Skip to content
Ad

Infectious Disease

Also known as Actinomyces, Amoebiasis, Bartonella Infections, Brucellosis, Dengue Fever , Ebola Virus, Erythema Infectiosum, Leptospirosis, Malaria, Measles, MRSA, Mumps, Parasitic Infections, Pseudomonas, Pyrexia of Unknown Origin (PUO), Rheumatic Fever, Septicaemia, Slapped Cheek Disease, Staphylococcus aureus, Toxoplasmosis, Travel Related Illness, Tuberculosis, Whooping Cough

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• IT'S NOT MERCURY

Please leave your mouth alone.  It's not anything that you've been told is the reason why your so damn sick!! It's funny how you look up "your symptoms" and you find something and u say OMG! I'm going to die. Then you get a rash!! Or some other major symptom. I feel your...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Worms in the Face

Hi All,  I dont know if anyone has come across this.  I have a worm infestation in my face.  They travel around under the skin leaving tracks and bursting holes into my skin.  they create glass like balls that split the skin open and move around my skin with ease.  I first reported...

Last reply
  • Low energy and ibs

Hi there, my name is Zeena and I am a 21 year old student. For the past year I have been experience a number of symptoms which I will give you some background information on. Last summer I went travelling in Thailand and one of the days I had a very violent vomiting bug, which left me feeling sick for...

Last reply
  • Needing as much as advice as I can get.

Sorry if I do something wrong on this forum but I have never been on one before and I'm learning as I go. I have no where else to turn and need to talk to others that have had or are dealing with similar problems. I have a parasite infestation that is effecting my entire family and after multiple...

Last reply
  • Unknown parasite

I suspect I have parasite. The symptoms come and go. Rapid onset of: headache, weakness, muscle spasms, consitpation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, chills. Does anyone have a similar experience? I have a pic of what I Ann finding in my stool. Trying to post I think 

Last reply
  • IT'S NOT MERCURY

Please leave your mouth alone.  It's not anything that you've been told is the reason why your so damn sick!! It's funny how you look up "your symptoms" and you find something and u say OMG! I'm going to die. Then you get a rash!! Or some other major symptom. I feel your...

Posted
  • Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis

I'm curious as to anyone else's recent experience with treatment for Latent TB.  I tested positive in May.  June 1 (2017) I was started on Isoniazid daily with a Vitamin.  I was suppose to take it for 9 months.  I have been very sick from the meds.  My baseline liver...

Last reply
  • Lung scars / TB suspected in medical for visa app

Good day!  I would like to get some information for those who had been on the same situation. I have worked in 3 companies previously here in Abu dhabi and now found a new job, And for the visa ofcourse we need to pass the medical, in my 3 previous company I have never had any problems but this...

Last reply
  • Unknown possible parasite that my girlfriend found in her bath

A few centimetres long, dull orange/ yellow in colour. Has a distinctly fishlike tail and long cylindrical body. No symptoms thus far, just wondering what it could be, whether it could've come out of the tap? Or she might have stepped on it and brought it into the bath? It's dead, and seems...

Last reply
  • Tuberculosis Test

I am female aged 40 years, Indian national staying in UAE for last 10 years. Every 3 years for getting a residense visa I need to undergo medical tests to check for any infectious disease. So many years I have done tests, never faced any problem. Unfortunately very recently when I had to undergo X-ray...

Last reply
  • Parasitic Attack Is Real

Its been nearly a year now since my body has been invaded by some form of Parasite/Parasites/ Worms/Bugs feel like I've copped the total invasion!!! You know it's real, you can see them feel them moving around and popping out all over my body, leaving my skin marked with lesions, I find they...

Last reply
  • Unknown Disease Or Infection

Hello, I was wandering if anyone can help me with the following symptoms please My question is in regards to symptoms I have but I have not been able to get a diagnosis for My story started in South East Asia in 2007 I was fit and healthy and traveled there with my brother for a holiday during my...

Last reply
  • Stafalococcos aureus (sorry bout the spelling)

I have had 3 back surgery s but now I have SA staffolococ aureus. Or so I thought. Now they don't know wat it is. Can it change shape and how do you get rid of it. I have bn in hospital for 5 months now and still they don't know. Please help Kind regards Gezza

Last reply
  • THREAD WORMS LIVING IN MY TEAR DUCTS

One year ago I cut up some very old logs in my back yard. There were many different types of bugs seen between the bark and the rest of the wood. I used a chain saw, and I believed I may have breathed in dust from cutting the wood. About one or two weeks later I started sneezing and sneezing. As I...

Last reply
  • Rash/bruise

My daughter's father texted me last week during his week with her and said she had a rash on her bottom. He said they had changed detergent and bath soap. He also informed me that she got a spanking. When I got her back Friday I checked her and her bottom is literally completely COVERED in bruises!...

