Apixaban

Posted , 4 users are following.

when taking this tablet did anyone get increased chest pain and more breathing issues than any other blood thinning medication?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello my issues with this particular strength of this type of medication are muscle cramp mostly in legs, tiredness,and poor sleeping oh and a runny nose! no not a cold!. But worryingly I do pass blood occasionally and yes I have had all checks done on that. When discussing this with my GP I was told its that or stop the medication!.

Have you discussed the problem with your GP?.

• Posted

I am no longer on this medication, I changed to injections my chest pains and breathing got much better. I also had terrible anxiety which got much better on the injections. Luckily I have completed my course but if I need to go back on blood thinners in the future, I am a bit worried. Hopefully it won't be an issue.

• Posted

Let's hope it stays that way I initially injected myself with warfarin but had a second dvt elected to go onto tablets my mistake!. I have not been able to go back to warfarin as I was not offered that choice!! after requesting to do so.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.