Skip to content

Cataract

Also known as Eye - Cataract

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My surgery experience

I'm the one who wrote for info since I had (still have) the thin retinas, lattice degeneration and holes, astigmatism, and large eyeballs--a perfect storm of problems for any surgeon to face. My lens exchange was just this last Friday. While many others will disagree, I chose to have both eyes...

Last reply
  • Monovision cataract surgery - results?

If you’ve had cataract surgery with monovision and monofocal lenses, what were your results like?   **What diopters did each eye wind up at?  (if you know) **And when do you need to use glasses?  Smart phone – computer – small vs. large print  – driving?  Thank you.

Last reply
  • Acceptable Symfony result?

I had Symfony IOL's implanted 4 months ago.  In the marketing literature, they show people using their smartphones and lead a person to expect near vision results to match that. Numbers-wise they advertise 20/25 or better through 26 inches. In my one eye which was -6.0 with .-0.75 astigmatism...

Last reply
  • Restor 2.5D Review and Comments

First, thank you very much to Sue.An and everyone else on this forum for the extremely helpful insight during this very difficult process. I’m going to apologize, in advance, for the length of this post. I’m writing this because I had not found a single review of the newer, Restor 2.5D lenses online,...

Last reply
  • MSM eye drops

Has anyone else used MSM eye drops to get rid of squiggly worm looking eye floaters... not the tiny black dot ones. Mine look like crystal squiggly worms in different shapes and sizes! Wish I never heard of RESTOR lens ?? I didn’t ask for them was told they were the best by the doctor that did my cateract...

Last reply
  • Iol exchange after cataract surgery miscalculation

I’m a previous lasik patient.  (2001 corrected far vision). I had cataract surgery in right eye 12/23/2017  and left eye the following week. Immediately the right eye was a problem, and we continued on with second procedure because the dr said he knew what to do to correct the issue. I had...

Last reply
  • Crystal clear squiggly worm like eye floaters

For about 2 months I’ve been seeing crystal clear squiggly worm looking floaters moving across my vision. Had cateract surgery last August 2 and 23. Had Restor lens put in. Have been on this forum talking about other problems before. Got lots of good advice.also had a Chalazion removed today. Just wondering...

Last reply
  • Cataract Post-Surgery Results

I had cataract surgery on my right eye on 10/24/2017 with a Tecnics toric monofocal IOL, standard blade surgery no femtolaser. The vision in my right eye varied a lot for the first four weeks after surgery, some days rather blurry vision worse than 20/40 and a few days 20/25 or better. However the vision...

Last reply
  • Blurred vision and shadows after lens replacement

i had lens replacement surgery a week ago.  Before surgery my distance vision was very good but I couldn't read a thing without glasses. Since surgery I can read the smallest of print but can't see further than a couple of metres before everything goes out of focus. I also have a shadow...

Last reply
  • Been seeing black spider Webb images after cateract surgery

Hi has anyone seen black spider Webb effect after cateract surgery? I seen them as the doctor did my left eye 8-23-17. Doctor says it’s normal etc. been using ketorolac drops . Had my right done 8-2-17. Now as of about last 2 weeks I see them over and at right side of my right eye 

Last reply
  • Flickering light after cataract surgery

I have seen a few discussions about this, but I was wondering...of those who saw this subside, how long did it take? Days, weeks, months? I have had surgery on both eyes, but only see the flickering in the left. It's been 4 weeks, and it is slightly better, but only slightly. Just wondering how long...

Last reply
  • Double Vision after cataract surgery

I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes, left eye replaced lens with a toric to correct astigmatism, went well, next month the right eye replaced lens with a standard, then both eyes started to burn, doc advised to lubricate w/non-preservative artificial tears & I stopped steroids drops, then...

Last reply
  • just had cataract procedure

Cataracts typically form in ones forties but are not usually significant. Its not until ones sixties that they may begin to cause vision problems. But, with a history of eye complications, it was of no surprise that I began to form cataracts earlier than most. At the age of 56, with a large cataract...

Last reply
  • Blurry patch after yag capsulotomy

Hi all Anyone out there had a YAG capsulotomy resulting in intermittent blurriness? The vision is certainly improved from pre-laser when the blurriness is less evident. If I look straight ahead with my eyes still the vision quickly becomes clear, however the second I move my eyes left or right,...

Last reply
  • I had hoped to see betterbthan before

I am about 3 week’s post op on my 2nd eye ( monovision, same as my contacts had been).  I didn’t have cloudiness before surgery- they just could no longer correct me better than 20/40.  I did measure 20/32 at my 1 week post op visit but it seems to me I see no better than before the surgery....

Last reply
  • Blurred vision months after cataract surgery

I am devastated. I had cataract surgery on 9/11/15, and around December I started to have blurred vision. It is now June 1, 2016, and it starts every time I look at my phone, computer, or even read a magazine. I got computer glasses, and they enlarge the words, but when I put my regular glasses on everything...

Last reply
  • How long should vision continue to improve?

How long will vision continue to improve? At 1 day post op my far vision was 20/50, at 1 week 20/32.   I am 2 weeks post op now on 2nd eye and I hope it improves. I measured J2 for near but I noticed at night in the dark before I go to sleep I have trouble on my phone. I had a lot of floaters...

Last reply
  • 53 yo seeking guidance.

Hi. I'm 53 and recently diagnosed with a cataract in my right eye. The left lens is clear. I just stumbled into this forum which is a wealth of knowledge. I've got a follow-up appointment in a couple days, so I'm trying to quickly get up to speed on a few things. Current prescription:...

Last reply
  • Pilocarpine drops or Suture the pupil

I have larger than normal pupils (6-7 mm) in one eye. Because of this, my vision is not as sharp as it should be. For diagnostic and informative reasons, my doctor prescribed me low dose oral Pilocarpine 1%, twice a day to see if they would induce miosis (shrink/constrict the pupil). If it does, then...

Last reply
  • Catarac problems

Ok so I had catarac surgery both eyes in October 2017. Yag on both in January do to film on eyes. The stuff the yag broke off still floating in my vitreous and not going away. It's maddening because my eyes can focus. I have symphony lenses in both eyes. One for up close and one for distance. Met...

Last reply
  • Double vision after surgery almost 2 months .

I   need to ask some of you  do you having problem  when both  surgery cataract  done and fews week later and still bother when  you taking nap or  go to bed when woke up and your both eyes get double vision or like moving left or right  not even when woke...

Last reply
  • Over Corrected REDO surgery?

My eyes were over corrected from glasses( -5.0 R and -4.25 L; +2.25 for progressive, no astigmatism,) with a single +13.0 single vision standard technis abbott lens. (Seems strange to have same Rx lens despite never being same for past 50 years?)  Post op - I was over corrected as now I need a +.5...

Last reply
  • Close reading

I was wondering if anybody else has had the same problems with their reading close up without some kind of readers.  I had the right eye done about 6 weeks ago and my left eye about 3 weeks ago but my close up is still bad. 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.