Last reply
  • Do parasites cause autoimmune diseases?

I have recently completed 2 stool sample tests that have rendered the same outcome, positive for parasitic organisms but unable to identify. Now I have to complete the exam a third time. I have still not received any treatment and have experienced some serious health problems over the past few years,...

Last reply
  • urethral , rectal burning sensation

I had a 1 time sexual encounter and was treated with a huge dosage of antibiotics (Rocephin and Zithromax) Also took months of other antibiotics as urologist did not know what they were treating, but just prescribing.  urethral pain, anal burning for 4 months. was tested negative:...

Posted
  • 6 years of unknown rash

History of MRSA back in 2009. In 2012, shortly after working as a CNA, I developed a rash on my lower right leg. Just where the ankle and shin is. I have had the rash on my left leg a total of four times in the same spot. But my left leg has never be an issue and the rash never appeared back on my left...

Posted
  • Can't get rid of Blastocystis hominis parasite, help!!.,

my dear friend has been battling this little amoeba for a year and nothing he has been given has been able to get rid of it. He has been treated with flagil (sp?) twice with no result. He suffers from diarrhea when ever he eats, suffers from fatigue and, don't know if this has anything to do with...

Posted
  • SHARP EDGED WORMS COMING OUT OF PORES

TINY THREADLIKE LIVE WORMS SHARP EDGES.  First thought was horrible acne. I would try and squeeze out the acne but that seemed to disrupt the area more and it would become huge and inflamed. I found that pushing on one side and holding the other side brought the "substance out" which then...

Last reply
  • Question about wound culture results

I have a question about the results of a wound culture. I had it done recently and the test results say no poly' s, no bacteria however it did say rare epithelials. Can someone else tell me what rare epithelials are in the wound culture?

Last reply
  • possible tapeworm ?

Hi I passed a approx 6 inch flat tape like thing , it seems very smooth yellowish almost transparent, I see no segments, is this a tape worm ? I have a pic of part of it but I'm not sure how to upload ? I'd appreciate any information thank you

Last reply
  • Skin infection staph?

Or is it a boil? Should I be going to the dr for antibiotic treatment or continue with warm compresses? It started last night and has progressed to this in the photo. It is very painful and was itchy when it first started.

Last reply
  • Nose infection

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had some advice for me. About 3 months ago I felt a sharp pain at just under my left nostril. It felt like an infection feeling. I itched my nose but it didn't relieve the sharp pain. It lasted for 10 seconds but it made me wonder what it was. Weeks later I started...

Posted
  • my 12 day daughter diagnosed with septic arthritis mrsa

My daughter was diagnosed with sepsis when she was 12 days old . She was admitted in hospital and iv antibiotic started. After 6 days of antibiotic her right knee started swelling. After MRI and x Ray, Dr confirm that she had Septic arthritis. Emergency surgery was done to drain the pus followed by...

Last reply
  • Microscopic-like worms under skin

Hi. I have some sort of a skin condition where it starts out like a small pimple and then when i clean it,it turns into a sore where i remove microscopic worm like things out of my skin. I have tried every home remedy and fungi/ worm treatment on the market. I have seen a few doctors and gone to the...

Last reply
  • High fever with staph infection

So i was recently diagnosed with a type of staph infection that you can get from boils/pimples being infected. The 2nd day it was very painfull and redness about the size of my hand around a quarter size sore on my leg. I went to the doctor about 5 days ago for it and it does not hurt anymore and looks...

Last reply
  • Roundworm.

I'll try keep this shortish. September 2015 is when all the problems started for my then 6 month old. Repeated bouts of 'gastroenteritis', scratching her skin till she made herself bleed, night sweats and was generally really unwell with coughs & conjunctivitis. Doctors just kept saying...

Posted
  • Is this a parasite? Help please. Multiple negative results.

I'm a 27 yr old male. For the last two years I've been plagued with abdominal and intestinal issues. I was diagnosed with IBS and gastroparesis. At the beginning I remember seeing flake like things in my stool. I told the dr and they did all the typical tests for parasites and stool samples....

Last reply
  • Need your advice

34 active female who eats well but sugar intake is too high, experiencing exhaustion, Joint pain, not properly digesting fats, not excreting excess b12(level is 1476) boits of constipation, crawling sensations under the skin, high lymphocytes detected in blood, feeling feverish regularly, mucle cramping,...

Posted
  • Stomach virus

On March 28th I had started feeling bad and had diarrhea twice and felt extremely weak my husband brought me to the ER and when they tried to do my IV they said I was very dehydrated and all the digging around for a vein caused me to vomit but they gave me fluids and zofran and after that I never did...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.