After h pylori. Internal burping after eating. Back discomfort when sitting.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey, new member here.

At the start of this year the doctor found h pylori in my stool sample. From there I was given triple therapy antibiotics as well as endoscopy, xray and ultrasound. All of which says that the h pylori has gone.

Since then, however, I have continued issues with upper stomach specifically internal burps and back discomfort which comes from not being able to let out a big belch. I have never been one to be able to expel big belches from my mouth and wondered if there could be a restriction somewhere in the stomach or related to LES/UES?

This pretty much coincides with eating and tends to happen minutes after eating. Sometimes when I try to burp it feels like my stomach is bubbling and the food is churning which is preventing the burp to move up further or out my mouth properly.

Its very difficult to describe this issue but I would be keen to know if anyone else suffers with this daily and if they can recommend anything to help?

Thanks

Summers1981

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also would add that I could a fullness feeling in my chest which relates to me needing to try and pass the internal burps.
  • Posted

Hi Summers ...I know how u feel . 3 months of ppi + domeperidone + Fixit it + duspataline retard....fixed the inability to burp. My burbs come out now with force (almost fizzy) making a very strange noise (hubby calls them Alien sounds smile  not on any meds now..

​when at times I am unable to burb I take the fizzy soda bicarb ....in 1 drink without pause..... this gets me burping again and gets rid of chest pains.

​I too was tested for H pylori and all heart and cardio vascular tests ..all negative. 

​was diagnosed with GERD after endoscopy.

​See a gastroenterologist 

• Posted

Thanks.

The problem I have is that I 'burp' all the time after eating but it never feels like it truly comes out my mouth (that might sound strange). It feels like my chest is filling up with air and I can some comfort when I move it in my chest.

I might add that I do not suffer from much chest pain or heartburn. The feeling of gas fullness in the chest, a gurgling stomach when trying to relieve gas and back pain that tends to be worse when sitting. When lying down the gas passes out the other end! 

• Posted

I had hpylori about 3 years ago and now I have constant burping and gas all day and night. My back hurts and can some please help me?
  • Posted

It seems like it's very common for people treated for H-pylori to develop GERD. I have been reading a lot about this and there is evidence that h-pylori actually protects you from GERD so once those of us are diagnosed and treated for it, it gets rid of that protection along with whatever other symptoms it gets rid of.  

Try some deep breathing, put one hand on your chest and one on your stomach and breath so that only your stomach moves. This usually helps me to move burps up and out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.