Skip to content
Ad

Cataract

Also known as Eye - Cataract

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Ghosting Double Image

I had cataract surgery 4.5 weeks ago for my -8.5d left eye. A multifocal Oculentis Mplus X was implanted. Vision now is -2.75d with excellent near vision. I noticed when I look at any distant image that is either white or is reflective (metal pole) under sunny conditions, I see a mirror ghost-like...

Last reply
  • Bionic Lens - should we wait for this "transformative" lens?

The Bionic Lens is an intra-ocular lens, a group of lenses which are surgically inserted into a patient’s eye, usually after cataract removal, to restore sight.   Now patented world-wide, the Bionic Lens is designed to replace the eye’s natural lens, before cataract development, a refractive...

Last reply
  • Cataract Monofocal Lens - Six Month Follow Up

I thought I would report back and let you all know I had cataract surgery six months back and had a Alcon mono focal toric lens placed in both eyes.  After the first eye was set for distance, I was very concerned about losing all my near version.  My doctor set my second eye for distance but...

Last reply
  • Sinus Infection after Cataract Surgery

i wanted to share my story hoping it might help someone else. I had my second eye done and the next day my eye sight was amazing. By the third day I had absolutely no discomfort. I was so happy as I had had problems with my first eye. On the fourth day I showered and washed my hair being careful using...

Last reply
  • Advice on Computer/Reading Glasses post Cataract Surgery

I had cataract surgery on my right eye a year ago, and my left eye was done 4 months ago. My distance vision is excellent by I am struggling to get glasses for computer use. I am still using prescription reading glasses post my first surgery and they are fine, and off-the-shelf glasses for computer use...

Last reply
  • spider Webb effect, glare and eyes changed color

Had cataract surgery in August on both eyes. Seeing spider Webb effect, glare and eyes went from being dark brown since I was born 73 years ago to now being hazel color?? Had the Restor lens . So disappointed! Can someone help me understand ? Thank you 

Last reply
  • How accurate is ORA?

How accurate is ORA?  Is ORA accurate, including for astigmatism? When do they determine what power lens you need?

Last reply
  • Eye discomfort after cataract surgery

I had cataract surgery five days ago. On taking the dressing off the next day my vision was brilliant and no discomfort. On the morning of the third day (Saturday) it felt as if I had something in the outside corner of my eye and that the clarity of vision was somewhat less. As it didn't wear off...

Last reply
  • Blind Patches when Exercising

Today I rode my mountain bike the first time since cataract surgery 9 weeks ago. I have a multifocal IOL implanted in the left eye only. Today was 30 degrees celsius (87F) and sunny. I cycled 44 miles or 71Km. When I'm perspiring heavily and some salty perspiration gets into IOL eye, I stop to...

Last reply
  • Eyes changed color after cateract surgery

Had cataract surgery on both eyes in August . Just noticed last week and half that I no longer have brown eyes they are a pretty hazel color now ???what happened ! I had the Restor lens ! I will see my doctor oct. 23 again . Hope he can tell me . 

Last reply
  • Been seeing black spider Webb images after cateract surgery

Hi has anyone seen black spider Webb effect after cateract surgery? I seen them as the doctor did my left eye 8-23-17. Doctor says it’s normal etc. been using ketorolac drops . Had my right done 8-2-17. Now as of about last 2 weeks I see them over and at right side of my right eye 

Last reply
  • Monofocal IOL for NEAR: How far can you see?

Monofocal IOL for NEAR:  How far can you see?  Also what power glasses would you need for distance? Would you need a pair for intermediate distance too? If you go with distance monofocals, my doctor advised everything upto 6 feet would be blurry without glasses.  And would probably need...

Last reply
  • Im having a problem of glare vision after cataract any help?

My surgeon telling me still i have astignatism and to stop the problem of glae and light stars i have 2 options 1. Pihole contact lense which i dont like 2. Implant of pinhole iol inside the eye at the back of toric lens I need an urgent advice because Im in india again after 2 months of my cataract...

