After haemorrhoidectomy, I still have haemorrhoids?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone , i just had haemorrhoidectomy few days ago. according to the doctor, she performed EUA, excision anal polyp and pedicle Haemorrhoidectomy for me. the op went well and i didnt feel pain at all when i woke up. i thought the surgery went pretty smoothly until i get home and checked the bottom with mirror. and i saw this "lump" thing still outside my anus. initially its not painful to touch, but after my 1st BM next morning, its painful like hell and i can feel it comes out bigger. im really upset because i thought after the surgery i will have a smooth bottom but turning out now im stuck with 2 pains: one is the wound from the operation, and the other pain from this lump.

sorry for the horrific photo but is any chance this is just the swelling ? i can feel it is like haemorrhoid tbh. it is so stressful. image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi Ellen,

you sound in a similar situation perhaps?

i am 7 days post Hemorrhoidectomy op & am concerned about acute swelling. The pain is starting to lessen. However i have a horrible marble like large lump protruding from my anus. Is this normal? Has anyone else had similar swelling & if so how long until it goes away. Very concerned something isn't right?

• Posted

I have the same too. I think they are banded internal hemmies and are dying and should fall off soon? I didn't used to have ones that lived outside before but are researching that's what I'm figuring. Should fall off within two weeks (hopefully lol).

Mal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.