After recurrent dvt back on ACs, has anyone tried edoxaban before? All others give me terrible side

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope all is well with you.

I am 28 and recently had a recurrent dvt for which I am now on anticoagulants for life. Unfortunately all of them even apixaban which I'm on now make me feel really ill and give endless side effects.

I am seeing the haematologist next Tuesday and wondered if the last one I haven't tried edoxaban, is better than the others. Has anyone been on it? If so what's ur experience?

Thanks for any advice

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have tried it, I got pins and needles and tingling numb feelings. I wasn't on it for very long though so that may have cleared up after a while. Rivaroxaban was the worst for me and I didn't get on with apixaban either. I had the tinzaparin injections in the end they gave me the least side effects, but unfortunately you can't be on them longer than 6 months.

• Posted

tried them all and back to warfarin, less side effects for me

• Posted

Hi There

Sorry a your age you must join our club..but don't panic ...it gets easier once you accept the fact that you NEED the meds ..and even though many not yet have antidote ..My story after 8 yrs on that crap NO Side effects except at first I was given XARELTO which I HATED and believed was too strong for my little body... I truly believe it caused the large Hemotoma i (Blood clot ) n my mastecomy breast...we are still trying to know if dangerous to try and drain it...I asked the dr. to change me to ELIQUIS 2.5 mg i morning 1 night no side effects I hope the bleeding stops ...no way of telling had many tests Ultrasound but think we need a catscan.. or more $$$ a MRI..

Ask your dr to try you on 2,5mg of Eliquis (atrixaban ) IF you were taking a stronger dose could have been the problem depending on your size I believe...I am unfamiliar with the other drug

BEST of LUCK Sweetie we will win this rotten battle Do you have AFIB?

• Posted

Thanks so much for your helpful reply I need all the help I can get now. After the recurrent dvt last week I have been taking 10mg twice a day and it's too much to handle I can't cope.

However today I reduced it to 5mg twice and I feel a lot lighter. Although when I stopped them 3 months ago, I was on 2.5mg and that was still hard. I am really troubled by this issue and don't know what to do. Seeing the haematologist on Tuesday hoping he has a solution.

If u don't mind me asking did u have a recurrence?

• Posted

After many blood thinners, Warfarin still the best for me though I hate all the blood tests.

Anyone got an answer to new problem of A.Fib. Bit of a shock. Hospital a couple of times

but now trying deep breathing, cold water out of 'fridge, etc. Thanks.

• Posted

is the afib related to warfarin use , or just a coincidence

• Posted

I am sure there are healthier alternatives to the medication you take, health can either get worse over time, or better over time. The choice is yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.