After My fall onto my toes I went to the hospital today

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I some of you may know I accidently fell on to my toes the on Tuesday, I got a severe pain from the tip of my toe up the arch of my foot.. Since then I had pain all along the tendon..I rangg the hospital yesterday and was told to come to an appointment today at the Orthopedic clinic. Embarrassment straight away when the doctor reconised me. Anyway he checked the foot and sent me for an X-ray.. After comparing the x Ray with the one the other day for what seemed forever he said, " no it's fine, what I have done is only minor.. I was relived not only does it show the importance of taking care, especially when not in your special shoe.. It's well worth getting it checked out if anything like that happens. He told me I did the correct thing in coming and to TAKE EVEN MOR CARE NOW and make sure I wear my shoe.. 

I am relived, but I can't help worrying what the minor thing is... But then again I am a Big worrier... 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was told that if you don't use the shoe always even to take one step you could cause micro damage at the screw sites. I suppose your micro wounds are now re knitting. I think from now on treat your feet like they are gold plated!

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear you fell. I'm always afraid I'm going to fall and hurt my toes while I'm healing. I'm glad everything turned out okay.

Lesson learned we all should stay in our boots

• Posted

HiSwampiesue, don't worry it will be tender as you had surgery so any fall will cause pain.  You said yourself the consultant took a long time comparing both X-rays therefore minor is just that!  All you have to do is wait 24 hours and as long as it settles down then it's probably alright.  follow your instincts, we undestimate how good we are at knowing when something is not right.  Let us know how things are in a day or so. smile 

• Posted

Pleased all is ok it does make you realise how easy it could be to undo all the good work done I've had all bandages off now only a dressing over remaining stitches,have to wear shoe for another 4 weeks and have been given exercises to commence which I've done little bits of today but one made my foot sore and had to get ice out again so will take it easy on that one im coming up to week 3 and doing well but last night I didn't elevate foot while at a friends house and by time I got home foot was swollen so it's right like you say follow up instructions are there to be followed and we do have to be careful, thankfully your ok it doesn't bare thinking about how it could have been x
    • Posted

Glad to hear you have had your bandages off, are you able to shower now? My foot has never gone down swelling wise, it just gets worse towards the end of the day. That was one of the things the Dr commented on, my foot looks like a fat sausage.. The bruising has gone now, and the scar is scaring up well. It's also really peeling. Towards the end of the evening my foot feels really tight.
  • Posted

So glad you went in to check. You did the right thing as the worry can drive you mad and the recovery is enough to deal with without additional worry. 

Take ke card and try not to worry.  Slow and steady is the recovery process and we just have to live with it for long term gain.

sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.