Posted , 5 users are following.
After laser beam radiation theraphy for prostate cancer, I have developed/been diagnosed with:
1. a severe case of post-radiation proctitis
2. undergone 2 argon plasma coagulation surgical procedures to stop rectal bleeding since my lower colon was adversely affected by the radiation
3. broken 2 teeth as a result of excessive dry mouth
4. been diagnosed Sjorgren's Syndrome which is being treated with oral medication
5. experienced an intense acceleration of the pain associated with my peripheral neuropathy (not associatd with diabetis; I am not diabetic)
6. begun to have intense sweatinging episodes in which I am drenched in sweat from head to toe as if I had jumped into a swimming pool. The episodes are unannounced and have happened as often as twice a day. The family doctor has made a referral to a specilist with an tentative diagnosis of male menopause.
As aggravating as all these negative side effects, I am most concerned with/confused about/frustrated with my inability to have a sexual erection and enjoy any form of sexual gratification or orgasm. It is not uncommon for me to wake up with a painful full bladder erection, but I can't experience a sexual erection. I occasionally have a twinge of sexual activity in my penis/testicles, but it is unrelated to any sexual stimulus.
Am I destined to remain sexually neutered or is there any treatment that shows any promise of improving sexual pleasure?
I am interested in how other men have been treated. I have very simple insurance through the Affordable Care Act (for which I am eternally grateful because without it I would most likely be deasimply cannd) and cannot afford any treatment not covered by insurance. If I had money, cost would not be a barrier; but since I have no money (lost everything I had in the October, 2008 crash and the Great Recession that followed), I simply can't afford anything not covered 100% by insurance.
Any suggestion or leads that I can follow up on for treatment?
1 like, 12 replies