Skip to content

Infectious Disease

Also known as Actinomyces, Amoebiasis, Bartonella Infections, Brucellosis, Chickenpox, Dengue Fever , Ebola Virus, Encephalitis, Erythema Infectiosum, Leptospirosis, Malaria, Measles, Meningitis, MRSA, Mumps, Parasitic Infections, Pseudomonas, Pyrexia of Unknown Origin (PUO), Rheumatic Fever, Septicaemia, Slapped Cheek Disease, Staphylococcus aureus, Toxoplasmosis, Travel Related Illness, Tuberculosis, Whooping Cough

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Erinh Erinh

Is this tapeworm?

i’ve had Symptoms in the past couple years of what seemed like extreme giardiasis but been symptom free for about a year. Then, out of the blue, I was feeling sluggish and nauseated from the bad air quality here and did a couple days of coffee enemas and two days later, I have a very interesting stool...

• Could I have a tapeworm?

just to say, I’m 18 weeks pregnant, and recently I’ve been having some pain in my stomach area.  I’ve also been bleeding whenever I poop and there’s been what looks like rice in it? I saw something that looked like it could’ve been a tapeworm segment or something but it was hard to see because there’s...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Worms in the Face

Hi All,  I dont know if anyone has come across this.  I have a worm infestation in my face.  They travel around under the skin leaving tracks and bursting holes into my skin.  they create glass like balls that split the skin open and move around my skin with ease.  I first reported...

Last reply
  • Red spots on penis

I belived I had genital herpes, so I went to a doctor. He said it's not herpes and gave me a intimate wash. Today I woke up with a itch, the upper gland red and a strange red spot (I can't name the penis part). Could this be allergy to something in the wash or something else? Pic attached...

Last reply
  • Parasitic Attack Is Real

Its been nearly a year now since my body has been invaded by some form of Parasite/Parasites/ Worms/Bugs feel like I've copped the total invasion!!! You know it's real, you can see them feel them moving around and popping out all over my body, leaving my skin marked with lesions, I find they...

Last reply
  • SHARP EDGED WORMS COMING OUT OF PORES

TINY THREADLIKE LIVE WORMS SHARP EDGES.  First thought was horrible acne. I would try and squeeze out the acne but that seemed to disrupt the area more and it would become huge and inflamed. I found that pushing on one side and holding the other side brought the "substance out" which then...

Last reply
  • Is this tapeworm?

i’ve had Symptoms in the past couple years of what seemed like extreme giardiasis but been symptom free for about a year. Then, out of the blue, I was feeling sluggish and nauseated from the bad air quality here and did a couple days of coffee enemas and two days later, I have a very interesting stool...

Posted
  • Could I have a tapeworm?

just to say, I’m 18 weeks pregnant, and recently I’ve been having some pain in my stomach area.  I’ve also been bleeding whenever I poop and there’s been what looks like rice in it? I saw something that looked like it could’ve been a tapeworm segment or something but it was hard to see because there’s...

Posted
  • Sharing lancing device and risk of infection

Hi, My mom is a diabetic and I was just wondering to check my glucose levels to make sure that I am okay. She has an On-Call glucose monitor. I changed the lancet in pen stick to puncture the skin and then used a new strip for readings. So my question is that I used new lancet and strip so is there...

Last reply
  • TB Meningitis - Latent TB

My wife had meningitis back in December 2017, at first they thought viral meningitis but after many tests, scans, x-rays, mri's etc she had a biopsy on her neck lymph node which showed a bacterial infection which is common to TB family.  Since the diagnosis of the TB (not 100% confirmed as...

Last reply
  • Unexplained symptoms, I don't know what to do anymore!

Hello! This is going to be a fairly long story but please please bear with me. I am a 28 year old female with a lot of health issues and no conclusive diagnosis. It all started about 3 years ago when I began to have restless sleep, muscle twitching all over my body, tinnitus in one ear, hives, itching...

Last reply
  • I don't have anywhere to turn

I know every one thinks iam nuts I assure you iam very level headed.I have researched as much as I can I feel these worms as they move under my scalp. Really they have left my with open scores all over my scalp ,and are that least 4 to 6 or more inchs long they move all the time and are leaking stuff...

Last reply
  • Menigitis or something worse!?!?!?

Hello! I'm a 16 year old female and I've been having some weird head stuff going on lately. Both of my parents think its a sinus infection but it keeps getting worse. So I'm having quite a few things going on like 1.Head pressure 2. Disorientation 3.Blurry vision 4.Mucle weakness 5.Facial...

Posted
  • Intesitnal parasite, not many answers and worried for my health!

Hi All, I first noticed white strands in my daughters nappy and my wife was complaining of having an itchy bum, we clean the house regularly from top to bottom and have taken ovex a few times. My wife has been given the all-clear from the NHS but we're starting to lose faith in their tests. My wife...

Last reply
  • Infection

Hi, I have a infection due to a hole in my palate in mouth, doc has gave me steroids oral and antibotics which haven't really done alot, I feel pretty unwell and getting worse, today I have rash on arms that ave started to spread, they a little sore, has any one any idea?

Posted
  • Bartonellosis and/or Cat scratch disease?

How is Bartonellosis different from cat scratch disease? Well i thought that i had bartonellosis(cat bit me, wound was hot, swollen, papulas, resolved spontaneously) But, when i started to read about CSD and Bartonellosis on wiki, i just cant tell difference. I know CSD is in ICD-10, what makes CSD...

Posted
  • Infection

Hi, I need abit of advice, I have a collapsed nose, sinuis filled with cysts and a hole in my soft palate, my ent surgeon has referred me to London royal ear nose and throat hospital, as complex waiting for a appointment to come through, my palate is infected and on steroids and antibotics, I feel terrible,...

