After Syphilis treatment?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I have a few question about after treatment.

how long does the symptoms stay after your treatment?

Can you consume alchol or smoke after treatment?

can new symptoms appear after treatment?

Is there any diet i should follow?

thank you in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If there is a chankar (primary stage) it will resolve in no time. if you are talking about secondary stage symptoms, such as painful and swollen lymph nodes, that can take up to a year after treatment to resolve! So, there is no much one can do. follow-ups are necessary so that blood get checked out. titres of treponemal tests can be pretty high, whereas non-treponemal should decline (and are sometimes non-reactive already from the beginning and remain so, if the treatment was very early in the course of the disease). 
  • Posted

Alcohol and smoking are no good to the body. At least smoking affects immune system in a negative way. otherwise, i don't think it interferes the treatment. Heavy drinking is not advisable. 

New symptoms after treatment? I would say no, but i am gonna say yes. Especially in reinfections things can get pretty dodgy and confusing. 

Officially, no special diet necessary, although, for  general health being (and a healthy imune system - which is also very important in this disease) following the rules of healthy, immune boosting eating, is advisable (away with sugar, white flour, diary products..). But, officialy, no dietary adjustments are necessary.

• Posted

Thank you very much. New symthoms meaning i had spots in my palm and feet and after treatment they started to pee, skin ich and i sleep alot.
    • Posted

I can't state anything with a complete certainty, and unfortunately, in my opinion no doctor can too. at the end, syphilis is called 'a great pretender'. I am only talking from my personal experience. I guess, symptoms have their own course to resolve. Even without any treatment, all syphtoms would resolve on its own in year or two. And at that point all that matters is a blood check. what to do in a case when all the symptoms are gone and there is nonreactive nontreponemal test..: doctors only  assume that treatment was successful (if one was treated with an antibiotic), but to my knowledge  there is no test that could tell whether the bacteria is 'dormant' and  will strike after a few decades or never. Even without any treatment, some percent of people (25 ,30%?) will never get to the terciary stage of disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.