivity under certain conditions, compared to an aspheric monofocal...

Last reply
  • LRI post Cataract surgery.

Limbal Relaxing Incisions (LRI) are a refractive surgical procedure to correct minor astigmatism in the eye. Incisions are made at the opposite edges of the cornea, following the curve of the iris, causing a slight flattening in that direction. Dr says this will mostly cure my vision problems with over...

Last reply
  • Blurry patch after yag capsulotomy

Hi all Anyone out there had a YAG capsulotomy resulting in intermittent blurriness? The vision is certainly improved from pre-laser when the blurriness is less evident. If I look straight ahead with my eyes still the vision quickly becomes clear, however the second I move my eyes left or right,...

Last reply
  • Stinging in eye after cataract surgery

Just had cataract surgery in my second eye done and I am having stinging in that eye.  I am using Refresh tears drops along with the drops prescribed by the doc .  Has anyone had problems with stinging/burning sensaton in eye?  How long will it last?  What causes this?

Last reply
  • Posterior Sub Capsular Cataract

41 and diagnosed with posterior sub capsular cataract in both eyes.   I have one parent who had cataract surgery in the 40s. The vision in only the left eye is blurred.  The prescription can be altered to imrpove clarity but cannot be altered enough to be 20/20 but the haziness and shadow...

Last reply
  • Symfony IOL expectations

Hello I posted earlier on these forums regarding my prep for cataract surgery sometime later this year. I would just like to hear how people implanted with the Symfony IOL lens are holding up after their eyes have have healed abit and settled down. Im still having a very hard time deciding if Symfony...

Last reply
  • eyr still hurts 40 days after cataract surgery why ?

why does my eye still hurt 40 days after cataract surgery ? doctor says i an allergic top all the fye drops i have had to take so he told me to stop taiking any eye drops at all. still hurts and is wet all the time every day. what is it and has any body else had this reaction ?

Last reply
  • vjl vjl

Symfony lenses

Booked to have Symony lenses for my cataracts,any advice would be helpful,very unsure as so many negative results.

Last reply
  • Follow up to my "Walk in the park"

I should clarify my post, and am sure sorry if I caused anyone undue concern.  My procedure wasn't necessary. In fact, some insurances wouldn't have covered it. My doctor told me that the cataracts were so minimal I could go a number of years w/o surgery. He followed by saying that on the...

Last reply
  • Monocular Double Vision after cataract surgery

Anyone on here experienced double vision with just one eye after a cataract is removed ? Does it go away ? Is it a serious problem ? I had one cararact, in my right eye removed in 2014. I've just (8 days ago) had the other one, in the left, weaker, eye, removed. Vision is a little blurred but is...

Last reply
  • Laser adjustment after cataract surgery

The surgeon who did my cataract operation has agreed to a laser adjustment, for the astigmatism (cylinder = -0.5 or -0.75) and for the slight over correction (Sphere = +0.5 or +0.75). But I am not sure what target strength to request, particularly as both the cylinder and sphere will be adjusted)....

Last reply
  • decision on type of cataract lense.

I have severe astigmatism both eyes.   69 yrs/old.  my eye surgeon in Dallas has given me 3 lense options: 1. basic lens implant-- AcrySoft IQ IOL Monofocal Lens- free with medicare, my golfing buddy has this, says it is great 2.  Toric Monofocal-- im not a candidate, will correct distance...

Last reply
  • Cataracts/Glaucoma

Can prolonged cataracts lead to glaucoma? Or are they independent conditions? I've had worse cataracts in one eye for a while and have been prolonging surgery since my other eye is still good but was worried since my worse eye is getting pretty bad and was wondering if it could lead to other more...

Last reply
  • Can steroid or antibiotic drops lead to sore throat?

Have had a sore throat for 3 days. My cataract surgery on 1st eye was 4 weeks ago and I finished the steroid and antibiotic drops 1 week ago. Is it possible these drops can lead to a sore throat?  No signs of a cold (nose is clear). Anyone else experience this?  

Last reply
  • Can't see after cataract surgery

I had cataract surgery in my right eyes 3 weeks ago and my monofocal lense was set for distance. I was told before the surgery that I would possibly need to wear readers. Well I have noticed that immediately after the surgery and to this day, that I still can not see the regular print and small print...

Last reply
  • Over Corrected REDO surgery?

My eyes were over corrected from glasses( -5.0 R and -4.25 L; +2.25 for progressive, no astigmatism,) with a single +13.0 single vision standard technis abbott lens. (Seems strange to have same Rx lens despite never being same for past 50 years?)  Post op - I was over corrected as now I need a +.5...

Last reply
  • Cataract surgery isn't exactly a walk in the park.

I'm shocked by how many people have had rather devastating outcomes. Prior to my cataract surgery, I believed this procedure was all but risk free. Ever since LASIK came on the market and people were suddenly able to see without glasses/contact lenses after a procedure that took literally minutes,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.