Aftermath of a stroke

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody

It's been a year and a half that I suffered a (fortunately mild) stroke in Paris, France, where I live. Fortunately there are no after effects physically. But the head continues to work sometimes badly. Sometimes, I am walking in the streets and I feel like if I was going to faint. It scares me a lot. I am seeing a psychiatrist which helps but not enough, at least that is what I think. I go to the doctor often for check-ups and nothing to be scared physically. I am going to see a neurologist in April for a brain check up.

My question to readers, and eventually to doctors, is why this is happening? Why does my brain goes on scaring me? How could I do to stop having bad thoughts and being scared?

If someone could give me some help I'd appreciate.

Thank you for reading and eventually answering.

All the best to all of you.

Fayçal Benhassain

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi i will start by saying im 60 and that i got a tia in july 2016 and by accident they found an aneurism that was 5cm concidered small which thank God they were able to fix.They labeled my tia as a mini stroke .Meaning since my whole right side got numbed it mimic a stroke but there was no damage.But ever since i suffer from headaches every day and vertigo everyday with leg weakness and loss of balance .All test are good.Im assuming that is the type of damage i had that it does not show on the actual test .So they way i manage it is i work out 5 days a week and i use hemp oil.Believe it or not the vertigo are almost gone.Yes i still have some lightheadedness here and there but almost gone.I thought i recommend the hemp oil for some kind of relieve.Exercise keeps your mind busy i do zumba and total body sculpting with weights and there were times i thought i would pass out be ause the vertigo was really bad .But i said no im fighting bzck for my life.And thank GOD almighty i havent gotten another tia and my cholesterol levels dropped drastically since im also eating healthier.Focus on getting healthier .Give the hemp oil at least 2/3 weeks to see improvement .Leave under tongue for 1 min then swallow.I hope you feel better soon.God bless❤

• Posted

Hi to you too.

I am also 64 and when I had the stroke I was 63. Young for a stroke as my doctors said. Anyway, I thank you for your mail. Yes you are entirely right and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. And you're also right when you say that keeping my mind busy helps forgetting about what I suffered from. Yes you are right it is important to do things and to exercise. The difference between us is that I have, fortunately, no sequel. The brain is an organ very complicated and so beautiful. One needs to take care of it. That is what I am doing now.

Yes exercises and keeping the brain busy are keys to our problem.

Thanks again.

Fayça

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.