Last reply
  • I have been ill for 6 weeks, abdominal pain

I believe I had giardia, I believe it could be subsiding due to anti parisitc foods and anti oxidants I have been consuming, I am still in pain though and my bowel movements still have traces such as yellow corn looking pieces in it also bits of blood, I noticed the corn like pieces after I came out...

Posted
  • Is this possible?

At the age of 46 I got chickenpox for the first time, I got from my mother, who lives with me, cause she had shingles. It was one of the most humiliating experiences of my life, cause nobody believed me from my friends all the way to the hospital. In addition of giving it to anyone, people thought that...

Posted
  • reeses pin worm for Hook worms and Ascaris

Hi all! I have been suffering with round and hook worms for over a year now. I now have recently picked up pin worms .. has anyone ever tried reeses pin worm medication for hook worms and Ascaris? I’m afraid to try it considering I’ve heard ascaris will migrate to other parts of the body since the...

Last reply
  • unknown STD

I was infected with chlamydia by a prostitute in Phnom Penh in 2013. I was cured from the Chlamydia but afterwards I had symptoms that didnt go away. These symptoms were chronic pain in my body. It was in areas approximately where the lymph nodes are. The pain was constant. After two years in 2015...

Last reply
  • Survivors of Childhood Bacterial Meningitis

When my daughter was 3 years old, she came down with Bacterial Meningitis.  She's a thriving, grown woman today but as her Mother I have an interest in the after effects of the Meningitis and her long term health.   Upon releasing us from the hospital, her Pediatrician asked that...

Posted
  • Do I have parasites?

When I had gone to the restroom, I had noticed this on the toilet paper as sickening as that sounds. I have been feeling tired and hungry lately and now I am worried I have a parasite infection. I am curious is this looks like it could be part of a worm and which one? 

Last reply
  • possible tapeworm ?

Hi I passed a approx 6 inch flat tape like thing , it seems very smooth yellowish almost transparent, I see no segments, is this a tape worm ? I have a pic of part of it but I'm not sure how to upload ? I'd appreciate any information thank you

Last reply
  • Help,Scary Easter eggs!!!!

My son and I were decorating Easter eggs and I dont refrigerate them because we DONT ever eat them........... well,to my horror he was playing with them and busting them open and I called the dr. and they said if he did not eat them he should be fine. My worry is if it got in his eyes or an open cut?...

Last reply
  • Chicken Pox at 52

Ok so I find one or two red spots with red rash around and heads on fluid heads I think oops that looks like shingles or chicken pox. At my age shingles was more of an option I would have given but then the itches , the tiredness and the headache (which I never get) , think I recognise these little blighters......

Posted
  • Rabies risk analysis

I’m an early 30s/white/Caucasian in KY.  I recently terminated a raccoon that was causing property damage on Sunday 3/31.  I left the carcass overnight and the next day (4/1), I disposed of it. I used a shovel to handle the body, it was raining and in order to dispose of it I had to lift overhead...

Posted
  • Water In Lungs

Hi experts My female colleague had a tuberculosis treatment in the year 2013 for MDR. Since then she was perfectly fine. From last 3 to 4 months she again started feeling weak and going no where and dull. It's been around 2 months that she is fighting against the fever. In nights fever comes and...

Posted
  • Tingling in upper cheek at night, is it a parasite?

Not so often, but sometimes at night while I’m laying in bed going to sleep, i feel a weird tingling in my upper right cheek near the bridge of my nose (approx 2cm below my right eye). The tingling is not in one singular small spot, its maybe in an area of 1cm long which makes me scared of the possibility...

Last reply
  • Investious diseases

Hi I have recently had a blood clot on my lungs I was refered for a scan however when my letter has come it says it’s with an ‘infectious disease’ doctor but it is in the cancer centre has anyone has similar thanks 

Last reply
  • Can't get rid of Blastocystis hominis parasite, help!!.,

my dear friend has been battling this little amoeba for a year and nothing he has been given has been able to get rid of it. He has been treated with flagil (sp?) twice with no result. He suffers from diarrhea when ever he eats, suffers from fatigue and, don't know if this has anything to do with...

Last reply
  • IBS or Parasites? and Hemorrhoids! *GRAPHIC*

Hey guys, I'm eighteen and graduated college last year. When I was fourteen I remember my anus area got very itchy so I scratched it alot resulting in swelling (I think it was hemorrhoids). I was too embarrassed to tell my parents so I waited and applied cream on it. However, the damage was already...

Posted
  • Worms in my throat and intestine

I have suffered from chronic fatigue since 1.5 years. I have done all the test related to blood and GI in last year but nothing is found. Initially, I thought that food gets stuck in my throat, but the symptoms are like if they are worms, I don't know which kinds of worms they are. They...

Last reply
  • I had chicken pox 3 months ago and still feel exhausted

Surprisingly I was diagnosed with chicken pox about 3 months ago. I had them as a child and I am now 51 years old. The problem I am having is that I have been exhausted ever since. I don't have an appetite and have to force myself to eat and not complaining, but have lost weight (but not healthy...

Posted
  • Mold exposure!

After being in an apartment contaminated with mold for three months I started to eat she and Phil probably sensations I couldn’t stand it stuff was all in my clothes weird stuff all over my house when I would leave I feel OK when I return back to my apartment it starts all over again this is been going...

Posted
  • Sick for 3 months now after trip to Bali. PLEASE HELP!

Hi everyone! I'm writing because I'm desperate for help and I don't know where else to go. I'm a 31 year old Caucasian female who was in perfect health prior to my visit to Bali. Going on 3 months now, I have had absolutely debilitating symptoms which have hindered my daily life. I have...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.