Skip to content
Ad

Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Iron Deficiency, Anaemia - Megaloblastic, Fanconi's Anaemia, Haemolytic Anaemia, Iron Deficiency Anaemia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• lloyd61 lloyd61

Alternative Vitamins

Hi there, I have suffered anaemia all my life, during my childhood, due to limited research it was always believed that anaemia was liked to low iron levels. So my mother tried building my iron levels with vitamins available at the time, during the 60s, but apparently I did not tolerate them very well,...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 6 year old iron low....

My 6 year old son has been ill for a few weeks now. He has been complaining of joint pain in the hips and knees. He is constantly tired and wants to sleep, very cranky and complaining of sore heads and feeling sick. The GP ran blood tests last week and his iron level is low (at 7 and the GP said it...

Last reply
  • Low iron anemia

While I am having some vision problems including slight double vision blurred vision shadows in my vision spots weak eye muscles my doctor discovered iron deficiency anemia. He checked for bleeding and none found. My diet is high in iron.. I eat meat at least two times daily. Any ideas of why this is...

Last reply
  • Low iron symptoms, normal hemoglobin??

Been feeling low iron symptoms for a few years, started taking iron supps in September last year even tho hgb was 12.5. Now my hgb is 13.9 but I feel worse and worse every month. After every period I always feel 5x worse than I did before. Cold, pale, easily bruised, pins & needles 24/7, headaches,...

Last reply
  • Alternative Vitamins

Hi there, I have suffered anaemia all my life, during my childhood, due to limited research it was always believed that anaemia was liked to low iron levels. So my mother tried building my iron levels with vitamins available at the time, during the 60s, but apparently I did not tolerate them very well,...

Posted
  • Advice needed

Hi all, I'm new here so please forgive me if this has been posted before! I've just been to see a GP in Germany (l'm studying abroad this year, usually in the UK) about my worries about low iron levels. I've been tested for anaemia before but only haemoglobin-wise, not for the levels...

Last reply
  • How to cure low iron

I have been having ALL symptoms of low iron for 3 years now. Gets worse after periods. Did a CBC four times in one year and all came back okay so I’ve been told even tho they never tell me the numbers. Before my first CBC my hb was 12.5. They keep dismissing it as anxiety even tho I have NOTHING to be...

Last reply
  • Anemic with RH- Blood

I thinking about going the IV iron infusion route. It's sad to say that just the stress of trying to feel better is using up iron too. Im taking double iron (25mg each) of Gentle Iron because of this blood type, iron drains me and makes me even sicker.  My GP doesn't have a clue about this...

Last reply
  • Spatone iron supplement.

Hi all so been on ferrous fumarate tablets for a week, bad cramping bloating and constipation for 5 days, anyway has anyone tried Spatone liquid iron supplement for low iron store?, anaemia, it says it causes no gut problems.

Last reply
  • Iron supplements, and gut issue's.

Hi so I've been on iron supplement for about a week, first two or three days ok, but now cramping and bloating and constipation soon I reckon, so I'm taking Lactulose, do you get used to Iron supplement overtime, had it some years back but don't remember it getting any easier.

Last reply
  • Ferritin drop drastically after iron infusion

I experienced ferritin drop drastically after iron infusion. My ferritin drop from 512 ug/L to 75 within 6 weeks after iron infusion. Iron deficiency symptoms appeared but my Hb was ok 12.4. Hematologist advised to go for 2nd iron infusion and continue to monitor. Anyone experience such huge drop of...

Posted
  • Iron

My iron level is 365.5 Total iron binding is 415 Transferrin saturation is 85 is it normal?

Last reply
  • Anaemia low iron store.

Hi just after some info, had a blood test and my iron store is low 138, does anyone know the normal range for a male adult?, is it something like 200 to 1000 ferritin store?. This is in the UK, is the measurement different in USA.

Last reply
  • Internal bleeding

Hi all.. Need your help please. I had a CS (third child) 4 months ago. 3 hours After the CS i had an internal bleeding from the RT Obturator artery and blood test showed: HGB 3.4 HCT 10.8 RBC 1.43 PLT 13.00 Just realy need to know how bad it realy was. I felt i was going to die...

