Skip to content

Cataract

Also known as Eye - Cataract

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Yag Laser Eye Treatment

My mother went to local NHS hospital for the above. As she elderly and is in a wheelchair and has restricted movenment she could not lean forward enough to reach the equipment. Do you know if this treatment can be done when the patient is lying down? If so any idea where in the North West of …

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Catarac lens selection

Recent eye exam to re-new prescription glasses, diagnosed with beginning cataract in left eye. Ophthalmologists scheduled surgery but I am faced with the dilemma whether to select the Custom Lens, at an additional cost, vs the Standard lens. Got the impression the Doctor incline to suggest the …

Last reply
  • Mini-monovision target?

Back on this site again after a detached retina repair (vitrectomy) derailed my plans for cataract surgery a couple of months back. Surgery was on the non-cataract eye, although that eye will now get cataract sooner due to the surgery. An unfortunate side effect, but I still have my vision so I' …

Last reply
  • Black rim at corner of eye after cataract surgury

I had my right eye operated for cataract a month ago, ever since I took the patch off the next day after the operation, there has been this  thin back rim at the far end corner of my eye. The doctor who operated me assured me the surgery went well and he saw nothing wrong, and if there is, …

Last reply
  • Cataract Surgery - How Soon can PCO Develop?

I had cataract surgery on my left eye about 4 weeks ago, with a Symfony extended depth lens implant.   Ever since, and with no improvement so far my vision is blurry, more so at some distances than others but in general overall, there is reduced contrast, and I have what I would …

Last reply
  • Restor 2.5D Review and Comments

First, thank you very much to Sue.An and everyone else on this forum for the extremely helpful insight during this very difficult process. I’m going to apologize, in advance, for the length of this post. I’m writing this because I had not found a single review of the newer, Restor 2.5D lenses …

Last reply
  • Piggyback lenses vs Lasik/Lasek/Smile

As I approach another vitrectomy after having one on each eye combined with IOL, I need to consider correcting my monofocal IOL outcome at the same time.    The initial target was a mildly myopic prescription to give some intermediate & arms length vision as I had with my natural …

Last reply
  • Yag Laser Eye Treatment

My mother went to local NHS hospital for the above. As she elderly and is in a wheelchair and has restricted movenment she could not lean forward enough to reach the equipment. Do you know if this treatment can be done when the patient is lying down? If so any idea where in the North West of …

Posted
  • Intraocular lens suggestions

I am 40 years old, and I found out last year that my worsening vision is due to cataracts. Everything is completely blurred with my left eye, but my right eye is still pretty good. I know soon enough I will have to have surgery. I have never needed glasses and would prefer to not need reading …

Last reply
  • Lasik enhancement evaluation after cataract surgery

Here’s my latest update.  Had cataract surgery right eye dec 2017 (restor multifocal toric ) and left eye (restor multifocal) one week later.  The first eye “power was off” so an iol exchange occurred in April 2018. I am a previous lasik patient.  Left eye was corrected to what dr …

Last reply
  • IOL power meaning please

My sister had two dense cataracts removed in May and July. The only information she has is a card to give her optician when she visits for prescription glasses for distance about 6 to 8 weeks after the July operation The first card is for the Right Eye. It says:: CT Asphina 409MP (which is a …

Last reply
  • Dense or a brunescent cataract

Does any forum members have dense or a brunescent cataract surgery or information regarding surgery on this condition. Successes, problems & outcomes would be appreciated.

Last reply
  • Good night vision with cataracts - anyone else?

I am 64 years old. In September 2016 the optician told me I had the beginnings of cataracts in both eyes, but at a very early stage. I was checked again in Sep. 2017 and there's little change. The strange thing is, that I can see perfectly with my presciption glasses outside at night, but …

Last reply
  • Prescription glasses make everything wavy pre-op

I am aged 64 and have been mildly shortsighted all my life. , In September 2016 I first noticed that I couldn't see very clearly in the far distance, unless I pushed my glasses further out on my nose. "Time to get a new prescription", I thought to myself. "Your eyes have improved& …

Last reply
  • Should I seek out addition cataract surgeon advice ??

I had cataract surgery in my left eye in April 2018.  I chose multifocal lens. It was not inserted correctly, and 6 wks later had to go back in for a correction.  Now all is well.  In late May I went in for cateract surgery on right eye, inserting multifocal lens.  I am seeing …

Last reply
  • choice of lenses after cataract surgery

My ophthalmologist has suggested that I get monovision lenses after cataract surgery (one eye with distance and the other one with mild nearsighted).  However, I am unsure about this.  If I choose distance for both eyes, what activities will I be able to do without glasses and what …

Last reply
  • Thankful firsts

It is so easy to dwell on the negatives of cataracts and things one misses - particularly if you experience them younger than you ever thought you would.   Although I am almost a year out from surgeries I still think about eyesight every day - perhaps it’s not something I will ever take for …

Last reply
  • Monofocal set for distance... what should be my expectations?

For people who have had cataract surgery with a standard monofocal IOL lens how drastic has your near vision acuity been reduced? I am fully aware that reading glasses is pretty much the guarantee when opting for monofocals that are set for distance... I think I’m okay with that if I go that route …

Last reply
  • astigmatism unchanged after toric lens inplant

No change in the amount of my astigmatism with toric lens after surgery cataract right eye 2 weeks post op. Cylinder continues to be -125 and  axis changed from 110 to 100 on eye glass prescription. It is like a regular lens to see far was placed rather then a toric lens which I paid for. …

Last reply
  • Any experience/info about the AcuFocus IC-8 IOL?

Seems like this IOL (which functions like the Kamra inlay) is getting great results in Europe and elsewhere and will hopefully be coming to the US in the next year or two.  Sounds like it could be as good of an option as the EDoFs but without all the nighttime issues of glare and halos like my …

Last reply
  • Flickering light after cataract surgery

I have seen a few discussions about this, but I was wondering...of those who saw this subside, how long did it take? Days, weeks, months? I have had surgery on both eyes, but only see the flickering in the left. It's been 4 weeks, and it is slightly better, but only slightly. Just wondering how …

Last reply
  • Reason for headaches post cataract surgery

I had cataract surgery last week and had a very bad bruise black eye and terrible pain above my eyebrow, my temples and down the back side of my head.  I went to my Neurologist today and found out why this happens.  It's called Trigeminal (Supraorbital) Neuralgia and it heals with …

Last reply
  • Contact lenses

Hello ive asked this before but would like to ask again,i didnt have cataracts but i did lose my lense in an accident years ago,so i have recently had a corneal transplant in the eye and my surgeon does not want to insert an artifical lense into the eye at least not anytime soon as she does not …

Last reply
  • Post cataract surgery

I have cataract surgery on my right eye for a year, but my eye goes red at night time and experiencing slight soreness in the corner of my eye where the tear duct canal. Has anyone encounter same problem 

Last reply
  • Bad floaters after Dropless cataract surgery.....

A week ago I had a cataract surgery in my left eye with a monofocal lens. The surgeon used the Dropless method which, as I understand, is an injection in the eye at the end of the surgery with an antibiotic and steroid. Since the surgery my vision is corrected to 20/20 in that eye but there are a …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.