After effects of hysterectomy.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi guys..had my hysterectomy back in November,but since then I've no feeling in me bladder, I've been to physio and had a bladder test and waiting for next step.. only time I need to go to the loo is when me bladder is over full endive about a minute to get to the loo or I wet myself. other than that I have no feeling when to go and can go 12 hours without seeing even though I'm drinking loads.. has anyone else had that.x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I actually have the opposite effect, I had a large mass pressing on everything including my bladder so if it got to full especially in the night or morning it would just run out ant there was no way i could stop it.

I lived with a towel next to the bed and if i was quick enough could pop it between my legs to stop the trail of pee.

At work i was a member of the Tena family, but always had to keep a change of clothing.

Sitting couldn't empty m my bladder properly so i had a female pee bottle in the bathroom. Looking at it now i dont know why it didn't take me to the dr.

Suspected appendicitis did but that turned into a complete other story.

I have now got to retrain my bladder and go to the loo religiously every 2-3 hrs and no more accidents.

I'm only 2 weeks post op and was cut from belly button to pubic area to get the growths and everything else out, so am just starting to mobilize a little more and can get up from bed without crying with pain.

Which way was your op done?

Hope you get sorted out soon xx

• Posted

hiya..hope you are feeling a little better..I had a total hysterectomy but through keyhole surgery..said my womb was plastered against my bladder so I reckon they damaged some nerves.. maybe another op which is not wat i want..i hope you will improve and take it easy.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.