Iron Deficiency

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. Ive recently been diagnosed with low iron and have been given supplements. Has anyone else tried these and what symtoms have you had with having low iron? Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,My Hubby is on Iron tablets as he suffers from low Iron.He gets very tired.Hes also had a stomach ulcer that was bleeding.He has to have another Blood test,in October.Regards Amandah
    • Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I do feel tried alot and sometimes unmotivated.  I am not sure how long I need to stay on this medication but I will check with my doctor.

Thanks,

Amanda.

• Posted

I've been on 325 mg of Ferrous Sulfate. It will not bring my levels up. My symptoms are dizziness, insomnia, fast heart rate when I climb stairs, weakness, hair loss, and constantly cold.

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.  I am on the same stuff but a lower doesage of just one tablet a day.  I am tired alot and do get cold easily.  However, yours sounds more serious than mine, I hope that you get it sorted and start to feel better soon.

Amanda.

• Posted

Hi, thank you for starting this thread. I've read that vitamin C in foods or supplements can help increase iron absorption. Possibly also beta-carotene in orange vegetables like carrots and some red and green vegetables, too. And maybe even something about combining onions and garlic with other foods may help increase iron absorption.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.