Skip to content

Infectious Disease

Also known as Actinomyces, Amoebiasis, Bartonella Infections, Brucellosis, Chickenpox, Dengue Fever , Ebola Virus, Encephalitis, Erythema Infectiosum, Leptospirosis, Malaria, Measles, Meningitis, MRSA, Mumps, Parasitic Infections, Pseudomonas, Pyrexia of Unknown Origin (PUO), Rheumatic Fever, Septicaemia, Slapped Cheek Disease, Staphylococcus aureus, Toxoplasmosis, Travel Related Illness, Tuberculosis, Whooping Cough

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Parasite Identification (Disturbing Picture)

Greetings, Apologies for the disturbing picture. Last 8/4/18, I had a very sudden upset stomach. Much stronger than usual. I had a loose stool and all was well. The following morning, my stomach didn't feel that bad (still rather loose). However, this came out of me. It was floating and I …

Posted
  • Worms in the Face

Hi All,  I dont know if anyone has come across this.  I have a worm infestation in my face.  They travel around under the skin leaving tracks and bursting holes into my skin.  they create glass like balls that split the skin open and move around my skin with ease.  I first …

Last reply
  • Skin worms? Parasite?

So Ive been concerned about having a skin parasite for about a year now. So far all of the doctors I’ve been to tell me that it’s all in my head and that I have dermatillomania. I don’t doubt that to be true, but sometimes I find odd thing under my skin that make me think my skin is infested with …

Posted
  • Skin parasite infection

My husband and i are 31 and 33 and we have been infected for 4 months, all the Drs told us its staph or drugs. We are both clean people and have them in our face breast, hands, arms, been through hell and we need to know how to get out health

Last reply
  • Unknown possible parasite that my girlfriend found in her bath

A few centimetres long, dull orange/ yellow in colour. Has a distinctly fishlike tail and long cylindrical body. No symptoms thus far, just wondering what it could be, whether it could've come out of the tap? Or she might have stepped on it and brought it into the bath? It's dead, and …

Last reply
  • Chickenpox at 25....what should I do?

So on Sunday I got a splitting headache but I thought it was because I took caffeine pills because I was soo tired. Then Sunday night I got bad fever and flush sweating (along with headaches and bodyaches). Thought it was a bad reaction to the caffeine pills. Tuesday I woke up covered in spots all …

Last reply
  • possible tapeworm ?

Hi I passed a approx 6 inch flat tape like thing , it seems very smooth yellowish almost transparent, I see no segments, is this a tape worm ? I have a pic of part of it but I'm not sure how to upload ? I'd appreciate any information thank you

Last reply
  • is this more serious than i thought?

i want to make sure these are not related and are not staph or meningitis background info: i always have scabs and cuts somewhere on my legs, my dad died of necrotizing fasciitis, and a cold is going around in my house i went swimming in a big lake yesterday and my leg has been hurrting and my …

Posted
  • THREAD WORMS LIVING IN MY TEAR DUCTS

One year ago I cut up some very old logs in my back yard. There were many different types of bugs seen between the bark and the rest of the wood. I used a chain saw, and I believed I may have breathed in dust from cutting the wood. About one or two weeks later I started sneezing and sneezing. As …

Last reply
  • Unknown std... any idea ?

Hey, I have been reading this forum for a while. I am a 24 years old male.  I had an unprotected sexual intercourse with a female in Chile two years ago. Three weeks later : fever for a day or two followed by an oral thrush. 6 weeks later : explosive diarrhea, fever for about 5 days. Maybe i …

Last reply
  • Is this tapeworm?

i’ve had Symptoms in the past couple years of what seemed like extreme giardiasis but been symptom free for about a year. Then, out of the blue, I was feeling sluggish and nauseated from the bad air quality here and did a couple days of coffee enemas and two days later, I have a very interesting …

Last reply
  • Parasite, Worms, Eggs in Stool?

Around 5 days ago I ate sushi, soon after stomach pain started, every day, on scale 0..10 I'd say 3 or 4. I have NO diarrhea, blood or vomiting. However, 2 days ago I've decided to vomit on my own, and pain got smaller, next day I felt better. Then before going to bed, I had a mild fever, …

Last reply
  • PHOTOS: Are these organisms or just debris?

