After Effects of Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (EGD)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I had an EGD for the first time today, and when it finished everything seemed to be fine except when I tried to take deep breaths I felt a pressure sensation bordering on painful in my chest. Now I'm still having that problem and it's been 12 hours since my procedure. This wasnt an after effect that I was prepared to encounter (like i was ready to have a sore throat and my throat feels fine) so to have this instead is causing me a great deal of stress. Certain body positions help some, but not entirely. wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this/if this is something i might need to go to a doctor/to the ER to get checked out. thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.