Skip to content

Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Iron Deficiency, Anaemia - Megaloblastic, Fanconi's Anaemia, Haemolytic Anaemia, Iron Deficiency Anaemia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Iron supplement.

Hi all, just a thought on iron supplement, going back to October 2017 my ferritin level was getting low at 37 so my GP put me on iron supplement ferrous fumarate capsules at 4 capsules per day which play havoc with my guts, so after a week went back to see GP and got put on ferrous fumarate syrup which...

Posted
  • Protein Pump Inhibitors and Anemia.

60 now and have taken GERD meds since 1995.  Was diagnosed with Anemia in 2016. Looking back over more than 13 years I have become weak and tried to improve but this weakness I presumed was getting older. Finally diagnosed and Iron level was 4( should be at least 11.)  My doctor told me last...

Last reply
  • Do I need to speak to my GP?

Hi, Can anyone pls tell me if I should be doing anything /seeking help from my GP?  I was diagnosed with anaemia 3 yrs ago (haemoglobin was  8.2) tried iron tablets but couldn’t tolerate so have been doing nothing except trying to eat lots of iron rich foods. I’m still having regular blood...

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath due to iron anaemia?

hello, about two months ago i got my blood test done which showed very low levels of haemoglobin and haemotocrit. I then got my serum iron test done too and i was diagnosed with iron deficiency anaemia. I started a regular ferrous sulphate supplement from a local company. Although some symptoms (such...

Last reply
  • Need help interpreting my blood work results

I recently got blood work done and got my results. It seems I may be suffering from anemia. I am planning to take iron supplements but want to get a second opinion from other people. Is there anyone in this forum who can interpret my blood work results and give me some advice? I have the snapshots of...

Last reply
  • HELP!

My Feratin levels have dropped from Sept 2017 from 19 to Dec 2017 to 9!  BUT I am not anemic, what can the cause of my low Feratin be?  I also have a mal-absorption of the gut, been diagnosed with Crohns Desease and have a hiutius herna in the gut. I take B12 injections every 3 months and have...

Last reply
  • Ferinject

Hi all,   Just had my first infusion. The doctor ordered the maximum dosage, 1000 mg, and he wants to do it  every Wednesday for three  consecutive  weeks.   I got a headache on Friday and it has lasted through today, which is Saturday.   From what I read, that’s...

Last reply
  • Ferritin levels.

Hi. I have high red blood cell counts but very low ferritin (iron storage) my ferritin down to 15. I do have a blood disorder but this should not be happening. I can not take iron because it brings up hemo hemocrit etc. I have to bring red blood cells down. All doctors say oh take a chemo...

Last reply
  • Low Ferritin Question

Hi Everyone, I am new here and wanted to see if anyone was on the same boat as me.  For years, I have had on and off again dizziness issues.  I was told I was slightly anemic and my numbers would get up and it would be fine.  However, I am having the off balance (dizziness issues) constantly,...

Last reply
  • Shortness of Breath & Low Iron - Ferrous Sulphate

Hello first time positing, I am 22 years old and have been suffering with shortness of breath on and off for 4 months. After having anemia in my teenage years I was presenting all symptoms (pale skin,cold hands and feet, extreme fatigue) so asked the doctor for a blood test, my blood count was ok but...

Last reply
  • Iron - Blood Test Results

Hi I have just had a blood test as I haven't been feeling well lately, I have been having heart palpitations, dizzy, tired. I take iron tablets as I have had low iron in the past. Can anyone tell me if my iron is still low and if it could be the cause of my current symptoms. Iron 6 umol/L Reference...

Last reply
  • Anemia visual disturbance

Has anybody ever had any kind of anemia cause vision problems? I've been having a nightmare of vision issues and I saw a neuro ophthalmologist today that really believes it's due to whatever is causing me to be anemic, which is still unknown. I do have low iron (33) but the hematologist says...

Last reply
  • Folic acid for anemia

I have been having very heavy periods for extending amounts of time so my doctor ordered a blood test. A reception rung today saying they’ve review my blood test and I have a prescription waiting for me and to take 1 a day then go back in six months for a repeat blood test. I have been given folic acid?...

Last reply
  • Iron injections.

Hi all, can you help?, has anyone had iron injections?, and if so did they work and what's involved?, at the moment I am on iron supplement iron fumerate syrup but I'm only taking half the dose I should be because it plays havoc with my guts, side effects, I have IBS so it's a real problem,...

Last reply
  • Low ferritin levels and iron injections???

