After Pneumothorax tube insertion

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello i had a tube insertion 2 weeks ago due to primary spontaneous Pneumothorax and my right lung recovered well after the tube insertion, but unfortunately i have a pain on my back that rises to my chest and makes it harder to be to breath and then i cough, that happens every time i kneel down or pick something up from the ground in addition to that i also hear like popping sound on my middle chest thats keep popping, i would love to know if this is normal after the tube insertion or i should be worried.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  Is your tube still inserted?  I am going to assume that it has been removed and your pneumothorax was resolved.

I had this happen 3 times now.  Each time, when my lung re-collapsed, I began having a popping noise in my chest that I noticed every time I laid down.  When I would bend over I would feel a bubbling feeling in my chest.   This was my experience, and you might be experiencing something completely different.  I would recommend contacting your primary physician or your pulmonary physician and explain your symptoms and ask them to order a chest X-ray to see if there is another pneumothorax.  It will give you piece of mind if nothing else.

• Posted

My chest tube is out and yes I think I’m having the same problem that had, so what did u do to solve this problem ? 
    • Posted

My last pneumothorax was the beginning of March.  I was admitted to the hospital.  In the ER the put a chest tube in to keep the pneumothorax from getting any worse until they could get me in for surgery.  Two days later I had a VATS procedure with pleurodesis.  They used a talc solution to adhere my lung to my chest wall and keep it from collapsing again.  So far it has been successful.  It was a very painful procedure, but then again a pneumothorax is very painful also.  I am still in a bit of pain in my right lung where they ‘glued’ it to the chest wall.  From the research I have done, It seems that this is normal.  I have had several follow up X-rays and they all are good.  They were not able to get biopsies from my lung, due to intubation issues, so I do not know the exact cause of mine.  They were thinking that it might be from endometriosis, as I had it really Bad when I was younger.  It only got better because I had a hysterectomy after my daughter was born.  They left 1 ovary.

I hope this helps.  If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.

• Posted

Tbh I just want to know if I should be worried about the popping sound and the pain, knowing that I didn’t glue my lungs yet they said that I will do the glue surgery in 2 months, btw do u recommend the glue surgey ?
    • Posted

IMO, yes, you should be concerned about the popping and the pain.  

Yes, if you want to stop having pneumothorax, the VATS procedure with talc is what needs to be done.

• Posted

How to solve it then the popping  and the pain problem, I mean what did u do to solve it 
    • Posted

There isn’t anything YOU can do to “solve” it!     Go to the doctor!!!   

The Doctor will determine  what needs to be done and will do it.

I simply stated what my experience was and what had to be done.  You have to first find out if there is even a problem!!

Call or go to your Doctor or the ER.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.