Seeds in stool - tapeworm?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since about the end of May, when I returned home from college, I've been very tired all the time and have had on and off stomach problems. For about the entire month of June I had serious stomach cramps on a daily basis, and either constipation or diarrhea. I went to the doctor to do an exam for occult blood and none was found, luckily. Since July, my stomach has definitely been cramping significantly less and I've had less diarrhea, although I still get it about once week instead of every day. But from the end of June until now I've noticed seeds, or seed like things, in my stool that are causing bowel obstruction. Often I have to strain very hard to have a bowel movement, and it will come out in very small pieces that seem to be covered in these seeds. The stool has also lots of mucus, and much of it has been floating. I've gotten hemorrhoids because of the straining. I've done some research and it sounds like it could be a tapeworm infection - gross. Just wondering if tapeworm is the most likely culprit, or if there's possibly anything else.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hope you've got some medical help by now. the big difference between seeds in your stool and tapeworm eggs is the eggs are really hard in my experience. also if you stop eating seeds for about 4 days and still see these there's your answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.