Warfarin and Alcohol

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All. I am 45 year old male, i was diagonised with a blood clot in my right calf and put on rivoxaban, i was then diagonised with a partial clot in my groin area in my left leg, they changed my meds to warfarin and bridging injections to get my INR to 2.5 to 3.5. It was 3.8 so they stopped my bridging and told to continue on 8mg of warfarin, it took me 3 days to get 3.8. 4 days later my INR was 9 was had vitamon K and now back to square 1. I did have a drinks on the Saturday, myfirst in a while then my INR was 9 on the Tuesday, was this a contributing factor, i believe the doses were too high what they were giving me. Im now on 5mg a day with bridging and tests each day atm but its my wifes birthday and we are social drinkers, anyone had experience of such a high spike when drinking or do you think its down to high a daily dose.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.