Skip to content
Ad

Infectious Disease

Also known as Actinomyces, Amoebiasis, Bartonella Infections, Brucellosis, Dengue Fever , Ebola Virus, Erythema Infectiosum, Leptospirosis, Malaria, Measles, MRSA, Mumps, Parasitic Infections, Pseudomonas, Pyrexia of Unknown Origin (PUO), Rheumatic Fever, Septicaemia, Slapped Cheek Disease, Staphylococcus aureus, Toxoplasmosis, Travel Related Illness, Tuberculosis, Whooping Cough

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Very scared about infection

Hello, I am new here. I Am 29 and have health anxiety and anxiety in general. I have had a long bout of health anxiety these past few months which has caused me to barely sleep and I’m worrying constantly. My family and I are American expats living in Germany. I am having a little bit of an issue with...

Posted
  • Painful sores on extremities with teeth

Ok so to thos out there suffering ,please keep up the good fight,i hope i can help someoneby finally opening up and letting my stories out...I am 40 years old and one year shy of becoming a veteranarian,so i like to think i know alittle but about critters...Well i was wrong! I own a small farm in WV...

Last reply
  • Worms in the Face

Hi All,  I dont know if anyone has come across this.  I have a worm infestation in my face.  They travel around under the skin leaving tracks and bursting holes into my skin.  they create glass like balls that split the skin open and move around my skin with ease.  I first reported...

Last reply
  • Suffered for 4 years.. could it be a parasite?

I am a 24 year old female. My issues basically began 4 years ago when I was admitted into hospital with ‘gastritis’.  There was no known cause for the flare up and I’d never had any major health issues before this.  I was diagnosed by gastroscope and treated with antacids and sent on my way. ...

Last reply
  • Mycobacterium infection

I had an insect bite which got infected. After being prescribed several antibiotics which didn't help, I was referred for a biopsy. Results showed a mycobacterial infection. I am a keen swimmer and wondered if this is the most likely source of the infection. The wound has more than doubled in...

Last reply
  • PARASITIC WORM THAT TURNS INSECTS INTO SUICIDAL MANIACS

Nematomorpha (sometimes called Gordiacea, and commonly known as horsehair worms or Gordian worms) are a phylum of parasitoid animals superficially similar to nematode worms in morphology, hence the name. They range in size in most species...

Last reply
  • Do parasites cause autoimmune diseases?

I have recently completed 2 stool sample tests that have rendered the same outcome, positive for parasitic organisms but unable to identify. Now I have to complete the exam a third time. I have still not received any treatment and have experienced some serious health problems over the past few years,...

Last reply
  • I've been stressed for a little over four years. what can be done

I started off with only a few sores like bites qa little over four years ago now it is all over me, nearly head to toe, the worst is that I have in and around my ear. I have been told its nothing I should see a therapist. A couple weeks ago the doctor wanted to try a medicine for the stress I've...

Posted
  • PLEASE read... If you have a heart

So, my situation is a little different than most. I had a brain stem stroke and they have no idea *Why even though they've done test after test... Q 1. Are parasites a possibility why? I have a "sore"-not really, the reason being... Its closed but not a scar. When it first started...

Last reply
  • unknown STD

I was infected with chlamydia by a prostitute in Phnom Penh in 2013. I was cured from the Chlamydia but afterwards I had symptoms that didnt go away. These symptoms were chronic pain in my body. It was in areas approximately where the lymph nodes are. The pain was constant. After two years in 2015...

Last reply
  • Unknown std... any idea ?

Hey, I have been reading this forum for a while. I am a 24 years old male.  I had an unprotected sexual intercourse with a female in Chile two years ago. Three weeks later : fever for a day or two followed by an oral thrush. 6 weeks later : explosive diarrhea, fever for about 5 days. Maybe i should...

Last reply
  • Parasite, Worms, Eggs in Stool?

Around 5 days ago I ate sushi, soon after stomach pain started, every day, on scale 0..10 I'd say 3 or 4. I have NO diarrhea, blood or vomiting. However, 2 days ago I've decided to vomit on my own, and pain got smaller, next day I felt better. Then before going to bed, I had a mild fever, which...

Last reply
  • Parasite Infection

Have been ill for some time now with all sorts of health conditions,  It seems to mimmick general health conditions but when they look they find nothing wrong, I'v had bloated stomach and soreness, diarrhea on and off burning sensations through my nerves all over, Muscle spasms and twitching...

