after shoulder replacement, reverse replacement & cervical fusion I am no better

Posted , 1 user is following.

Total shoulder replacement in 2014, reverse in 2015 & cervical fusion in 2016. Doctor says he will not go back & do anymo surgery, just do more PT, & home exercise ,Pilates, acupuncture or whatever alternatives I can find. I take 3 norco daily which barely.     Helps. (Sorry my computer is acting strange). I live in Michigan & heard that I should go to a very good orthopedist at Henry Ford hospital for another opinion. I am only 64 & want to enjoy my retirement but all I do is go to doctors or sit& watch tv. Luckily my son lives with me and cooks, cleans, 

I don't know if it's my neck or shoulder. So depressed, I go to a therapist. I just finished more PT & they said I have reached my plateau so now I am on my own. The pain doctor wants me off the meds but I am in much pain. I have osteoporosis and osteoarthritis both genetic. Scared to have more surgery & can hardly afford anymore.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am new to posting a new discussion & would like it to go to discussion about shoulder problems.

• Posted

Hi Jane ~ 

We have a lot in common.  I, too, live in MI and I'm curious about many of what you talked about.  If I have your permission, I'd like to send you and private message?

Frustrated

• Posted

Jane, you can start up your posting either in "chat" or there are several forums addressing "shoulder problems".  In the "search" just put in Shoulders and it will give you  a gamut of places to start. 

I hope to hear from you

Frustrated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.