Skip to content
Ad

Anticoagulants

Also known as Acenocoumarol, Antiplatelet Drugs, Apixaban, Aspirin to prevent blood clots, Clopidogrel, Dabigatran, Phenindione, Rivaroxaban, Warfarin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Apixaban to asprin

I was on apixaban for 6 months for a pe. I stopped taking them per my doctor in may. Im now on baby asprin and fish oil. Has anyone else gone from an anticoagulant to asprin for clotting reason. I dont have a blood clotting disorder from what im told but my mom gets blood clots and now my sister. So...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Trying to cope with blood thinners.

Hey guys I recently had PE. I am on Pradaxa indefinitely.  I have a history of clots in my family.  Iam s stocker at Walmart. My  Doctor put me on restrictions from anything that will potentially put me in danger of cutting myself.  Walmart offered me another position but there's...

Last reply
  • Weaning off Xarelto to aspirin?

Hello everyone, I've been on Xarelto going on for about 1 and 1/2 year, since May of  2014. I was placed on it for having a second case of PE's in the lung. I've had two cases of PE in total due to taking birth control. After running other blood tests, I don't seem...

Last reply
  • Warfarin after PE - can it be discontinued?

having had one dvt 12 years ago on an aircraft, nothing for seven years, then just after spinal,surgery bilateral PE I  was put on warfarin. No further incidences.  I do not like being on this drug, i have no energy and depressed.  I have tried the newer anticoagulents and had side effects,...

Last reply
  • Apixaban to asprin

I was on apixaban for 6 months for a pe. I stopped taking them per my doctor in may. Im now on baby asprin and fish oil. Has anyone else gone from an anticoagulant to asprin for clotting reason. I dont have a blood clotting disorder from what im told but my mom gets blood clots and now my sister. So...

Posted
  • Warfarin

Hi everyone im new to this group didnt even know there where such a thing so im happy to see there are. I am 35 and have been on warfarin for 17yrs now and ive never had any side effects while taking it. I just wanted to share a bit of my story. Sorry if i bored you all.

Last reply
  • Problems with bruising

i had 2 stents fitted 3 yrs ago! Since then the slightest touch on my arms/hands causes severe bruising or tears my skin. Any solutiins please? 

Last reply
  • Appointment with Consultant Haematologist

Dear All, On Thursday 16th August I had an appointment with a Consultant Haematologist. Here is a summary of my appointment: Apixaban is her preferred Anticoagulation medication. Therapeutic dose of 2.5 mg twice daily. There is less of a risk of an internal bleed than that posed by Rivaroxaban. Alcohol...

Last reply
  • Haemotogist changed me from Apixiban to Edoxaban

Hi, following a DVT in December I have been on 2 x 5mg Apixiban and they have been giving me a bad stomach, saw consultant at hospital today for a check and she has changed me to Edoxaban 60mg.  Does anyone else use this and if so have you had any side effects please. 

Posted
  • NOAC dosage

Hi Everyone This might be a silly question but I'm wondering why, for the new anticoagulants, there is no dosage adjustment to reflect an individual's height, weight and gender. Depending on body size blood volume can be anything between 3.5-7litres (or more). Having a standard dosage seems strange,...

Posted
  • Can Warfarin cause night sweats?

Hi Everyone Six years ago l had an aortic root and valve replacement surgery as result of a massive aneurysm (8.8cm), I now have a false root and a mechanical valve (St Jude Conduit).  Roughly soon(ish) after this, terrible night sweats appeared out of nowhere, I still have them every night, frequently...

Last reply
  • warfarin

I have just been on warfarin for 6 months for a left femoral dvt,during the prescribing phase no information was given to me,and I am shocked to find out myslef after having an episode were my vision went very weird with associated vomiting for 5 hours that warfarin is a neurotoxin and can in some cause...

Last reply
  • My husband was put on warfarin after a pulmonary embolis...

My husband was put on warfarin after a pulmonary embolism. Thought I was up on side effects, Found out I was not after he started to get swollen painfull knee and ankle joints, even some doctors dont know about this side effect. :shock: This message was automatically imported from the original Patient...