I have been extremely ill ever since I hundreds of repeat exposures to bug bites, rodent feces, and an international traveler who had two severe mysterious illnesses.  The bugs include mosquitoes that may have been breeding in indoor water. I don't know if any of the following pics …

Last reply
  • Worms in my throat and intestine

I have suffered from chronic fatigue since 1.5 years. I have done all the test related to blood and GI in last year but nothing is found. Initially, I thought that food gets stuck in my throat, but the symptoms are like if they are worms, I don't know which kinds of worms they are. …

Last reply
  • Red spots on penis

I belived I had genital herpes, so I went to a doctor. He said it's not herpes and gave me a intimate wash. Today I woke up with a itch, the upper gland red and a strange red spot (I can't name the penis part). Could this be allergy to something in the wash or something else? Pic …

Last reply
  • Parasitic Attack Is Real

Its been nearly a year now since my body has been invaded by some form of Parasite/Parasites/ Worms/Bugs feel like I've copped the total invasion!!! You know it's real, you can see them feel them moving around and popping out all over my body, leaving my skin marked with lesions, I find …

Last reply
  • SHARP EDGED WORMS COMING OUT OF PORES

TINY THREADLIKE LIVE WORMS SHARP EDGES.  First thought was horrible acne. I would try and squeeze out the acne but that seemed to disrupt the area more and it would become huge and inflamed. I found that pushing on one side and holding the other side brought the "substance out" which …

Last reply
  • Could I have a tapeworm?

just to say, I’m 18 weeks pregnant, and recently I’ve been having some pain in my stomach area.  I’ve also been bleeding whenever I poop and there’s been what looks like rice in it? I saw something that looked like it could’ve been a tapeworm segment or something but it was hard to see because …

Posted
  • Sharing lancing device and risk of infection

Hi, My mom is a diabetic and I was just wondering to check my glucose levels to make sure that I am okay. She has an On-Call glucose monitor. I changed the lancet in pen stick to puncture the skin and then used a new strip for readings. So my question is that I used new lancet and strip so is …

Last reply
  • TB Meningitis - Latent TB

My wife had meningitis back in December 2017, at first they thought viral meningitis but after many tests, scans, x-rays, mri's etc she had a biopsy on her neck lymph node which showed a bacterial infection which is common to TB family.  Since the diagnosis of the TB (not 100% confirmed …

Last reply
  • Unexplained symptoms, I don't know what to do anymore!

Hello! This is going to be a fairly long story but please please bear with me. I am a 28 year old female with a lot of health issues and no conclusive diagnosis. It all started about 3 years ago when I began to have restless sleep, muscle twitching all over my body, tinnitus in one ear, hives, …

Last reply
  • I don't have anywhere to turn

I know every one thinks iam nuts I assure you iam very level headed.I have researched as much as I can I feel these worms as they move under my scalp. Really they have left my with open scores all over my scalp ,and are that least 4 to 6 or more inchs long they move all the time and are leaking …

Last reply
  • Menigitis or something worse!?!?!?

Hello! I'm a 16 year old female and I've been having some weird head stuff going on lately. Both of my parents think its a sinus infection but it keeps getting worse. So I'm having quite a few things going on like 1.Head pressure 2. Disorientation 3.Blurry vision 4.Mucle weakness 5. …

Posted
  • Intesitnal parasite, not many answers and worried for my health!

Hi All, I first noticed white strands in my daughters nappy and my wife was complaining of having an itchy bum, we clean the house regularly from top to bottom and have taken ovex a few times. My wife has been given the all-clear from the NHS but we're starting to lose faith in their tests. My …

Last reply
  • Infection

Hi, I have a infection due to a hole in my palate in mouth, doc has gave me steroids oral and antibotics which haven't really done alot, I feel pretty unwell and getting worse, today I have rash on arms that ave started to spread, they a little sore, has any one any idea?

Posted
  • Bartonellosis and/or Cat scratch disease?

How is Bartonellosis different from cat scratch disease? Well i thought that i had bartonellosis(cat bit me, wound was hot, swollen, papulas, resolved spontaneously) But, when i started to read about CSD and Bartonellosis on wiki, i just cant tell difference. I know CSD is in ICD-10, what makes …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.