After shower knee aches

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone else have this problem after a shower knee aches and movement is affected . Prior to shower knee is fine.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

This def. happens to me also.  I thought it was because I was standing in

one spot too long or from the hot water.  I always have to ice my knee after

a shower and take some Advil. 

• Posted

Hi ann

im 13 weeks now

i always find my scar area tightens after a shower, I always go straight to lay on the bed and as it is my routine, i oil or moisturise and massage, I then excercise on the side of the bed with leg lifts and then find I'm ready to go !!

hope this helps.  

Sue x 

• Posted

I was beginning to think I was the only one this happened to, til I read this. I'm also 13 weeks and do the same things you do after a shower. Small world. I'm hoping this will pass as the knee gets better and better. Glad to know I'm not alone.
    • Posted

Hi, yes this site is great, it has helped me to make a judgement of how I think I am doing!  

It it would have been so hard as I look back, without the support from everyone on here.

sue x 

• Posted

Once again possibly the metal in your knee has expanded with the heat from the shower radiated through your leg to the appliance .Obviously when it does then it's going to put pressure inside the cavity where it is situated,try a luke warm shower or if you do have a hot one,don't linger. smile
    • Posted

I never thought about the metal in my kneee expanding from the hot water.  Totally does make sense, tomorrow it's a shorter, warmer shower for mesad
  • Posted

Good Girl !!   smile Another thing is I am sure it will expand in direct sunshine walking or in the car so my advice would be wear white clothing never black as my legs get red hot when sitting in sunshine wearing black trouser.
    • Posted

Even before my TKR I've always been extremely careful about being in the sun. Whenever I go out I always apply sunscreen, even if I'm just checking the mail. cool
    • Posted

I was in the sun in June and never thought that was why my leg was hurting.    I think it makes sense now!   I was so much better when I came back.   I am better in the UK.   What is the answer as I do like to holiday abroad ?  Anyone? 
    • Posted

I'm in the States and I wear sun protection clothing, (Zero X Posur and Coolibar, are the brands I buy) whenever I'm going to be in the sun for long periods of time, plus I still use a sunblock.  I also wear light weight capris that cover my incision.  Just a few suggestions, enjoy your holidays!
    • Posted

Wow. Sure makes sense but a little scary, too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.