After Orlistat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone!  I've just started taking Orlistat and in the 2 weeks doing so, I've lost 2.5kg.  Super happy about that.

I was just wondering if anyone here has or knows someone that has reached their goal and is no longer taking Orlistat.  

Is it easy to maintain your goal weight? I've read a few horror posts about people gaining weight after stopping.  I've been eating quite well lately, even before I started the blue pill, and I'm mentally prepared to make it a lifestyle change instead of just a diet.

I'm just slightly worried about a rebound when I'm ready to come of the blue pills.

Btw,  this is one of the best forums.  Everyone is so helpful and supportive.  And that's what people need when overcoming an obstacle.

Thanks all!

razz

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, well done on your loss. I lost 3 1/2 stone on them in 6 months and the doctor wouldn't prescribe me anymore sad even though I have another stone to loose. He told me I should go it alone as these are just a helping hand!! 

I go up and down the same 1/2 stone! I am really good most days as I don't want to undo all the hard work but then other days I fall back into old habits and pick and eat naughty things!! 

I guess I do think more now before I eat now knowing the fat content in everything but I still love naughty things that will never change. But thin people eat naughty things now and again hey smile

Hope you do well on them Hun. 

• Posted

Hi fatfairy.  It must be so hard when you're so close!  Especially, when you rocked it so hard with the 3 1/2 stone.  Do you think you need to go back on Orlistat?

I hear ya on the "naughty" foods.  I'm a sucker for any kind of potato and as much as I try to stay away or try alternatives, I just can't.

Good luck on that last stone.  I'm sure you can do it.  After all you've already done more than 75% of the work.

• Posted

I don't actually want to go back on them as I know it's not something that is forever and I have to do it myself. I love cheese and kids sweets like skittles! I piss myself off when I have a blow out but try and get back on track again. I guess I'll be one of these women that are on a diet forever sad

I just don't want to pile it all back on as like you I've heard many do. 

• Posted

It's nice to hear that you're not just giving up.  Even though you have the off days, you're maintaining? Not a rebound.  That's great.  Keep going!  There are quite a few success stories on here, including yours.
  • Posted

Hello and welcome to the forum Aurynstar :-)

Congrats on your weight loss, thats great for just two weeks!

We have a member in the forum called Britney, she has gone from a size 24 to a 12! 

Britney has now come off Oristat, so you may wish to contact her for advice, she is extreamly helpful and has a blog about Oristat, with hints, tips and recipies.

Good luck and hope to see posts from you in the forum again :-)

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thanks Daisy!  I have seen some of Britney's posts, but I didn't realise she's had such an incredible change.  I'll hit her up for info and advice.cheesygrin
    • Posted

Yep!...our Britney is a star, she has given me such inspiration, she is *always* happy to advise and help newbies to Oristat :-)

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.