After TURP I can't ejaculate

Posted , 14 users are following.

I did TURP ,now 2 years gone, everything is alright,no pain,urine going smoothly but after the operation I lost the capability of ejaculation. I thought it'll be alright still no .

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

THE GOOD NEWS ARE, 80% OF PATIENTS OF TURP CAN'T. ACTUALLY YOU ARE BUT RE INSIDE YOU BLADDER.

• Posted

THE GOOD NEWS ARE, 80% OF PATIENTS OF TURP CAN'T. ACTUALLY YOU ARE BUT RE INSIDE YOU BLADDER.

• Posted

one of the risks of turp is just that. Retrograde ejaculation. some retain there ability to ejaculate, some don't.

• Posted

If doctor didn't tell you that in advance you should take action against him. Too late for you. Urologists are medieval practioners who don't give a damn about your sex life.

• Posted

Unfortunately you cannot take action against him because no doctor would put a positive outcome in writing.

• Posted

Can't you ejaculate at all ? Or you can still ejaculate, but the semen going into the bladder instead of coming out of your penis ? This is call retro ejaculation and most of TURP patients ended up with.

• Posted

It seems Uros, on moral-ethical grounds, should explain to their patients all potential complications from TURP - and since RE is present in > 75% of TURPs, that, in particular, should be mentioned before you're in pre-op.

Of all BPH surgical procedures, TURP has the highest rate of retro. HOLEP is nearly as high.

As others have said, there is no way to recover normal ejaculatory function. I hope the procedure helped improve your urinary symptoms and overall quality of life. If so, weigh those gains against what you lost, and perhaps that will help you mentally to adjust to the loss of normal orgasms.

Your doc should have been upfront.

• Posted

In America do you not have to sign a consent form that has listed what can go wrong as we do in the UK.

• Posted

i did. he explained all the risks and i had to sign that it was explained.

• Posted

Did the issue you are complaining about appear in the waiver you signed? If it did you should have raised the issue at that time. If it did not you may have a case. Doctors do carry malpractice insurance but you would have to consult a good medical malpractice attorney to determine if you have a case. Medical malpractice cases are the most difficult to win.

• Posted

you wait 2 years to complain about it? Did your Uro tell you its pretty much a given with TURP?

• Posted

i was not told i was just told turp would fix the prostate issue, i guess they thought since i was in my 50's it does not matter but i still wanted the option of another child someday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.