After resume surgery having retrograde ejaculation want to have my own family but devastated

Posted , 4 users are following.

After having a problem going to the restroom which is an enlargement of the prostate and I was told by my dr could be corrected and a simple procedure called to resume water vaper treatment. My condition going urinary flows has improved and I was pleased. After a while of having sex with my girlfriend was surprised. after doing research I was suffering from retrograde ejaculation.

I ask the doctor he said this kind of complication is very few percent. I am very devastated I think about these twenty-four hours. If i have known this i would not get this trtment.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What was your prostate size? How many injections did your uro do? Did your uro ask you whether you want baby before the procedure?

• Posted

He never asked me at all. I have no idea what size was my prostate before rezum's surgery.

• Posted

How old are you. Men below 50 would not like RE. There are other procedures that have a higher rate of RE like TURP and HOLEP. The RE can be cause by removal of too much tissue (not enough left to make semen), damage to the bladder sphincter. or damage to the ejaculatory ducts. Sometimes the urethra is widened so much that the semen fills up the empty space and doesn't come out.

There is the possibility of retrieving semen from the bladder and using it for impregnation. This seems difficult to me because for one thing you have to have a doctor and a women who is willing to do it. There may be ways of improving the function of the bladder sphincter if it is damaged. You have to ask a doctor about it. It is similar to ways of improving incontinence. Search the internet.

• Posted

I am past 50 regardless dr has to tell me before the surgery that I might lose the functions of having a family. There are so many things that happened in my life. I suffer from PTSD my life that emotional I was unstable. My priority was trying to get better. I do have a problem with keeping real sheep. I never have a problem getting women pregnant. Once I was in real sheep my girlfriend got pregnant and I begged her not to have an abortion but she did. I talk to my dr about retrograde and he said to bring the women and have to try fertility. I was again depressed for months. I felt this is a nightmare when dr decided my life was over when it comes having a child by just looking at my written age. I felt I was not treated as a human being I felt betrayed not being given information about the risk of this new treatment.

I want to seek some kind of treatment to correct the damage. I am not going to give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.