After work out

Posted , 3 users are following.

so of course i had bad anxiety and hear i am worrying im 424lbs use to weigh 597. ive been going to the gym alot but kind of fell off the wagon for abit and now have started to go back on . so heres my question. after intense excerise and being on high blood pressure meds already i notice it takes awhile for my heart rate to get back down to normal. is this normal after intense work out for a guy my size? ive had all heart tests done and tjey were all normal. here i am an hour after my work out and it still beats fast .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It could take quite a while to get back to normal. I assume you have things checked with your doctor. Also you have done really well reducing so much weight. Well done. I assume you must be on a strict diet too, to have lost so much. It is so easy to go off the wagon, just not feel like going to the gym one day and it gets easier and easier to not go. I find that with swimming particularly in the winter.

• Posted

Brandon, it is completely normal. What I would advice is not to strain yourself too much. Yes it's good to challenge yourself and work hard but make sure it is not affecting your health. Get enough ventilation, check your fitness gear and make sure to get enough breaks between exercises. Sometimes it would be good to consider taking supplements to boost your energy levels. Let me know if you need recommendations

• Posted

im on coversyl high blood pressure pills so im limited to what i can take but id love suggedtions and just started going to the gym

• Posted

Brandon remember cardio is great and a must when working out. Never ever skip on the cardio. But do not enter a jog or a throttle all at once. Start with a normal walking pace then build up on the speed. But don't go running full out and too long. You will wear out your energy too quickly and put excessive pressure on your heart. Consult your instructor as well.

Have you ever heard of a herb called echinacea?

• Posted

Well I'm on high blood pressure meds so i gotta make sure thats ok. also ive had all heart tests done which has no issues and getting my lungs checked sat. i got vad health anxiety. and alot of gas. bit i wss running playing basketball at 470lbs full court games to

• Posted

It's great that you are active. Did you go for the lung checkup? What did they say?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.