Last reply
  • Worms in my throat and intestine

I have suffered from chronic fatigue since 1.5 years. I have done all the test related to blood and GI in last year but nothing is found. Initially, I thought that food gets stuck in my throat, but the symptoms are like if they are worms, I don't know which kinds of worms they are. They...

Last reply
  • 4 YEARS OF UTTER SADNESS

Hello, Im from Vancouver Canada. 14 years ago i fell in love with a fellow and was with him for 2 years. Upon our break up i was told that he had recently found out that he was HIV positive. Of course i was scared and shocked. It took 10 years to show up in me. So now i live with this disease which is...

Last reply
  • Sepsis from Phlebotomy

I had another blood draw yesterday to test my thyroid, and the puncture site hope is still red. That’s normal, right? And what risks are present if I have done 3 blood draws within a few weeks? Another question: the nurse who drew my blood this time didn’t wear gloves and, although she cleaned the...

Posted
  • Unknown possible parasite that my girlfriend found in her bath

A few centimetres long, dull orange/ yellow in colour. Has a distinctly fishlike tail and long cylindrical body. No symptoms thus far, just wondering what it could be, whether it could've come out of the tap? Or she might have stepped on it and brought it into the bath? It's dead, and seems...

Last reply
  • Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis

I'm curious as to anyone else's recent experience with treatment for Latent TB.  I tested positive in May.  June 1 (2017) I was started on Isoniazid daily with a Vitamin.  I was suppose to take it for 9 months.  I have been very sick from the meds.  My baseline liver...

Last reply
  • urethral , rectal burning sensation

I had a 1 time sexual encounter and was treated with a huge dosage of antibiotics (Rocephin and Zithromax) Also took months of other antibiotics as urologist did not know what they were treating, but just prescribing.  urethral pain, anal burning for 4 months. was tested negative:...

Last reply
  • Parasitic Attack Is Real

Its been nearly a year now since my body has been invaded by some form of Parasite/Parasites/ Worms/Bugs feel like I've copped the total invasion!!! You know it's real, you can see them feel them moving around and popping out all over my body, leaving my skin marked with lesions, I find they...

Last reply
  • Rash/bruise

My daughter's father texted me last week during his week with her and said she had a rash on her bottom. He said they had changed detergent and bath soap. He also informed me that she got a spanking. When I got her back Friday I checked her and her bottom is literally completely COVERED in bruises!...

Last reply
  • •••I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND •••

After reading multiple posts a common factor appears to be intestinal tract issues. Most patients are pretty positive they have parasites in their system! Why in the world would they not want to try and remedy their intestinal issues?! A start might be to buy a family package of: Reese's pinworm...

Posted
  • Low energy and ibs

Hi there, my name is Zeena and I am a 21 year old student. For the past year I have been experience a number of symptoms which I will give you some background information on. Last summer I went travelling in Thailand and one of the days I had a very violent vomiting bug, which left me feeling sick for...

Last reply
  • Unknown parasite

I suspect I have parasite. The symptoms come and go. Rapid onset of: headache, weakness, muscle spasms, consitpation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, chills. Does anyone have a similar experience? I have a pic of what I Ann finding in my stool. Trying to post I think 

Last reply
  • SHARP EDGED WORMS COMING OUT OF PORES

TINY THREADLIKE LIVE WORMS SHARP EDGES.  First thought was horrible acne. I would try and squeeze out the acne but that seemed to disrupt the area more and it would become huge and inflamed. I found that pushing on one side and holding the other side brought the "substance out" which then...

Last reply
  • Gastroenteritis? Parasite? Food Poisoning? Bug? What was it?

For the record  i am 30 years old with no previous health issues expect for a acid flare ups. During the end week of August i felt horrible. I could walk ok but going into a car while it was moving my stomach felt even more sick. So for two days or so i remained in bed. I had these symptoms. ...

Last reply
  • Rabies immunoglobulin

Hi there, Is it necessary to get immunoglobulin besides 1st shot of vaccine after a typical cat scratch leading to bleed? If yes, how long after the exposure will the immunoglobulin shot work?

Posted
  • Needing as much as advice as I can get.

Sorry if I do something wrong on this forum but I have never been on one before and I'm learning as I go. I have no where else to turn and need to talk to others that have had or are dealing with similar problems. I have a parasite infestation that is effecting my entire family and after multiple...

Last reply
  • Something is wrong with my nose

So I have been having a problem with my nose for about a week now. It’s kinda painful and it’s making the one nostril swell up in the area where the two nostrils connect, but seems to be staying in that one nostril. It’s got this green scabbing going on, when i wash it, it looks like normal scabbing,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.