Skip to content

Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Iron Deficiency, Anaemia - Megaloblastic, Fanconi's Anaemia, Haemolytic Anaemia, Iron Deficiency Anaemia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • iron deficiency anemia symptoms

I was diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia in August. My gynecologist believes it is due to heavy menstrual periods which I've been experiencing since May. (I have a pelvic ultrasound scheduled for tuesday). I have had the extreme tiredness in the past but as of late I have been getting dizzy, feeling...

Last reply
  • Anxiety, dizzy, lightheaded??

My ferritin is a 4 and it’s due to heavy periods. I am taking a supplement daily. It helps but then my period rolls back around and depleted again. It’s a vicious cycle!   About 2 weeks out of the month I have anxiety, insomnia, and dizzy!  Do any of you have issues with these things?!  Do...

Last reply
  • Iron Infusion Questions

My ferritin is at a 3. My iron is at 11. And apparently I am not anemic? To have Iron Deficiency Anemia, does ones iron need to be lower than 10? Ive been informed by a doctor that is is vital that I have an iron infusion because my ferritin is so low. I'm concerned that adding iron to my system...

Last reply
  • Infusion?

Hi, what form or suggestions for the best way to try iron infusions with the least side effects?  Any help would be appreciated!

Posted
  • Swaying feeling and tiredness

Hi Not sure if anyone can help . I have struggled with low iron for a few years . My ferritin was 11 and rose to 13 last time I was tested in Nov . I not really been taking my iron for a few months as had a stomach issue . I am also on anti depressants for health anxiety and not felt tired etc However ...

Last reply
  • Injectafer After Effects

I'm new to this forum, but I am not new to anemia or infusions. My hematologists tried regular ferritin infusions over a 2 year period - these did nothing for me. Then, last fall they mentioned Injectafer and their clinic even helped me get a price reduction through the manufacturer. So, after some...

Last reply
  • Damaged blood cells

Hi there people, so I suffer from extreme health anxiety and always worry something is wrong with me but I was at doctors couple of weeks ago for bloods and i got my results yesterday and the doc said I have damaged blood cells and it’s nothing to worry about and I’ve to go for more bloods. But was just...

Last reply
  • Low ferritin and b12 symptoms

I have had 6 loading b12 injections - now having iron supplements as ferritin is at 10. Symptoms: Achey legs and arms Muscle fatigue  Foggy head Burning in arms/ legs at times (Pins and needles at times)  Are these symptoms others have experienced? I was so worried about MS however neurological...

Last reply
  • Why am I loosing iron so fast??

I am a very healthy, active, 18 year old girl. My whole life I have had some stomach and anxiety problems and such but nothing too serious. Around 2 years ago when I was 16 I started to feel lethargic, tired, dizzy, sick, and breathless. I couldn’t understand this, so I wen to the doctor. They dismissed...

Last reply
  • Low ferritin and muscle aches

Hi At a recent blood test I found I have low ferritin level of 10 . The year before it was 11/12 but was told to supplement with food like red meat I am struggling to take the tablets as I also have gastritis . I have had both bowel and stomach checked for bleeding  They believe my low iron is...

Last reply
  • Can u diagnose my problem

I felt loss of appetite and was on poor diet for 10 days and went to a hospital after 10 days they made blood test and are giving iron supplements but i don't feel it right since now i am feeling alright no symtoms .  

Posted
  • Shortness of breath due to iron anaemia?

hello, about two months ago i got my blood test done which showed very low levels of haemoglobin and haemotocrit. I then got my serum iron test done too and i was diagnosed with iron deficiency anaemia. I started a regular ferrous sulphate supplement from a local company. Although some symptoms (such...

Last reply
  • Iron Infusions

Hiya! Wondered if anybody had any feedback as to what they have experienced when receiving iron infusions due to severe anaemia? Did you have side effects?

Last reply
  • Still nauseous after iron infusion, it’s been almost 8 days

Hi everyone.  I have constant nausea 8 days after an iron infusion. I had other symptoms on day 3 but they went away. Has anyone else experienced this and should I just ride it through the next couple of weeks? I’m too scared to do it again after feeling so unwell and having to continue working...

