after effects when finished course

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i was given 400mg for a tooth abcess , i took them with food and although felt drowsey and didnt sleep much they did the job very well even cleared up my blepharitis in my eyes which i had been suffering with for over a year!!!.

my problem started the day i finished them , my tongue at the back is tingling and raised and my throat feels swollen , i went to my doctors and saw the nurse who told me these tablets take all the good bacteria out of you and that i should eat activia yogurts and stuff with live bacteria in them to put back the good bacteria , well 9 days on and nothing has really changed so i will go back to docs today and post again what ever new news i have x

i would be grateful if anyone else has had similar and can tell me what the did x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What you have is Oral Thrush, you need a medicine called [b:04c412981f]Nystatin[/b:04c412981f] smile
  • Posted

hiya i did go back yesterday oral thrush was ruled out by the nurse on the 1st visit , she did say that is usually was what followed these tablets , the doctor looked again in my mouth and said the body will heal itself ,that i should go back to my dentist , i said the tooth is fine its my tongue and throat and got the reply come back in 2 weeks if its still there and drink lots of probiotic drinks , i asked if i can take anything over the counter to relieve this horrible feeling and he said no, so i will wait and see x
  • Posted

I've felt absolutely horrendous too, I stopped taking them last week and feel HORRENDOUS - dizzy, sick, confused and still SO tired. Do let me know what your Doc says!

Thanks,

C

• Posted

hi

just back from our holiday which was ruined because i was given this flagyl all with in a 6 week period.

It was given post op for removal of wisdom tooth which was extracted in April 4 days later own dentist said it was infected which now I know was post op pain said that i was very unwell on first lot but anyhow he gave me it . Went on holiday and became very unwell but carried on until I gave in and went to pharmacy only to be told that they couldnt understand this being given twice.She said it has killed off all the natural bacteria and caused oral thrush she gave me a 7 day course of caps which I took came home Sunday ended up as emergency app yesterday and G.P confirms what chemist says.

I have never ever felt so ill on this drug and continue to do so and when I see Dental Hospital next week I will voice my opinion.

I think there should be a real warning issued with this drug and should perhaps only be allowed by hospital doctors but not dentists as they dont know your medical history I find this very dangerous indeed.

So far it has affected tummy,bowel and cant sleep because of the way I feel.

As suggested by staff abroad no use buying yogurt buy a good PROBIOTIC Caps

they are about £20 from good health stores and you only need them for 1 month.

Would really appreciate to hear what your doctors thoughts are on your problem.

I now have to supply stool sample as I am told it also causes problems in the bowel.

NEVER EVER WILL I BE ABLE TO HAVE THIS AGAIN AND I WOULDNT TAKE IT ANY WAY.

Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.