Skip to content
Ad

Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Iron Deficiency, Anaemia - Megaloblastic, Fanconi's Anaemia, Haemolytic Anaemia, Iron Deficiency Anaemia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Anemic with RH- Blood

I thinking about going the IV iron infusion route. It's sad to say that just the stress of trying to feel better is using up iron too. Im taking double iron (25mg each) of Gentle Iron because of this blood type, iron drains me and makes me even sicker.  My GP doesn't have a clue about this...

Last reply
  • Feeling awful but ferritin 20

Ive been feeling awful for about a month and a half now- extreme fatigue, sleepiness, wobbly arms and legs, dizzy moments, shakiness, headaches etc. Heamoglobin came back normal (don't know the figure just that doc wasn't worried by it), Ferritin 20 despite being on ferrous fumarate for nearly...

Last reply
  • Low iron, no periods. Possible cause?

Hi there, I am a 26 year old female who has been feeling extremely tired over the last few months with symptoms of fatigue including dizziness, trouble concentrating and feeling out of breath. Approx. 2.5 years ago I had similar symptoms and my doctor did a blood test which found my ferritin levels to...

Last reply
  • Ferritin levels

Just wondered at what ferritin level people started to feel better at? My ferrritin was 16 about 10 weeks ago. I've been on iron supplements since. I have started to feel a bit better, but just had another period and feel like gone backwards a bit :-( Not sue what my levels are now, need to ask the...

Last reply
  • csw csw

Anaemia / Light headedness

Back in January, I was anaemic with very low iron count (88) and ferritin (9).  I took iron tablets and my levels returned to normal after a few months.  Since then, I've had 3 different endoscopies and a CT scan, none of which found any cause for the anaemia, so my doctor said we should...

Last reply
  • Have all the symptoms but blood test is normal

I've been passing out and having every single symptom of IDA for about 2 years now on & off . I got a blood test in Sept 2016 it was perfect . Got one August 13th it was also perfect . No sign of anemia but it's weird because i have shortness of breath paleness weakness numbness lightheaded...

Last reply
  • Idk what to do

I had symptoms of iron deficiency since 2015 but doctors always put it off as anxiety until I fainted in school. In Sept 2016 I went to a private doctor & he said that I was anemic and told me to get a blood test (CBC) . He said everything was fine my hgb was 12.5 at the time . He prescribed me with...

Last reply
  • Ferrous Fumerate.

Hi, In June I had some blood tests done and it was found that I have low Ferritin (8) and low Folate (2.something). I have been prescribed Ferrous Fumerate 210mgs. I only take 1-2 a day due to my IBS and constipation and cramps. I also have Folic Acid 5mgs 1daily. I think recently my Gerd/LPR is back...

Last reply
  • Did being anaemic make me healthier

I had an accident in which I ruptured a blood vessel in my nose and lost lots of blood initially then continued to have bleeds and dropped my haemoglobin to 6.2 but did not receive a blood transfusion for around 4 weeks during which my resting heart rate was worryingly high, walking short distances would...

Posted
  • Low Ferritin after 5 months of iron

So I'm at loss for what to do. I have been taking Polly iron 150 2xday for about 5 months now. My HB has gone up and is normal. My ferritin however has only gone up from 5.5 to 7 in these 5 months. I'm still having anemia systems which I believe is because my farritin is still too low. My doctor...

Posted
  • Clot? Advice asap!

I have been anemic on and off for sometime just recently I started iron 65 mg again two days ago to be exact. Today I developed a lump in my arm the size of a pee it looks blue like a bulging vein my advice nurse said to wait till tomorrow unless I have circulatory problems develop or it gets worse which...

Last reply
  • Low in iron

My GP told me that my blood has low iron. I need to take a suppliment daily but i am not sure what is the cause of it. 

Last reply
  • anaemia treatment

I have been suffering from anaemia for a long time. i went to Hospital to meet  with doctor and She prescribed me  a multi-vitamin (30 pcs  Tab) and calcium 600 mg+vitamin D3 400 iu  i am  a bit worried about my anaemia and. is this medicine enough? Moderator comment: I have...

Posted
  • Does ferritin usually take this long to rise?

I found out I had iron deficiency anaemia 3 months ago. Which judging by the symptoms I have had it for around 8-10 years. I have been on Ferrous Sulphte for 3 months, 3 tablets a day. My ferritin level was 4 and after three months it is now 5. I am pleased that it's going in the right direction...

Last reply
  • Can someone help me

I am 19 yr old femal.I've recently had my CBC done and my results are Haemoglobin 12.4gm%(normal range 11-16) Monocytes 0% (normal range 2-8%) MCV 77.6fl (normal range 80-96) MCH 25.8 pg (normal range 27-33) Can i be having microcytic anaemia? And i am also suffering from polycystic ovarian disease......

Last reply
  • Heart palpatations

Ive been to a and e twice now with heart palps, shortness of breath, dizziness and pin n needles. My bloods test show low results for red blood cells, hemoglobin and hematocrit, the when i ask about anemia they say i'm fine and think i'm having a panic attack instead. Has anybody suffered similar...

Posted
  • Iron level 5.8mmol/l, how bad is it?

My blood test says iron level is 5.8mm/l, when the normal range is between 9-30. GP practically diagnosed me with hemochromatosis which is a polar opposite of anemia, wanted me to get tested for it. I refused saying it has to be iron deficiency anemia, to which he eventually agreed. Yet, he didn't...

Posted
  • Iron supplements and toxicity?

Hey everyone, I have a question to ask. If one iron tablet contains 67.5 mg of elemental iron, how many can you safely take a day and how many is considered too much to the point it becomes toxic? I am about 100 pounds. Thanks!

Posted
  • Hereditary Sphereocytosis, Opinions wanted please

OPINIONS PLEASE  I have tried and tried to reach a second opinion via pediatric haematologist but keep hitting road blocks as I am told the paediatric heamotolist team I see if the only one in our state. So no second opinion unless we travel. My daughter has hereditary sphereocytosis from me. We...

Last reply
  • Iron deficiency?

Hey everyone, I have a question to ask. If one iron tablet contains 67.5 mg of elemental iron, how many can you safely take a day and how many is considered too much to the point it becomes toxic? I am about 100 pounds. Thanks!

Posted
  • Is it safe for me to do intense exercise?

There's a possibility I may have to do a chester treadmill test next week which aims to push your heart to its absolute limit. My HB is currently 80, is it safe for me to attempt the test, other than my low HB im fit and healthy and have completed the test before (with a normal HB). Should I consult...

Last reply
  • Feeling pain

Strange pains all over my body...like zapps very bad headache continuous for a month and muscle aches. After my daughter was born 7 years ago I had problems on and off now with low iron. Is it normal to feel this way. And plus extreme tiredness the type where I have to sleep can't fight it ...and...

Last reply
  • How realistic is my goal?

By the end of the year I want to be at a normal haemoglobin of 120. It's currently at 80 due to nosebleeds but I'm determined to get my HB levels to rise back to normal. I'm fed up of doctors telling me that for normal people my levels are awful but for me 80 is good, I don't want 80...

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath due to iron anaemia?

hello, about two months ago i got my blood test done which showed very low levels of haemoglobin and haemotocrit. I then got my serum iron test done too and i was diagnosed with iron deficiency anaemia. I started a regular ferrous sulphate supplement from a local company. Although some symptoms (such...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.