After laparoscopy to have dermis cyst removed

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi

can anyone tell me how long it took them to recover from dermis cyst removal by laporoscopy, I had one removed but I don't no how long it takes to feel better or how long I should be off work for?

thanks

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That should say dermoid cyst
  • Posted

Hi Helen,

Sorry that I dont have any advise but I will follow the answers as I am on the waiting list and interested in knowing experiences.

Hope you are ok,

Lucy

• Posted

Hi Helen,

I've had this surgery twice. Both times I was back at work within a week (desk based job) and feeling recovered after 2 weeks.

It's quite an easy one to recover from. Just take it more gently the first few days.

• Posted

Hi Helen

I am currently in Hospital as I've had this procedure done this morning. I had a 7cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary. I was first on the morning list so my surgery was carried out from 8.30am.

It took around 2.5 hours to complete, they explained there was some complications and I later read through my medical notes that the cyst had ruptured upon removal, so they have put me on a weeks worth of antibiotics.

Pain wise I feel terrible. They done the surgery keyhole but it's so so painful. I'm making Oramorph every 2-3 hourly and I pretty much had to pled to stay overnight as couldn't face going home. I don't know how long it is going to take to heal, but the good thing is that I've had no shoulder pain from the gas they use during surgery, and my ovary was saved. How did you get on with your op and healing time?

Kind regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.