New single vision distance glasses

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, several people asked if I would be able to see the dashboard clearly while wearing my new distance glasses. Just picked up the glasses today and I'm happy to report that the dashboard is very clear!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, that is not surprising. I expect this brings you to the same full correction that those with distance set IOLs get. Most do see the dash with distance set IOLs.

• Posted

My experience with distance only glasses is the same. Since they are only for wearing until after my cataract surgery so that I could stop wearing gas permeable contacts for the required months (this surgeon required 3 months, maybe because I'd worn hard contacts for over 50 years), I didn't want to get anything fancy. I see the dashboard fine, but my watch, written directions, etc., are a different story.

• Posted

Judith935855,

I am so glad. A great outcome. That would be a perfect outcome for me. What lens did you end up purchasing? And, I forgot the model of your Silhoutte, I would like to see them.

• Posted

I assume you have both your monofocal IOLs set to near? Do you still need readers to see very close objects like 2-3 inches away from your nose? Or how close can you still see clearly without readers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.