Is this a parasite? String worms and lumps?

Posted , 12 users are following.

for months and months now i have been struggling with stomach issues, hard stool, soft stool. and taken tablets prescribed for liver flukes. i have now recently had much worse symptoms, i have found lots of both small and large cream coloured lumps of something in my stool for the past few days, as well as these things that look like not moving, stringy worms. some times they are wrapped around eachother, other times on their own. they are very strange and i found a lot of them in my stool. i am attaching a picture of the things i have found. but i would really like to know what you people think as my doctor is confused and i am now waiting a wait for stool test results.imageimageimage

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I just posted by problem as well and your little guys with the sharp hairs on the ends look like mine!

• Posted

This looks like what i have. Been sick on and off for about 7 yrs. I did stool tests, blood work, as well as other tests (Tilt Test, Ulrasound, Colonscoy, Endoscopy etc) I also have seen at least 14 Drs. They have NO ANSWERS for me. I took matters into my own hands. I searched the Internet and found a Parasitology place in Arizona. I went back to my GP for a script & sent samples to the place in Arizona. They found multiple parasitic infrections but couldn't prescribe meds only a Dr can do that. My GP would'nt prescribe any meds. I then booked an appt w a Gastroenterologist. He called the Parasitology place & spoke to them re; my results. He insisted on an Endoscopy. (they found nothing). I refused the colonoscopy (as i had already had one the yr before). He didn't precribe me any meds either. He sent me to am Infectious Disease Dr. who (with ALOT of urging from me) gave me a script for 3 pills of Albendazole. At a cost of $250 Which did NOTHING......At this point i was fed up. Did more research and came across a show on Dr. Oz on parasites. I called the Dr he had on (who was located out of my state) and booked an appt w her. (I have family about a half hr from her) I saw her w the stool tests (from parasitology place) she didnt want to help me EITHER. I persueaded her to give me a script. She gave me 2 scripts. One for Albendazole. One for Ivermectin. They cost me $1850 AFTER ins. She told me to take BOTH at the same time, wait 2 wks and refill scripts. I never was able to take the 2nd round. 2 days after the 1st round, The ball of BOTH my feet blew up. I could only walk on my heels for a wk. I called her office. When she called me back she told me NOT to take any more meds. So that was it ....I then started to cleanse. Cut out all sugar. I eat very little carbs. And only eat organic. That is where i am today. I finally stopped vomiting but my heath is by no means 100%. I struggle everyday. I turned to this website and asked for help but didn't really get many replies. Good luck & research everything. Keep us all posted.

• Posted

ive been following you! im on the same boat at you. you are not alone!!!

• Edited

Hi Josh! I am sorry that you are in the same boat as me....I am still trying to eliminate these infections. I have decided to cut meat out of my diet. Only eating veggies & a little fruit. Alot of water....Very little grains. I am trying to understand how i got so many parasitic infections....I did go on a cruise to the carribean 3 yrs ago but i was having abdominal issues prior to that & already had the lab work to confirm. I am taking herbal supplements that i found on a healthy vitamin site. They are helping however, i don't feel it is enough. I forgot to mention that for a one and 1/2yrs i was taking diatemaceous earth (food kind) and that also helped however i stopped taking it. I read somewhere that i can make them scatter thru your body & organs. I am so fatigued everyday and swear im anemic. I have dark circles under my eyes...Just had blood work done 2mnths ago. I told the P.A. i am exhausted and my hair is falling out. They already know i am Celiac. I assumed they would test my iron levels. Stupid me to assume because she didn't......I really am fed up with Western medicine. I feel like they have us chasing our tail going in circles...Any suggestions anyone on how to proceed??

• Posted

im the original poster but forgot my account details to log in. the stool test result was negative. seeing what to do for next step.

• Posted

If you look at your top picture, the red worm in the upper right, the thing that has a triangular head and black eyes, looks just like a lung fluke or a blood fluke.

Take a look a some photos. The pic I'm talking about is a common one.

• Posted

i have the same thing. do you live in the states? the dr said there was nothing in my stools. i have this issue now for months as well. did you ever get a diagnosis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.