After I began taking Plavix I feel as if I found myself in the claws of The Great Inquisition.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, Folks. A month ago I had second Myocardial infarction and  I got two stents implanted. I was prescribed Plavix to take for a year and I began taking it accordingly and after that I started feeling permanent awful  weakness and fatuigue, a dull pain in the chest, shortage of breath and lousy itching

Along with Plavix I take varfarin, omeoprosol, konkor, diuretics, aneapril... I'd been taking all aforementioned stuff for a long time before Plavix and never had I suffered such  disastrous side effects.  Is there anybody who   ever came across this situation and have some tips as to how to deal with it?  

Sorry, I forgot... I'm 81 years old woman, but I am...I was fond of fresh air and walking in the woods, therefore before op and Plavix I was very energetic and led quite an active life.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do a google search on Plavix (Clopidogrel) and Omeprazole and each of the other drugs for contra indications.

Omeprazole can lessen the effect of Plavix.

• Posted

Thanks, Derek, actually, I know about Omeprazole, but having some problems with my stomach I have to take it, that's why my doc prescribed me additional(to Plavix) warfarin. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.