After looking on the net about Amlodipine besylate.

Posted , 4 users are following.

After looking on the net about Byslate with amlodipine,

shocked to see Besylate  is Benzenesulfonic Acid ,

Once used to produced Phenol in diluted form used as a Polymer Stripping agent ,

PAINT STIPPER ?? ,And i have been wondering about Petechia , No wonder i dont feel ok , With all these Generic Versions of Amlodipine lets hope they have the mixture right , begining to think with all the cutbacks in NHS  think they just might be taking few short cuts lol

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I don't know how I missed that, but it certainly is cause for concern!  I've been feeling "not okay" since I started taking the drug. Complained to the first prescriber who told me that couldn't happen, those weren't side effects of Amlodipine.  Guess he never read the second page.  Changed doctors and she, too, said the side effects I was reporting were too rare to affect me.  Uhmmmm.  But she did cut my dose in half.  I did my own experiments and found that some effects disappeared when I discontinued the drug.  Started taking calcium supplements after I read the mechanism of this drug and that it cuts calcium delivery to the muscles.  That helped a little--at least I'm mobile again.  

Time for a discussion with the doctor about changing my entire BP regimen.  This is just too ridiculous to ignore, and I'm too old to waste time feeling miserable.

• Posted

Hi USRider , had to laugh at you ,you sound just like me me to to old to feel Miserable , I to been reading  about calcium tabs, but just bit worried about calcium getting into blood stream , but i am up to magesium oxide to stop that,

I have had my Amlodipine stopped (by GP) no alternative so like you been trying find cures ,Now up to Potassium supposed to take 4,750 mg a day for normal person , but seems Water tabs deplete potassium , to which i  take, plus Simvastatin an other muscle wasting tab , then told to eat more oily fish ( or omega 3tabs) because HDL very low, because Omega 3 cleans your ateries,  Good luck US 

• Posted

Well, Anthony, I wish us both good luck!  LOL  

I'm on Losartan along with the amlodipine, so far more urination than I'd like.  FWIW, I've been boosting the calcium for months now and my recent blood test showed normal blood calcium.  That's really where I want it, in my blood to get into my muscles so they'll rebuild instead of stiffening and aching.  I already take a mega Omega 3 and eat lots of fish.  Can't say whether it helps because I've been doing that for a decade for my cholesterol (is there ANY part of us that doesn't just become a problem along the way to flat-out dying?).  My focus, since I already have plenty of osteoarthritis, thank you, is to keep the muscle aches and weakness to a minimum.  Now they come in waves instead of a consistent internal scream-fest.  

This aging thing is not for the weak!  LOL

• Posted

Do you know where I can find this information about amlodipine cutting calcium to the muscles? I am having agony with my hands and I wonder if this drug is doing it. I have pain in the heels of my palms and tingling and a numbness feeling in my finger tips at times. 
    • Posted

I googled "calcium channel blocker" and found information on how they work. I'm sorry I didn't save the link, but I'm sure you'll find it easily. Your problem is exactly why I really needed to understand the mechanism of the drug.

• Posted

All I have been able to find is information stating the ccb do not effect the skeletal muscles 
    • Posted

Hi us rider , i'm now up to Polysorbate 80 , E432.emusifier , all E nubers from E432 to E436 , If that stuff alows things to pass into blood brain barrier , it must first get into the blood , so what else is it passing into our systems , could it be Calsium into the ateries idea ,causing high blood pressure,As sherlock says the game is afoot lol

• Posted

Thanks, Anthony.

Naturally when I tried to find my original source, I couldn't find it.  Still looking.  LOL    I did find this, however:

General Pharmacology

"Currently approved CCBs bind to L-type calcium channels located on the vascular smooth muscle, cardiac myocytes, and cardiac nodal tissue (sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodes). These channels are responsible for regulating the influx of calcium into muscle cells, which in turn stimulates smooth muscle contraction and cardiac myocyte contraction. In cardiac nodal tissue, L-type calcium channels play an important role in pacemaker currents and in phase 0 of the action potentials. Therefore, by blocking calcium entry into the cell, CCBs cause vascular smooth muscle relaxation (vasodilation), decreased myocardial force generation (negative inotropy), decreased heart rate (negative chronotropy), and decreased conduction velocity within the heart (negative dromotropy), particularly at the atrioventricular node." 

At this point I'm having no side effects at all, possibly because I followed the Arthritis Foundation recommendation to use Meriva (curcumin) for inflammation.  HUGE difference.  I'm going to continue the calcium until I can schedule a bone density test. This is a real change for me as the past year has been riddled with pain and inflammation with no other identifiable cause but the addition of amlodipine to my Losartan for BP.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi US rider , took a bit of finding on net, Patient uk would not allow your link , i shall read up on it now , thank you
  • Posted

All medicines supplied in the U.K. undergo extensive and continuing checks before they can be sold to pharmacies to dispense so I wouldn't worry about the formulation.  If you want some assurance look up MHRA, our medicines regulator.  Considered the best in Europe which is why the European Medicines Agency is here.

• Posted

Hi Anthony. Can you tell me please if you think Rampiril could have the same products in them . From what I gather people they they are pretty much the same . I get anxious since being on the Rampiril Tired loss of interests in my hobbies brain fog memory issues . I'm wondering if Rampiril could be the cause . I was taking Amlodopine for 2 years and felt awful so I told my Dr he said it not Amlodopine and was reluctant to change my Medes . But after months of going back and forth to him he finally agreed . So I'm not sure he would agree to another change of meds . But I feel sure they are the cause of me feeling so awful . And I was wondering  perhaps they are all the same and pretty much got the same ingredients in . Thanks Sue 

• Posted

Hi sue , few years ago i was put on Ramipril , i was taking Fossinopril , but due to a production falt with fossys ,was given ramipril  and told they have the same ingredients in and they do the same job (oh no they don't) , It took nearly a year to convince GP to take me off Ramipril , It was only after having Alzimers test in the surgery that he GP said go back on Fossinopril thats how bad brain fog affected me It was like my body was shutting down,    Ramipril works in different way to Fossinopril,.. Good Luck Sue 

• Posted

Hi Sue , 

It seems that the reason i was taken off Fossinopril and given Ramipril for about a year , Was the original makers of Fossinopril had lost there Patient ,so that generic makers could make Fossinopril .

• Posted

Hi Sue i have just remembered (see what i mean still out there with the Fairys) It was low white blood count that was low affectid infections ,lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.