Last reply
  • Biometry difference to contact lens prescription

My glasses prescription is: R: -1.25D, -0.50D x 30°, L: -1.50D, -0.50D x 150°  (+2D reading) and given the low myopia my contact lens prescription has the same sphere figures. I had biometry without any cataract as I am being offered the choice of having IOLs at the same time as vitrectomys...

Last reply
  • Femto Laser

Is there anyone in this forum who lives on Long Island, Ny who has had Femto Laser Cataract surgery with a standard lens? 

Posted
  • Blurred vision months after cataract surgery

I am devastated. I had cataract surgery on 9/11/15, and around December I started to have blurred vision. It is now June 1, 2016, and it starts every time I look at my phone, computer, or even read a magazine. I got computer glasses, and they enlarge the words, but when I put my regular glasses on everything...

Last reply
  • Cataract Surgery Bad Headaches at Temple of eye

What Could be the Cause of Bad Headaches After Cataract Surgery? I am a 60 year female and just over two week ago I under went cataract surgery on my right eye. I have developed extremely bad headaches behind my eye and reaching out to my temple. It doesn’t seem to go away with normal pain...

Last reply
  • Causes of early onset cataracts ?

Hi everyone, I've joined this community because I'm rather frustrated at not being able to know the cause for my bilateral cataracts. I'm female, 22 years old, caucasian, eat very healthily, don't smoke, rarely drink ... I noticed my first cataract in my right eye when I was 8 and...

Last reply
  • Post op refractive lens exchange

I had refractive lens exchange surgery in June .my vision was good initially but over the last couple of weeks I have noticed my vision seems to be a bit cloudy . I'm concerned that my eyesight may be deteriorating if this is possible . What can the cause of the cloudy vision be 

Last reply
  • Multi + Mono

I have a multifocal in one eye. It's good in near vision. I haven't selected the IOL for the other eye. Has anyone tried multifocal in one eye and monofocal in the other eye? What is your experience?

Last reply
  • Cataract Lens choices

Hi, I'm about to undergo cataract surgery in about a month and pondering what lens to use.Would appreciate any suggestion for my situation. I'm 61 and has been nearsighted since youth. My eye prescription is as follows:  -6.0, -0.75, +2.5 -6.5,  DS,   +2.5 So I'm quite nearsighted...

Last reply
  • Eyesight Issues after Cataract Surgery

I had cataract surgery 1 week ago and the lens fitted corrected my astigmatism. On my follow up appointment 2 days post surgery I was told everything was as expected and my eye was now -1 instead of -5 prior to the surgery. I explained to the consultant that whilst everything was clearer (well it should...

Last reply
  • Bubble in the outer side inside the eye

it’s been 4 months after i had cataract surgery in my right eye. I noticed this morning that there seems like bump or bubble in my eyes. Does anyone experience this or this is another eye problem. Please can anyone help me?....

Last reply
  • Tonic lens IOL when I didn't have an astigmatis

I have recently had a multi focal IOL implanted in both eyes. As I had an astigmatism in my left eye I was given a toric lenses for both eyes. My left eye now sees well both near and far, but my right eye is blurry with a smudge across it, looking similar to having some eye goop on your eye that you...

Last reply
  • Blurry patch after yag capsulotomy

Hi all Anyone out there had a YAG capsulotomy resulting in intermittent blurriness? The vision is certainly improved from pre-laser when the blurriness is less evident. If I look straight ahead with my eyes still the vision quickly becomes clear, however the second I move my eyes left or right,...

Last reply
  • vjl vjl

Symfony lenses

Booked to have Symony lenses for my cataracts,any advice would be helpful,very unsure as so many negative results.

Last reply
  • My experience of the Symfony Toric lens

I have been short-sighted and astigmatic for most of my life. Finally cataracts meant an operation. Before the operation my myopia was -12.50 (right) and -11.00 (left), astigmatism -6 (right) and -4 (left). I agreed to have a Symphony Toric lens - ZXT375 - and this was inserted into my right eye four...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.