Last reply
  • Petechia

Hi all, looking for advice, I am female 65, had a small tia last year, was put on Clopidogrel until 10days ago when changed to low dose asprin, spoke to doctor and told also ok to take omega 3 supplements, I Bruise so so easily ever since beginning the Clopidogrel, but i understand it to be a side effect...

Last reply
  • Side effects

do the headaches and stomach discomfort go away after you have been on Coumadin awhile? What can be taken with the Coumadin to lessen these side affects.  Headache, cramping and heartburn.  Ugh!!! I'm in afib and am on 5mg each day 

Last reply
  • Antihistamines

Hi quick question , I'm currently taking apixaban and was wondering if I am ok to use antihistamines ? Anyone any idea ???

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia or PMR or Both????

Please please help....I've been ill for over a year and half...severe exhaustion, widespread pain that had now morphed into bilateral joint pain...knees, ankles, shoulders and horrible hand pain in the finger joints as well as wrists. All blood markers normal except ANA 160...definitive dx thus far...Fibromyalgia...

Posted
  • Stomach problems

Hi, have been on apixiban for 6 months now. I do have IBS and GERD but symptoms have changed in past few months.  Googling today and came across an article which said apixiban can cause stomach ache, constipation and gas all of which I am having on a daily basis. GP blames IBS but I keep...

Last reply
  • Increase in blood pressure with Warfarin

I'm 40yo male, reasonably healthy apart that I've had a DVT in my left arm at the end of January. This is my second DVT, after a similar one in May 2015. We tried Apixaban, but had to discontinue due to a mild reaction. So now on Warfarin for 2.5 months (and presumably for life). I take either...

Last reply
  • Difference between drugs

Hi, I was diagnosed with a clot in left calf last Friday, I had phlebitis that had crept up my thigh this was reason for scan. I was put on Rivaroxaban only took 3 and had the most awful dizziness, nearly passing out and nausea and stomach pains ended up calling 111 who sent ambulance really felt like...

Last reply
  • Dosage reduced today from 5mg to 2.5mg

Hi, after six months on 5mg twice a day have today been reduced to 2.5mg twice a day.  Is this likely to cause any problems or is it still enough to stop stroke and heart attacks etc. I know it won't stop clots but wondered if I would even notice. 

Last reply
  • Anticoagulants

I would like to here from people who decided not to take anticoagulants and why. Most of the forums I have read seem to say that anticoagulants are a must if you are female and 65. 

Last reply
  • Apixaban

dr has today told me that it was a mistake to put me on 2.5 twice daily,. i am now told the therpeutic dose is 5mg twice daily. i am very confused anyone comment on their dosage

Last reply
  • Can warfarin cause mood swings?

I've been on warfarin for just over a year after suffering a second DVT and seem to be suffering mood swings and getting irate at things that would not have bothered me before taking the warfarin. I had no problems of any sort the first time i took warfarin but this time had memory probs, head fog,...

Last reply
  • Rivaroxaban - muscle aches

I had been on warfarin for 16 years and since January 2017 I was switched to Rivaroxaban, about 4 weeks ago I have noticed extreme muscle aches, like my lower back, my right leg, I get out of bed and feels like I have been exercising all night...has anyone experienced this on Riva?  I am only 36...

Last reply
  • Apixaban

i have anxiety and depression and take warfarin.  Dr suggested trying apixaban but i have heard some people feel awful on it, even having suicidal thoughts.  Can anyone give me some experiences so I can make a decision  

Last reply
  • Joint Pain From Warfarin ?

I have been on Warfarin for 10 months and have shoulder pain that started for no reason. Has anyone experinced shoulder inflamation/tendonitis pains on movement from Warfarin?

Last reply
  • Anyone else feel much better coming off Apixaban?

It's only a few days and I have progressed from stopping Flecanide to stopping Apixaban.   Maybe its a bit early to say but I can really sense a difference coming off the Apixaban.     Have others experienced benefits coming off.     I'm sure my alertness is improved...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.