Posted
  • Shortness of breath due to iron anaemia?

hello, about two months ago i got my blood test done which showed very low levels of haemoglobin and haemotocrit. I then got my serum iron test done too and i was diagnosed with iron deficiency anaemia. I started a regular ferrous sulphate supplement from a local company. Although some symptoms (such...

Last reply
  • Anemia

Hi Recently I found out I was anemic after visiting the dermatologist for hair loss. I’m 25, female. They said my ferratin was 5 and my iron was 6. I recently started IV at the doctors. I was just wondering if anyone else had lots of hair loss?  I started taking more supplements. Any suggestions? ...

Last reply
  • Low iron, no periods. Possible cause?

Hi there, I am a 26 year old female who has been feeling extremely tired over the last few months with symptoms of fatigue including dizziness, trouble concentrating and feeling out of breath. Approx. 2.5 years ago I had similar symptoms and my doctor did a blood test which found my ferritin levels to...

Last reply
  • frequent yawning

Hello everyone, Do Anybody have frequent yawning as a symptom of iron deficiency anemia? And if yes, did it get resolved after supplementation? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Anemia/Iron supplements???

If anyone can please offer any advice or a type of iron supplement that is more gentle on the stomach that I can tolerate I would greatly appreciate it I have had trouble taking ferrios sulfate 325 mg (sp) I cannot tolerate the infusions either have tried those

Last reply
  • Positive gluten test

Whilst my gp dismisses my symptoms and refuses to admit they are cause by low but normal blood results i have undergone a gluten intolerence test. This came back positive so in my opinion explains why i may have poor nutritional absorbtion. Does anybody on here also have coeliac disease/gluten intolerence?...

Posted
  • Gp won't refer me for iron infusion

My iron levels drop slowly as I've had a gastric bypass and can no longer absorb enough of it just from food. I'm meant to take supplements but without going into huge detail my long term mental illness means that I find it hard to care for myself and don't take them. Please don't give...

Last reply
  • Low ferritin and muscle aches

Hi At a recent blood test I found I have low ferritin level of 10 . The year before it was 11/12 but was told to supplement with food like red meat I am struggling to take the tablets as I also have gastritis . I have had both bowel and stomach checked for bleeding  They believe my low iron is...

Last reply
  • Low ferritin and muscle aches

Hi At a recent blood test I found I have low ferritin level of 10 . The year before it was 11/12 but was told to supplement with food like red meat I am struggling to take the tablets as I also have gastritis . I have had both bowel and stomach checked for bleeding  They believe my low iron is...

Last reply
  • Giving up

My doctors refuse to test my ferritin/iron levels, normal hgb and rbc but have every symptom of iron deficiency. I eat meat I eat the right foods every once in a while I have been taking ferrous sulphate for over a year now and feel worse every month after having a period. Doctors just put it down to...

Last reply
  • IRON infusion

Do you have to be anemic to get an iron infusion ? Or can you get it if your iron levels/ferritin is really low ?

Last reply
  • Blood Test - is my iron too low?

Hello everybody,  I am Australian, I wanted to state this as I know results can be calculated differently in other countries. I had a blood test recently to figure out why I am always so very tired and everything came back normal, although I was told that an iron supplement wouldn't hurt. I...

Last reply
  • Iron deficiency anaemia

I have recently become anaemic, I suffer from uterine polyps that have been 'quiet' for about 6 years ever since menopause, however about a week ago I started bleeding heavily, the past couple of days I am so tired, wobbly on my feet and look as white as a sheet, also heartrate is up a bit, anyone...

Last reply
  • Ferrous sulfate 325mg

Hello . I am anemic and was precribe ferrous sulfate 325mg 2 pills a day. I have notice since ive been taking iron pills that i have trapped gas really bad. My stomach rumbles day n night . I go to sleep with trapped gas and wake up the same. I also have pressure on my chest that comes and goes. Every...

Last reply
  • Normal test results , crazy symptoms

For over a year now i have been weak pale tired dizzy very minimal energy had no appetite short of breath etc. and everytime i have my period it gets worse. However ive gotten a CBC test 3 times in one year and they always come back normal. I think i am going crazy. 

Last reply
  • What is a good ferritin level?

Hi everyone! First I want to point out I'm in the US in case my numbers look different from others around this forum. I had a blood test done on August 5th which showed by ferritin level was 32. A month later another blood test showed my level had dropped to 16. 2 different doctors and both told...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.