Posted , 3 users are following.
Thanks for help and time.
6-7 weeks ago I saw my PCP for severe fatigue, slight abdominal pain, abdominal discomfort and dark urine.
PCP did blood work which suggested high liver enzymes and referred me to GI promptly, the GI checked me out and got blood work and CT of abdominal done, now step by step from here :-
1. blood work showed drastically reduction in liver enzymes suggesting tyenol or alcohol night before the first test was the cause.
2. CT scan showed everything normal but suggesting highly infectious gall bladder.
3. GI asked for another blood work and ultrasound.
4. Blood work further improved and ultra sound was good.
5. GI now suggested liver biopsy and another blood work.
6. Blood work again showed improvement.
7. Got biopsy done (boy this was hurtful), GI mentioned biopsy results shows some abnormality but no specific was provided and now asked me to do another blood work, no alcohol (I am not even a alcoholic, just occasional kind of guy) and CT of chest.
CT of chest? gives me jitters why is GI asking for CT of chest? It has been 6 weeks of stress and still things are inconclusive and no treatment atleast for infaction has been started.
Meanwhile, during this period I had viral and severe cough, no medics were taken to about any liver complications. Changed lifestyle in terms of diet, fatigue is better but still don't feel 100%, urine is all good and so is abdominal pain.
Can any of you experienced gurus suggest what might be going on here and what is my GI upto ? time to take another opinion?
My PCP sucks hasn't even returned any of my calls or questions.
0 likes, 4 replies