Hi all, I had a Drs appointment and he said my ferritin levels were low at 24... I thought 24 was in the normal range... Anyway he decided he wanted to do an iron injection right there and then. But by the time I got home I developed strange marks on my hands and fingers (gone now) and have just felt...

Last reply
  • 6 year old iron low....

My 6 year old son has been ill for a few weeks now. He has been complaining of joint pain in the hips and knees. He is constantly tired and wants to sleep, very cranky and complaining of sore heads and feeling sick. The GP ran blood tests last week and his iron level is low (at 7 and the GP said it...

Last reply
  • Symptoms I need with feedback

I was diagnosed with Being anemic a few weeks ago I have been getting B 12 (2500mcg) per shot also be B6 B5 shots every 3 to 4 days. It causes me to be nauseous I drink a lot of aloe water I take liquid iron.  But I am still tired all the time I’ve been getting bloody noses dripping blood that takes...

Last reply
  • no energy advice please

A few weeks ago my dr said i was low in ferritin so put me on iron liquid. Since then i have felt very unwell no appetite and extremely tired. Sore tongue lack of breath and dizzy. I have extremely heavy periods which i take mefanamic acid to make lighter it doesnt work properly. I am so tired i feel...

Last reply
  • Still nauseous after iron infusion, it’s been almost 8 days

Hi everyone.  I have constant nausea 8 days after an iron infusion. I had other symptoms on day 3 but they went away. Has anyone else experienced this and should I just ride it through the next couple of weeks? I’m too scared to do it again after feeling so unwell and having to continue working...

Last reply
  • Blood test results?!?

The following bloods were from 28th October 2017 Osetradiol level serum 140 pmol (150-1000) SHBG level serum 28nmol/l (35-100) FSH LEVEL SERUM 8.9 iu/l (0.39.9.0) LHL serum 6.0 iu/l ( 2.0-11.0) Androstenedione level serum 5.5 nmol/l (0.8-4.7) DHEAS level serum 7.4 umol/L (0.5-6.3) TSH level serum 3.2mu/l...

Last reply
  • Iron Infusions

Hiya! Wondered if anybody had any feedback as to what they have experienced when receiving iron infusions due to severe anaemia? Did you have side effects?

Last reply
  • Having ptoblem with iron deficiency anemia

Hello, Before 6 months i have done my blood test and got result with iron deficiency anemia. Then my gp suggested me to have ferricure 150mg for 6 months. During these months, due to some problems, i was littlebit careless with my diet and also got fast bowl movement problem. After 6 months, i have gone...

Last reply
  • blackout due to anemia?

so I passed out while walking outside and broke my finger, my gp thinks this is caused by anemia, but I'm worried as I also have suspected high blood pressure (waiting for 24 hr monitor) and a heart problem.

Last reply
  • mitral valve insufficeancy and anemia

high I had a blood test in October that showed my hb was 2 and was given liquid iron as I cant take the tablets, but have had another blood test recently and my hb is still only 5, I want to ask for an iron infusion but have never had one before, I'm worried due to my heart valve problem as I read...

Last reply
  • Vision

I've been experiencing some vision problems for the past 7 months and the only thing wrong my neurologist and doctors can find is iron deficiency anemia. I'm not losing blood from anywhere I've been checked a few times for it. But it's a weird coincidence that these vision problems have...

Last reply
  • SVT

Do any of suffer with SVT?  I have been on and off anaemic over the past couple of years and have been suffering with SVT.  It seems every time I have a bloodtest after an SVT attack my iron is low.  Wondered if anyone else found this?

Posted
  • Not sure where to start, need any advice please?

Hi all,  This is my first post here, I've been reading this site for a while yet need advice. I will try to keep this simple...  symptoms are; tingling calfs and feet, tongue is sore, roof of mouth sore, exhausted to the point I can't hold my hands up some days, anxiety attacks and...

Last reply
  • anemia and dementia?

After my wife's gastric bypass her ferritin levels have been on a steady increase. Over recent years at least over 500. Last year she had a major psychosis breakdown and lost touch with reality. I have thought perhaps small infarction's due to lack of oxygen to her brain. I could be wrong. Last...

Posted
  • Low Iron

Hi everyone!!  I have been feeling lightheaded and dizzy for the past 9 months. I have cold hands and feet, a fast heart rate and I am loosing some hair slightly. My doc testing my blood and my b12;  180-673  I was at 280  Ferritin; 5-272 I was at 18  But my doctor doesn’t...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.