After long period of time finally discovered low in Iron, now stopped meds and feel awful again

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI,

After many GP visits of feeling lightheaded, dizziness and tired finally tested for iron which came back low. Dr prescribed Iron tablets and after 10 weeks finally saw improvement. When i requested more tablets i spoke to a different GP who said i should retest levels and confirmed levels were acceptable. My meds supply finished thus i no longer take the meds.

Since last wednesday i started feeling week, lightheaded and tired again. On Monday i got my period, i always know i feel worse before and during cycle.

Any insight what i can do to feel normal again?

Anyone taking natural vitamins or iron supplements that help them keep storng.

Looking forwards hearing some insight for anyone.

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Go see another doctor, your periods could be causing your iron levels to drop substantially. While this isn't normal it does happen and needs to be addressed. I had to go on the mini pill to stop my periods which were causing my anemia, every month I used to feel awful and never knew why.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.