Last reply
  • Iron infusion

I have gotten 2 iron injections one week apart.  I feel so much better but have extreme pain in my gums and headaches.. anyone else?

Last reply
  • Iron infusion

I’m getting hot/cold episodes , fatigue, dizziness episodes 2 months after having iron infusion in hospital. Everyone here talks about initial side effects, what about two months out?

Last reply
  • Do you have short of breath with low ferritin?

Hi this is my first time posting. I seem to have all the symptoms of low ferritin. Waiting for my blood work to come back. My question is, does anyone else have shortness of breath and if so what does it feel like for you? Is it just shortness of breath when excreting yourself? I feel like my chest is...

Last reply
  • Am i anaemic ?

Been feeling like crap for over a week now, this flares up every month of so then goes away for a while Foggy head Palpitations all the time(these get worse when I lift something or even stand up ) Breathlessness Very tired Insomnia Always yawning Feel cold Dizziness on rising Ringing in ears I’m 51...

Last reply
  • Blood Work Results - Low Testosterone, MCV, MCH and high RDW

Background: I'm a 56 year old male, in good shape. I've been on injected testosterone treatment until a few months ago when a Physician I switched to suggested I get on trouches daily instead of a weekly injection. I had been on injections for 5 years. Area of Concern: After being on the trouches...

Posted
  • iron infusion

Thanks very much, Dr Deshan for your reply to my comment.  However, I do not see the whole comment.  

Posted
  • Low iron and anxiety/depression?

Hello, I would like to post a new question and ask if anyone has experienced increased anxiety and depression with low iron. I have had symptoms of low iron for years but my hemoglobin was always normal so never was anemic and didn't realize that you could be low in iron without being anemic. After...

Last reply
  • 14 yr old daughter sick.

Hi. My daughter has been sick for 6 weeks. She's pale, has great fatigue, dizziness, headaches, and her hair is falling out. Most her labs have been normal except her ferritin is 9.5. She also had a positive ANA so an autoimmune disease is possible. I was hoping iron would help her and be the problem....

Last reply
  • Severe fatigue and various blood results (ferritin, folate etc)

I have been ill for the last 10 months (severe fatigue, weakness, dizziness, brain fog, RLS etc). I had various tests done when I initially got ill and all came back normal so I was told it was probably Post Viral Fatigue and sent on my way. i pushed for most tests and just got the following. I have...

Last reply
  • What are reasons outside of diet for low iron? (Ferritin is 3)

What tests can I ask my doctor that would find the source of my low iron?   How did you find the source of your low iron? Hemoglobin 11.2 Iron 3 TIBC 85 Transferring Saturation 0.04 Going in for 5 infusions every other day beginning in 2 weeks. Long story short, my copper IUD was removed about...

Last reply
  • Low Ferritin Question

Hi Everyone, I am new here and wanted to see if anyone was on the same boat as me.  For years, I have had on and off again dizziness issues.  I was told I was slightly anemic and my numbers would get up and it would be fine.  However, I am having the off balance (dizziness issues) constantly,...

Last reply
  • Plummer-Vinson syndrome

Is anyone familiar with Plummer-Vinson syndrome? I had dysphasia (difficulty a swallowing) due to low iron levels - along with burning mouth, restless legs, heart palpitations, shortness of breath and so on. I'm wondering how long to take iron. Taken it for almost a year. Doctors don't seem...

Last reply
  • I am tired of being sick. are these results normal?

Hello I am a female 25 yrs old with constant fatigue, leg pain, foggy head, dizziness, sleepiness during the day. I got diagnosed with chronic gastritis couple of months ago. I am getting better from gastritis.  I got a CBC done 2 weeks ago. My Hemoglobin was 12.6 (has been lowering for the last...

Last reply
  • Low iron but not anemic

New here. My hematologist took blood work Feb 28. Called.last Tuesday said my hemaglobe was 11.6 and said I'm not anemic but my iron is really low. I never had any symptoms of low iron. But I did almost pass out this past Monday. I started taking 65 mg of otc iron pills like they said last Tuesday....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.